Is this flaggeable?

zgz93

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

Plot twist: saves for AoT:40thD are copy-protected.

Plot twist, the one trophy pops nothing else, (which is evidenced in the fact they haven't auto popped the game, just one trophy) meaning that whilst copy protection is indeed upheld, that still pops. Seemingly working wholy as intended.

18 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Plot twist, the one trophy pops nothing else, (which is evidenced in the fact they haven't auto popped the game, just one trophy) meaning that whilst copy protection is indeed upheld, that still pops. Seemingly working wholy as intended.

So what? Ok, only that trophy pops, fine. So the savefile contains only the mask, zero progress (because if there would be some progress MAYBE some other trophies could pop as well), but you are still copying it via USB from another profile, console, whatever, having in mind that the save is copy-protected. That what you wanna say?

If yes, I think it is clear that there is some "small" issue here.

You have currently a dispute regarding this, huh? So, assuming that you did everything legitimately, you had to start the game, go into MASKS, download the custom mask which you have created around ~2012, attach it and start VERSUS game -> Pling, trophy. Period. (You can even share your creation with us, why not). That's the ONLY proper way to get this trophy. No need to mention any Xbox, USB or other crap. So that's how it was or not?

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 7:38 AM, iXanon said:

Pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that anyone unlocking it this late in the day without unlocking another specific trophy first, would be flagged.

I can't remember which trophy it was though, I'm not familiar with the game. Maybe it was just the link that @DaivRules posted at the start of the thread.. 1f914.png

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/11703-how-are-people-still-getting-diy-pmc/?do=findComment&comment=2067096

what if someone bought the game back then when the mask creator was available and he created a mask but he never got any trophy?

or if someone played like in 2011 and he got many trophies but he never created a mask when it was available and now he getting it with save file method in 2022?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

what if someone bought the game back then when the mask creator was available and he created a mask but he never got any trophy?

or if someone played like in 2011 and he got many trophies but he never created a mask when it was available and now he getting it with save file method in 2022?

Getting it form a save file would definitely be flaggable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Getting it form a save file would definitely be flaggable.

i know many players who used save file for DIY and they not getting flagged cuz they having other trophies unlocked from 2010-2011

and like this they are not suspicious and they get away with it, but others getting flag for it...

is that not unfair?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodboy995 said:

i know many players who used save file for DIY and they not getting flagged cuz they having other trophies unlocked from 2010-2011

and like this they are not suspicious and they get away with it, but others getting flag for it...

is that not unfair?

Word of advice... 

Don't use other "cheaters" as a defense for your own innocence or actions. 

If you're speeding down the highway and a cop pulls you over and you say to him "what about the Mitsubishi, he was speeding too" 

The cop isn't going to magically let you off. 

Nor is he going to leave you to go after the other guy. 

This time around you were the one who got caught. 

The other guy speeding will get caught eventually. 

• Like 1

Ok so with no knowledge of this game i agreed to let my bro use my acc on his 2nd ps3 so he could self boost to get the online done . he said he could get me the online trophies too but I didn't know he'd use a USB method now I went to hidden games on ps4 and checkmarked this game but it still shows up on this site...  How can i hide this to show up on leaderboards once again 

3 hours ago, LUNIEIZSICC said:

Ok so with no knowledge of this game i agreed to let my bro use my acc on his 2nd ps3 so he could self boost to get the online done . he said he could get me the online trophies too but I didn't know he'd use a USB method now I went to hidden games on ps4 and checkmarked this game but it still shows up on this site...  How can i hide this to show up on leaderboards once again 

You'll have to earn a trophy from any game and update your profile on the site then it will be hidden.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

3 hours ago, LUNIEIZSICC said:

Ok somy bro use my acc on his 2nd ps3 so he could self boost to get the online done . he said he could get me the online trophies too but I didn't know he'd use a USB method 

Classic line from disputes: "Punch your bro in the throat"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

Word of advice... 

Don't use other "cheaters" as a defense for your own innocence or actions. 

If you're speeding down the highway and a cop pulls you over and you say to him "what about the Mitsubishi, he was speeding too" 

The cop isn't going to magically let you off. 

Nor is he going to leave you to go after the other guy. 

This time around you were the one who got caught. 

The other guy speeding will get caught eventually. 

"cheaters"? cheaters use hacking software or modded ps3, if using a save file is the only "legit" way to get just this ONE TROPHY then i see it as lifesaving and you can get the trophy without modding and stuff like that.

You cant compare this to a real life situation, speeding down the highway on full speed is dangerous and risk others life aswell and a punishable offence, for using a save file in real life the cops dont arrest you.

