The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

On 1/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, bcimbatman7 said:

1. Laser League (0.93%) - 100%

2. Pox Nora (0.66%) - 0%

3.Party Golf (3.75%) -0%

4. Lords of the Fallen (4.18%) -8%

5. Epic Dumpster Bear(4.15%) -10%

Time to add a few more (subject to change ofc)

1. Laser League (0.93%) - 100%

2. Pox Nora (0.66%) - 0%

3.Party Golf (3.75%) -0%

4. Lords of the Fallen (4.18%) -8%

5. Epic Dumpster Bear(4.15%) -10%

6. Madden NFL 19 (2.36%)- 0%

7. Knowledge is Power (2.36%) -40%

8. That's You (1.79%) -3%

9. Magicka 2 (1.32%)- 0%

10. tbd

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Tier 1 Update - Vanquish (4.93%)
Vanquish-20220127181931
Full Result Screens:  Challenge 6, All Challenge times

I know I'm like the 3rd person in the last few days to get Vanquish done, but I'm still proud of myself, okay. 1f602.png When people talk about the difficulty of "challenge 6" in relation to the rest of the game, they're not messing around. I didn't expect it to be that bad. But it was that bad. I spent around 10 hours over the course of 3 days getting torn to shreds until RNGesus stopped by. On the final wave, I completely botched a strategy I was trying to mimic to take out these irritating sphere dudes; death was coming for me, but, in a last ditch effort, I threw an EMP grenade and almost every sphere I was unable to destroy got stunned in a compact little cluster as if by magic. I looped around, took one shot with the LFE gun, and they were toast leaving only two flying Bogeys to deal with. Gotta love those rare moments when RNG is on your side.

Gleaming bits and pieces from whatever reference videos I could find was the most infuriating part of the process. Learning how to: Boost Dodge, effectively use EMP grenades, quick reload, and exploit enemy weaknesses was a more difficult ask than anything else the game had to offer combined. It was as though I didn't understand the game at all until I had understood challenge 6. 1f605.png It may have been a painful few days, but I'm happy to have understood Vanquish.

hooooooo

I'm also making 2 swaps to my tier! I kinda can't resist the allure of 10 points for Skullgirls 2nd Encore since I earned the platinum back in 2020 and only have the recently released DLC trophies left (one of which is UR), so I'm swapping that in for Mirror's Edge. Additionally, I'm swapping out Wuppo for Catherine: Full Body since I'll be finishing that one up soon!

Great job! And your UR collection is absolutely insane dude.

I see you have Magicka 2 in your list there. Do you have anyone to to play with? I picked it up a few months ago but I never see it pop up on the game sessions. Let me know if you are putting together a group down the line!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vvinushan said:

An update to my Tier 1 list, I have finished Laser League! It is quite an enjoyable game and I'm glad I managed to do it before it is closed forever. The ultra rare platinum was a very good addition!

Happy to see someone else actually enjoyed it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Great job! And your UR collection is absolutely insane dude.

I see you have Magicka 2 in your list there. Do you have anyone to to play with? I picked it up a few months ago but I never see it pop up on the game sessions. Let me know if you are putting together a group down the line!

Thanks, I really appreciate it! :D 

I've only got one other person set for Magicka 2, so the more the merrier!
I'll send you the details on PSN and we can see about setting up a group session if things work out.  

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Thanks, I really appreciate it! :D 

I've only got one other person set for Magicka 2, so the more the merrier!
I'll send you the details on PSN and we can see about setting up a group session if things work out.  

Sounds good man, count me in! I don’t know much about the game but I’ve heard it’s a real hoot playing with friends. Should be a good time! ?

3 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Bound By Flame is now complete. Unfortunately I had to do 3 playthroughs (instead of two) as the guide I was using wasn’t in depth enough for a trophy so I missed it meaning I had to complete the game almost completely again. My third time playing it did mean I knocked it out in about 5 hours which wasn’t so bad.
CYObXNb.jpg

Congrats mate! ? What were your thoughts on this game?

I played through Greedfall last year when it came to PS+ and quite enjoyed it, and now I’m a little curious how Spider’s other titles hold up. I’m interested in picking this one up as it is quite short in comparison and it’s always on sale for like $4-5. Worth picking up?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Congrats mate! 1f642.png What were your thoughts on this game?

I played through Greedfall last year when it came to PS+ and quite enjoyed it, and now I’m a little curious how Spider’s other titles hold up. I’m interested in picking this one up as it is quite short in comparison and it’s always on sale for like $4-5. Worth picking up?

