Some random hacker boosted my RP to 180+

mordeckai81

if you haven't unlocked any trophies then you are safe about psnp. if you unlocked level trophies sequentially then there could be problems.

and beware of RLTW, it's not worth the headache.

4 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Better hide it before CRT finds this and flags you if it did anything to your trophies, already been hundreds of people in your situation and such and there's no way to fix the game. If it didn't do anything to your trophies then it doesn't matter because the entire thing is dying soon

CRT? in any case it popped all my rank trophies at once.

I barely played the online part and was rank 20 and got shot up to 180+

Edited by mordeckai81

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Why did you sync your trophies? I've never understood why people who get trophies this way sync the trophies and then come one here like oh no. 

if you synced the trophies, its over. if not synced yet, delete your console user and you will be free of a flag.

8 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Better hide it before CRT finds this and flags you if it did anything to your trophies, already been hundreds of people in your situation and such and there's no way to fix the game. If it didn't do anything to your trophies then it doesn't matter because the entire thing is dying soon

I forgot to mention that I do not feel like hiding all the stuff I've done legit (I assume you are talking about hiding my entire game) just because of some random hacker popping me 3 trophies on something I did not even cared to begin with.
I never cared to get as many trophies as I could on this before the shutdown (I'd much rather try to get those on the PS4 version) but I was helping a friend with his heists because he does want to get as many trophies as he can.

Edited by mordeckai81
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

Ever think that maybe some people just don't know how to delete the data before it syncs on its own? Deleting and re-creating your profile is a bit of a pain in the ass.  

There's also the fact that people should not have to jump through all sorts of hoops over an issue that is entirely manufactured by the owner and CRT of this site.  (Not that they created the issues plaguing GTA, but they are literally the only site that I know of that are going so far out of their way to punish legitimate players for an issue completely out of their control.)  

I can see both sides to the argument.

Personally I think the leaderboards on this site are broken anyway, you cant really 'compete' unless you're scumming one way or another.

2 hours ago, Silocia said:

I can see both sides to the argument.

Personally I think the leaderboards on this site are broken anyway, you cant really 'compete' unless you're scumming one way or another.

I wouldn't go that far.   The leaderboards themselves aren't broken.  For the most part, they're measuring what they were designed to be measuring.    It's not really the site's fault that Sony decided to allow an endless stream of shovelware that happens to allow platinum hunters to buy their way to the top of boards like this, and attempting to "fix" the problem by filtering out all the chaff would cause even more controversy, as people would bitch if their favorite indie games got caught up in the mess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hardly.

I wouldn't know what to do to do this - I understand it in theory, but I would need to look up a step-by-step guide to actually be confident in doing it. 

There are plenty of people out there like me who have one profile, have had it for years, and have never fucked with any kind of deleting / recreating / multi-profile stuff, and would be just as liable to fuck something up in the process than actually achieve the intended result.

In the end, I've never bothered to figure that stuff out, as I just adhere to the "unofficial PSNP rule":

Just do not play any Rockstar game or any Call of Duty game online, unless you are willing to be 'flagged' for reasons that have nothing to do with your own actions.

My point is, if you care about illegitimate trophies any normal person would just sign out of PSN and find a solution instead of staying signed in or syncing the trophies. 

If you have an account and regularly post on a website dedicated to trophy tracking/hunting the "well I didn't know" excuse pretty quickly falls apart.  No one in this community is a casual player lol.  You're also kinda bad faith arguing as you have both a recent RLTW and hacked level trophies in this game.

Edited by JunkSkelington