The point is if someone speeding down the highway and dont get caught then he maybe get caught next time,

but in this save file situation if a player who already have trophies from Army of two 40th Day before that mask creating website shutdown and he DOESN'T created back then a mask then he can use just now in 2022 a save file to get the mask and like that you have no evidence that he used the file cuz ooohh this guy played in 2011, ok then he must be done it without save file

Like this he NEVER getting caught for using save file in Army of two, but in your metaphor the guy still  can be caught reaching the speed limit in the same ''car''

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

"cheaters"? cheaters use hacking software or modded ps3, if using a save file is the only "legit" way to get just this ONE TROPHY then i see it as lifesaving and you can get the trophy without modding and stuff like that.

You cant compare this to a real life situation, speeding down the highway on full speed is dangerous and risk others life aswell and a punishable offence, for using a save file in real life the cops dont arrest you.

The point is if someone speeding down the highway and dont get caught then he maybe get caught next time,

but in this save file situation if a player who already have trophies from Army of two 40th Day before that mask creating website shutdown and he DOESN'T created back then a mask then he can use just now in 2022 a save file to get the mask and like that you have no evidence that he used the file cuz ooohh this guy played in 2011, ok then he must be done it without save file

Like this he NEVER getting caught for using save file in Army of two, but in your metaphor the guy still  can be caught reaching the speed limit in the same ''car''

Mate everything you've said in this thread is so true. I dont get the whole bs surrounding if you've already got a trophy for the game you didnt use the same method all the others are getting flagged for. Its complete and total bs. There'll be loads of people who never did the mask but got other trophies for the game and then came and did the usb method. So get away with it. Like if they did other trophies and the mask why didnt they pop it back then? More than questionable.

It's more likely to have done the website shizzle then not actually gone into the trophy hunt quite yet, until say, recently.

Anyhow, it's a literal part of the legit side of the systems hardware, no cfw. Yet because the ones who start it late in the servers life get villified.

Edited by GeorgieBeast

On 14/10/2022 at 9:28 AM, Smashero said:

Plot twist: saves for AoT:40thD are copy-protected.

Try the method on an alt, i dare you. See what info you can garner from it.

On 14/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, Smashero said:

So what? Ok, only that trophy pops, fine. So the savefile contains only the mask, zero progress (because if there would be some progress MAYBE some other trophies could pop as well), but you are still copying it via USB from another profile, console, whatever, having in mind that the save is copy-protected. That what you wanna say?

If yes, I think it is clear that there is some "small" issue here.

You have currently a dispute regarding this, huh? So, assuming that you did everything legitimately, you had to start the game, go into MASKS, download the custom mask which you have created around ~2012, attach it and start VERSUS game -> Pling, trophy. Period. (You can even share your creation with us, why not). That's the ONLY proper way to get this trophy. No need to mention any Xbox, USB or other crap. So that's how it was or not?

How does one post a photo as I've tried to sign up to link a pic but i aren't getting a confirmation email through

47 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Anyhow, it's a literal part of the legit side of the systems hardware, no cfw. Yet because the ones who start it late in the servers life get villified.

Just because the console isn't being molded, doesn't make it legitimate.  Using someone's save file means it's not yours, hence illegitimate.  

People that started the game prior to this becoming unobtainable are given the benefit of doubt because they at least have something showing they could have created a mask at the time.

In spite of what people think, the CRT do not want to remove people from the leaderboard unjustly - hence, if there's any grey area (like having the list prior to shutdown vs not), they'll usually err on the side of caution.

Whether you like it or not, your definition of legit doesn't match up with this site's definition.  Your choices become:

Hide the game and return to the leaderboard 

Don't hide it, and ignore the leaderboard 

Find a new site (because the rules are not likely to change to your liking)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodboy995 said:

You gained the reward without the effort... You used a save file that wasn't yours. 

By definition of the leaderboard that is cheating. 

The trophy is unobtainable by the initially intended method created by the developers. 

Just because a work around exists does not make it legit. 

Also my analogy went completely over your head. 

You're not meant to take it literally. 

My point was just because other people have also cheated but are yet to be caught isn't grounds for your own cheated trophy to be dismissed. 

The people that have yet to be caught will eventually be caught in due time and reported. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Just because the console isn't being molded, doesn't make it legitimate.  Using someone's save file means it's not yours, hence illegitimate.  

People that started the game prior to this becoming unobtainable are given the benefit of doubt because they at least have something showing they could have created a mask at the time.

In spite of what people think, the CRT do not want to remove people from the leaderboard unjustly - hence, if there's any grey area (like having the list prior to shutdown vs not), they'll usually err on the side of caution.