It’s not a bad game but it’s definitely not good either. The graphics are pretty bad, the story is generic (only the character you play as can save the entire world), the characters are boring and stereotypical. On your first playthrough where you’ll be saving skill points till you reach level 19 combat is awful. Enemies can do significant damage with a single hit and it takes ages to kill an enemy and this makes boss fights far more drawn out. Combat with skill points used is much easier but even then the best method is to put most of your points into the ranger skill tree, put Interruption on your daggers then spamlock every single enemy to death just using :triangle:. On the plus side the game auto-saves frequently so when you die you don’t lose much progress and the game is unintentionally funny at times. If you’re wanting to give it a go then I would say go for it when it’s on sale, if you’re on the fence then you’d be better to pass on playing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

It’s not a bad game but it’s definitely not good either. The graphics are pretty bad, the story is generic (only the character you play as can save the entire world), the characters are boring and stereotypical. On your first playthrough where you’ll be saving skill points till you reach level 19 combat is awful. Enemies can do significant damage with a single hit and it takes ages to kill an enemy and this makes boss fights far more drawn out. Combat with skill points used is much easier but even then the best method is to put most of your points into the ranger skill tree, put Interruption on your daggers then spamlock every single enemy to death just using :triangle:. On the plus side the game auto-saves frequently so when you die you don’t lose much progress and the game is unintentionally funny at times. If you’re wanting to give it a go then I would say go for it when it’s on sale, if you’re on the fence then you’d be better to pass on playing it.

I’ve looked up footage of the game a few times and while it definitely looks kind of old and haggard, it still looks interesting enough. I usually care far less about graphics and such and a lot more about the story, characters, and writing, which overall I thought were quite good in Greedfall, so if/when I check out this one it will mostly be for that reason. Unintentionally funny is a bonus too lol.

10 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve looked up footage of the game a few times and while it definitely looks kind of old and haggard, it still looks interesting enough. I usually care far less about graphics and such and a lot more about the story, characters, and writing, which overall I thought were quite good in Greedfall, so if/when I check out this one it will mostly be for that reason. Unintentionally funny is a bonus too lol.

Getting it on sale makes it passable. It’s not a very long game either. First playthrough was around 13 hours. Captain difficulty was about 8 hours and a third playthrough for a missable trophy was about 5 hours. I’ll be playing Greedfall soon enough so it’ll be interesting to see how far they’ve come since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Getting it on sale makes it passable. It’s not a very long game either. First playthrough was around 13 hours. Captain difficulty was about 8 hours and a third playthrough for a missable trophy was about 5 hours. I’ll be playing Greedfall soon enough so it’ll be interesting to see how far they’ve come since then.

Greedfall still has a bit of a low budget feel but was obviously a very ambitious game for them. It has a really cool story and setting if you like history, as it’s clearly inspired by the legacy of European colonialism and the many factions and races in the game take inspiration from various cultures and world powers of the time. It really feels a lot like a classic BioWare RPG like Dragon Age or Mass Effect with the  party system, the sprawling dialogue trees and romances and stuff. I honestly thought it was a pretty dope game.

• Like 2

Hey guys, sorry I’m late to the party this year. January has been pretty hectic for me. I’m still working out what my list will be although I’m in a bit of a dilemma similar to @ThirdAwakening. There’s a game I want to include on my list but unfortunately it’s sold so poorly that if even 1 more person platinums it it will go from 3% to 6%. Is there a rule on that? It was Nitro Rad’s GOTY last year and apparently the best 3d platformer he’s played since SM64. 

1 hour ago, postofficebuddy said:

Hey guys, sorry I’m late to the party this year. January has been pretty hectic for me. I’m still working out what my list will be although I’m in a bit of a dilemma similar to @ThirdAwakening. There’s a game I want to include on my list but unfortunately it’s sold so poorly that if even 1 more person platinums it it will go from 3% to 6%. Is there a rule on that? It was Nitro Rad’s GOTY last year and apparently the best 3d platformer he’s played since SM64. 

Heyo there @postofficebuddy! Sooo, if the game was released more than 3 months ago and it's still an UR then sure, it's eligible, even if it has a super low amount of players xD 

If you still aren't sure you can PM me the name of the game (I promise I won't play it myself ?)

3 hours ago, ThirdAwakening said:

I was contemplating seriously pushing Mercenaries Wings, but as of right now if I platted it, it pushes from Ultra Rare to Very Rare. Lets me dodge a huge bullet too. 

Now I saw your post as well. The platinum is 4.76% rarity. If you enlist it, it's eligible (even if it becomes Very Rare later on). It has to be UR at the moment of enlisting.