[Obtainable] "The House of Doom" trophy bug fixed

Deceptrox

It seems that the latest update broke the trophy "House of Doom" which is earned by going through the exit that takes you to the level with the same name. 

I just sent Bethesda a tweet. If you just started the game or plan on doing it, please ask the developer or publisher to fix the game so that they can release a patch that fixes this issue sooner than later. Thank you.

Update: The trophy is now obtainable, it has been fixed with the latest update (version 1.06 on PS4) which was released today, April 20th 2022.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The twitter account from Bethesda in Spanish replied back to me. They told me to report the issue through their web page. I did as requested, I explain the issue and provided all links from other people reporting the same issue on all platforms. One lady from support replied bysaying they will send my report to the developer. I just hope they can tke a look at the code of the game. 

You can also report the problem to Bethesda support, the more people the better.

On 18/12/2021 at 5:53 AM, Deceptrox said:

The twitter account from Bethesda in Spanish replied back to me. They told me to report the issue through their web page. I did as requested, I explain the issue and provided all links from other people reporting the same issue on all platforms. One lady from support replied bysaying they will send my report to the developer. I just hope they can tke a look at the code of the game. 

You can also report the problem to Bethesda support, the more people the better.

This is the default response, several people are reporting it on Xbox so....fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, sanchezzz92 said:

Guys , is there any progress on this situation ? I have only this trophy left to platinum .

Nope. The devs haven't released a patch yet, hopefully they will fix this whenever they update the game for whatever reason (maybe a new mode or just to fix other bugs). 

The other solution will be to downgrade the game to a previous version.

Edited by Deceptrox

On 1/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, Deceptrox said:

Nope. The devs haven't released a patch yet, hopefully they will fix this whenever they update the game for whatever reason (maybe a new mode or just to fix other bugs). 

The other solution will be to downgrade the game to a previous version.

Can you downgrade to a previous version on PS5? Has anyone tried this and been successful in getting this trophy? I have a save file right before the necessary warp gate. I’m glad they fixed the corrupted save files for me, but it’ll probably be a while before Bethesda fixes this issue. 

5 hours ago, QuietCool187 said:

Can you downgrade to a previous version on PS5? Has anyone tried this and been successful in getting this trophy? I have a save file right before the necessary warp gate. I’m glad they fixed the corrupted save files for me, but it’ll probably be a while before Bethesda fixes this issue. 

I think I read you can't downgrade on PS5. 

On 18/12/2021 at 2:53 AM, Deceptrox said:

Reported the issue as well. They said that they are aware of the issue (the trophy being un lockable on all platforms) and are passing the feedback to the dev team daily. Default answer, but it's something. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

According to somebody on the developer discord, there was a hotfix for this issue on the 26th. I'm not seeing anybody's earned it since then, but might want to give that a try if you've been waiting.

Up to 12 hours ago there wasn't an update after the one that screwed the trophy. There is no way to get the trophy with the current version (1.05) unless you downgrade to an earlier version that is if it's possible to download an earlier update.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:21 AM, Deceptrox said:

Up to 12 hours ago there wasn't an update after the one that screwed the trophy. There is no way to get the trophy with the current version (1.05) unless you downgrade to an earlier version that is if it's possible to download an earlier update.

Hotfix meaning something in-game rather than an actual patch to download, was my understanding of how it worked. So no 1.06 for this. Not sure if you checked it or not since from your message. I'd assume somebody would have popped it by now but the neither stack of Quake has many players, so it's hard to tell.

On 4/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Hotfix meaning something in-game rather than an actual patch to download, was my understanding of how it worked. So no 1.06 for this. Not sure if you checked it or not since from your message. I'd assume somebody would have popped it by now but the neither stack of Quake has many players, so it's hard to tell.

As far as I know only Steam players can do that and earn the trophy but it crashes the game.

Edited by Deceptrox

I started playing Quake short after release in Aug 21 in my holidays on my "travel" ps4, but stopped since the game kept constantly crashing my save files. 

I gave it a second shot and finished it on  ps5, but never touched the game on ps4 ever since. 

long story short, I took a look on my ps4 and my update history shows version 1.04.

Is it actually possible to start and play the game without an inet connection/ connection to bethesda servers to prevent updating the game and get this single trophy? 

I am not overwhelmingly motivated to finish it on ps4, this buggy, savecrashing demon of a game is a pain in the a, but... ?

EDIT: Yep it worked.

btw the discription of Version 1.04 reads:

- Version for physical disc

I guess buying the disc version of the game would bypass the problem, but yes I am aware that almost everyone in here owns the digital version. 

Edited by Messknecht

21 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

I started playing Quake short after release in Aug 21 in my holidays on my "travel" ps4, but stopped since the game kept constantly crashing my save files. 

I gave it a second shot and finished it on  ps5, but never touched the game on ps4 ever since. 

long story short, I took a look on my ps4 and my update history shows version 1.04.

Is it actually possible to start and play the game without an inet connection/ connection to bethesda servers to prevent updating the game and get this single trophy? 

I am not overwhelmingly motivated to finish it on ps4, this buggy, savecrashing demon of a game is a pain in the a, but... 1f914.png

I never had any crashing issues on 1.04 nor on 1.05 on PS4 (slim).

Yeah, just use level select and play The Underworld map until you get "The House of Doom" then you can update to 1.05 to get the remaining trophies. 

2 hours ago, Archavia said:

Patch 1.06 is live, but sadly doesn't appear to fix it.

Is it really live? I press check for updates and it says I have the latest version, I'm still on version 1.05.

Edited by Deceptrox

11 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Is it really live? I press check for updates and it says I have the latest version, I'm still on version 1.05.

I had mine update to 1.06 when I posted that. It might be that different versions of the game receive the patch at different times, I'm on Aus version and that patch is live. I didn't try playing through the level from scratch to see if it worked, just loaded save in front of the secret and it didn't pop that way.

5 hours ago, Archavia said:

I had mine update to 1.06 when I posted that. It might be that different versions of the game receive the patch at different times, I'm on Aus version and that patch is live. I didn't try playing through the level from scratch to see if it worked, just loaded save in front of the secret and it didn't pop that way.

Still nothing for me.

Is your PS4 slim or pro?

I was hoping the 1.06 update would include a fix for this, but apparently not. I saved right in front of the exit gate to House of Doom, I wonder if it has anything to do with the old save file? Has anyone tried starting the level over and not using an existing save to get this trophy (since the 1.06 update)? I may give that a shot when I have time.

Edited by quakeaz85