Whether you like it or not, your definition of legit doesn't match up with this site's definition.  Your choices become:

Hide the game and return to the leaderboard 

Don't hide it, and ignore the leaderboard 

Find a new site (because the rules are not likely to change to your liking)

Since where in Sonys t&cs does it state anything about using any savefile in a legitimate manner? It could be your own, even if it isnt, that isn't proved by someone else saying or thinking it might not be. The difference being sony dont like modded consoles/cfw. So it's not anything like being illegitimate. How can you claim it is when sony themselves, who are bigger than this site and the people who make decisions for it, dont deem it to be so? You saying its not legitimate doesn't make that the truth.

The rules need to be amended slightly. These things happen is sport. Sometimes things occur that create a change. When the rule refers to savefiles, i assume it refers to modding it in a way a program has been used to sign it over to you. In this, nothing has interfered with the copy protection of this. With very little digging at all you will see that even though its an end game file, only the one trophy has popped for all those guys.

So tell me. How does it make sense that if someone has been trophy hunting a game and have created a mask on the website already, how, when they would have popped it entering a match, did they not get it? Those that have got bod most likely faked it. Simple as that. Getting it later down the line, whilst i dont disagree that, to your opinion it isnt legit, they've got it the same way, just started later. But what about those that did the creation all that time ago and merely didnt play the game until later? When you do go into it and play it pops and you hunt for the rest of the trophies. It simply doesnt make sense that those previously given bod actually created said mask but didn't get the trophy. It brings the whole thing into question.

Edited by GeorgieBeast

8 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

You gained the reward without the effort... You used a save file that wasn't yours. 

By definition of the leaderboard that is cheating. 

The trophy is unobtainable by the initially intended method created by the developers. 

Just because a work around exists does not make it legit. 

Also my analogy went completely over your head. 

You're not meant to take it literally. 

My point was just because other people have also cheated but are yet to be caught isn't grounds for your own cheated trophy to be dismissed. 

The people that have yet to be caught will eventually be caught in due time and reported. 

No, because they've already been deemed legit and they won't make a redecision on them. No way. The word was that if they already had progress on the game before website closure then they would simply get bod, even though in reality they'd already have the trophy. They won't get found out. They won't get flagged etc.

And no, you aren't seeing, there's no less effort involved using a file than it is to create on the website your own mask. It's as simple as that. Going on the website isnt ps3 gaming to earn trophies by standards of the norm anyway. The rules aren't complete. The rules *assume* something dodgy has gone on with a file for it to be used in the first place, it hasnt for all those cases. For more than a decade. The save protection has been working because this completed file only pops then this one thing. Using a console function created and used for this very sake. Sony put it there for that very reason. You just cant do certain things. That was one that was the exception

1 hour ago, GeorgieBeast said:

No, because they've already been deemed legit and they won't make a redecision on them. No way. The word was that if they already had progress on the game before website closure then they would simply get bod, even though in reality they'd already have the trophy. They won't get found out. They won't get flagged etc.

And no, you aren't seeing, there's no less effort involved using a file than it is to create on the website your own mask. It's as simple as that. Going on the website isnt ps3 gaming to earn trophies by standards of the norm anyway. The rules aren't complete. The rules *assume* something dodgy has gone on with a file for it to be used in the first place, it hasnt for all those cases. For more than a decade. The save protection has been working because this completed file only pops then this one thing. Using a console function created and used for this very sake. Sony put it there for that very reason. You just cant do certain things. That was one that was the exception

How was the trophy originally designed to be obtained. 

By you, the individual person, going on to the website... Creating your own mask, linking it to your account and then using that makes in game. 

It was not designed for you to use other people's saves. 

Sony never intended to allow save sharing anyways... Hence save file encryption, regardless of wether this game has thos encryptions or not. 

If the original means to unlock the trophy is no longer usable then by all definition of the leaderboards any other method to obtain that trophy is illegitimate. 

It's the same issue with run like the wind in gta5. 

The bounty system was disabled on the ps3 version. 

But modders could still give you a bounty. 

Did you mod the game? No. 

Did you still have to survive the bounty? Yes. 

But the original method created by the developers ceases to exist, so the trophy is unobtainable by regular means. 

There for that trophy is deemed illegitimate. 

No matter what way you look at it. 

If you did not create a mask when the site was still up then you lost your chance. 

You can't then go and use someone else's save and claim you unlocked the trophy legit... Because you didn't. 

End of story. 

2 hours ago, GeorgieBeast said:

The rules need to be amended slightly. These things happen is sport. Sometimes things occur that create a change. When the rule refers to savefiles, i assume it refers to modding it in a way a program has been used to sign it over to you. In this, nothing has interfered with the copy protection of this. With very little digging at all you will see that even though its an end game file, only the one trophy has popped for all those guys.

