[Obtainable] "The House of Doom" trophy bug fixed

Deceptrox

2 hours ago, retroblade said:

So that no-one else bothers on the PS5 I’ve just replayed the whole level and the trophy still didn’t pop with update 1.06 1f621.png

Ridiculous. 

I contacted Bethesda support last month and they basically told me I must be doing something wrong and to try again. 

Bethesda Support replied to my ticket & asked to send them a video showcasing the issue - uploading a video to youtube and sending the link.  Has anyone else gone through these steps with them already?  Seems like a lot of work if they're already aware of the issue.

One of the guys at Bethesda Support told me that reporting the issue using the "feedback" tag is what designates a ticket to be redirected to the development team for review.   Also "...the more instances of this reported to the development team the better."  Steps to report it through their support website:

1. Select Quake as your product
  2. Click the Feedback and select your category (Gameplay)
  3. Fill in the form
  4. Click Submit
Edited by mgrantz
updated info

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CypriotDestroyer said:

I tried reporting the same issue on both their website and twitter. I hope they do something about it. However, at bethesda website, after I select technical support option for Quake there is no PlayStation option available as Platform. Does this mean they have no intention of fixing it?

There was no PlayStation option either when I reported the issue back in the middle of December, I don't remember if by that day Bethesda was already purchased or not. I don't think it will affect PlayStation version though since even the Steam and Xbox version haven't been fixed yet as far as I know.

I hope they fix it! By the way I messaged their support team, they sent a reply to my mail (which seemed like an automated reply) saying we should just try redoing it or sending a bug report to a link they provided. I sent a reply mail to that simply saying that this has nothing to do with retrying, the game has to be updated to fix it. My Bethesda page says they replied to my 2nd message but I can’t see anything on my mail. Do you know where else I should check?

Today they sent a new reply to me. Basically they said they will look into it but trophy business isn’t really on their platform so we should contact PlayStation for not being able to unlock the trophy. They are aware that this was not the outcome I was expecting and are sorry for the inconvenience. So I guess this is it. My 100% trophy streak is over. I will probably stop playing PlayStation at this point

1 hour ago, CypriotDestroyer said:

Today they sent a new reply to me. Basically they said they will look into it but trophy business isn’t really on their platform so we should contact PlayStation for not being able to unlock the trophy. They are aware that this was not the outcome I was expecting and are sorry for the inconvenience. So I guess this is it. My 100% trophy streak is over. I will probably stop playing PlayStation at this point

Stopping PlayStation entirely because you can't get one trophy, wow.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We should contact as many Quake players as we can and encourage them to report this trophy problem to Bethesda either on their website or other social media the company uses. The more people report and push for an update, the more chance we get for fixing this problem. On one of the xbox or steam forums, they were talking about a possible update but they can only carry out that update at those platforms only and skip this update on PS. So I recommend trying to reach as many people as possible to get our voice heard

39 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

The devs on  the official Quake discord said this would be patched "in the next update" Link

However, this was in February, so there has been over a month of radio silence. 

What worries me is what if they only update for XboX and Steam. I mean as far as I know Bethesda belongs to Microsoft (corrrect me if I am wrong please) and if that’s the case, they might just not care about PlayStation and simply ignore this platform. I just hope that’s not the case.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SLAIN_ETERNAL said:

Good news. This has been fixed in update 3. Just tested and got the trophy.

When was that released? On both PS4 and PS5? I checked earlier today and there weren't any updates for the PS4 version.

Edited by Deceptrox

41 minutes ago, SLAIN_ETERNAL said:

I have only tried on PS5. I think the update has only come out in the last few hours.

I just checked and there is an update for PS4 (1.06), hopefully it fixes the trophy. I'll check later since I'm busy now, I just let it downloading.

Edited by Deceptrox

On 23/04/2022 at 8:20 AM, CrestlineIceberg said:

I got the trophy but the Discharged trophy is still glitched for me. If a guest account is used, they get it. Hopefully, this gets patched. Otherwise, would you guys know what I could do to finally unlock it and get the platinum since this is my final trophy I need?

Got the Platinum now. I had the same problem with the Discharged trophy. From memory I started the game using another PSN profile and added my normal account as a secondary player in the game. Complete the task with the guest/other player and it will pop for you as long as the secondary player is active in the game. The secondary player gets awarded the trophy for some reason. Worked for me anyway. Good luck!

On 23/4/2022 at 2:20 AM, CrestlineIceberg said:

I got the trophy but the Discharged trophy is still glitched for me. If a guest account is used, they get it. Hopefully, this gets patched. Otherwise, would you guys know what I could do to finally unlock it and get the platinum since this is my final trophy I need?

Have you tried it with a training bot or just with a secondary account? I did it with a training bot on patch 1.04 and it popped as it should.

Edited by Deceptrox

• 2 weeks later...