You are incorrect... 

There are games like Fuel that have no save encryption, but if you use a save to pop all the trophies you will still be flagged for it. 

The rules don't need to be amended because they already don't allow what you are stating. 

Your problem is you are assuming the rules without actually checking them. 

Save encryption exists because Sony does not approve of save file sharing. 

Is the save file yours? No. 

Then it's illegitimate. 

1 hour ago, Azure Kite said:

Save encryption exists because Sony does not approve of save file sharing.

Without speaking to THIS game specifically...

It is the developers who decide whether to copy protect a save file.  Usually it's related to some kind of online profile data.  

Save sharing is built into the PS3.  Sony built in the ability to copy saves to other profiles on the consoles. Which means account sharing can open up console based save sharing.  

To say Sony doesn't approve, is simply inaccurate.  Encryption has nothing to do with.

Edited by Reboot_Revival

4 minutes ago, Reboot_Revival said:

Without speaking to THIS game specifically...

It is the developers who decide whether to copy protect a save file.  Usually it's related to some kind of online profile data.  

Save sharing is built into the PS3.  Sony built in the ability to copy saves to other profiles on the consoles. Which means account sharing can open up console based save sharing.  

To say Sony doesn't approve, is simply inaccurate.  Encryption has nothing to do with.

Account sharing? 

You mean the same account sharing that Sony states is against their tos? 

But even then you mention console based save sharing... referring to the sharing of saves between accounts on 1 localised console... 

Not the mass distribution of a save file over the internet that anyone can download and use. 

Also save encryption is a requirement for every single game is it not? 

Regardless of wether that game has online profile data or not. 

There's a reason why using a save that didnt originate from your account (without resigning) disables trophy acquisition. 

Edited by Azure Kite

21 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

You mean the same account sharing that Sony states is against their tos? 

AFAIK it's only against their terms if you sell access to your account. But providing your login details to another for free so they can temporarily use digital items is different.  It is also specifically allowed by the mods of this leaderboard.

Regardless you missed the entire point of my response.

You said Sony is against Save Sharing, they aren't.  If you can copy it to another user locally, you copy it via USB to another user elsewhere.

Save Encryption has nothing to do with copying.  It's more to do with hex editing and cheating attributes.  Preventing saves from running on other profiles has to do with console ID, User ID, and copy protect flags in the save file itself if they are populated.  Not encryption.

You are trying to split hairs as much as possible to keep and sometimes just ignore your original point.  

Edited by Reboot_Revival

7 minutes ago, Reboot_Revival said:

AFAIK it's only against their terms if you sell access to your account. But providing your login details to another for free so they can temporarily use digital items is different.  It is also specifically allowed by the mods of the leaderboards.  

Regardless you missed the entire point of my response.

Let me just show you a portion of Sony's own tos...notice how it flat out says no to any form of account sharing? 

Screenshot-20221019-000908.jpg

Edited by Azure Kite

That seems more to do with account brokering than individual sharing. And it still has nothing to do with the leaderboards rules allowing account sharing. You cant claim the leaderboard rules follow Sony's "approvals". When they so clearly don't.

Regardless you still ignore the point.  SONY is not against Save file Copying.   The leaderboard is.

Sony MAY be against individual account sharing.  But the leaderboards aren't.  

Again.  Not speaking to this game directly(which is copy protected). Just your general thoughts of Save Sharing and Sony's assumed position on it(which isn't relevant to the Mods of the leaderboards or the CRT).

Edited by Reboot_Revival

1 minute ago, Reboot_Revival said:

That seems more to do with account brokering than individual sharing. And it still has nothing to do with the leaderboards rules allowing account sharing. You cant claim the leaderboard rules follow Sony's "approvals". When they so clearly don't.

Regardless you still ignore the point.  SONY is not against Save file Copying.   The leaderboard is.

Sony MAY be against individual account sharing.  But the leaderboards aren't.  

Now who's splitting hairs? 

There's no ambiguity... The tos flat out states it is against account sharing in any form. 

Where did I state that this site's leaderboard rules follow Sony's own rules? 

I mentioned both in one reply yes, but never said that this site's rules rely on Sony's own rules. 

I may needed to construct my comments a bit better, ill give you that.

Sony MAY not be against Save file Copying in the way you out it. 

But it wouldn't disable trophies if they didn't want you obtaining them from saves that are not your own. 

But the point isn't that Sony allows save file sharing as you say, while this site doesn't. 

Because it frankly doesn't matter. 

Want to be a part of this site's leaderboard? Then you follow its rules... Simple. 

Downloaded saves... Regardless of intent, is against the site's rules. 

And there are a number of reasons why that is. 

End of story.