The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

Any advice on shadow labrys challenges 22/23/24/25 please. I've been trying for 8 hours but i can't complete any of them, i don't know what to do I'm not very good at fighting games, after all the tries my thumbs are hurting a lot, I'm thinking of droping the platinum I can't get this trophy

12 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Finally decided on a 9th game to add to my list, the PS4 re-release of P4AU!

L294724.png

Still working towards that platinum, but thus far I've gotten all of Shadow Labrys' combo challenges complete which is apparently the hardest trophy. I don't usually dive into the genre of 2D fighting games all too much, but I gotta say, it's really satisfying when you pull off long combos!

I believe you recommended this game to me earlier in the thread @Yuber6969, and it's really fun so far! Mastering challenge 23 for Shadow Labrys felt frickin' awesome when it was done! 1f605.png

Just gotta get to level 30 in network mode and then all the online stuff will be done too, then I can go through the Golden Arena and enjoy the story! Already done Yu's P4A route alongside most of Yosuke's, so I look forward to the rest. I'll do all the characters' P4A routes and then get into Ultimax! Persona 3 and 4 had great stories, so it'll be interesting to see the characters meet each other here.

And now I gotta decide what my 10th game is gonna be! 1f605.png I've got the whole year, so hopefully I can come across something that'll catch my eye! As an update for my other UR games, GT7 is pretty much done but I just need wait for the last 2 legendary cars I need to rotate in the dealership, and I've got some more Easter Eggs done for Black Ops 3, I just need to do the 4 challenges on Origins and then do the 2 Moon trophies and the Zombies Chronicles DLC will be complete. From there on, I've done Der Eisendrache and Shadows of Evil already so I just gotta tackle the other 3 DLC maps and it's on to single-player! I reckon BO3 will be the one that I'll slowly complete through the year.

12 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Finally decided on a 9th game to add to my list, the PS4 re-release of P4AU!

L294724.png

Still working towards that platinum, but thus far I've gotten all of Shadow Labrys' combo challenges complete which is apparently the hardest trophy. I don't usually dive into the genre of 2D fighting games all too much, but I gotta say, it's really satisfying when you pull off long combos!

I believe you recommended this game to me earlier in the thread @Yuber6969, and it's really fun so far! Mastering challenge 23 for Shadow Labrys felt frickin' awesome when it was done! 1f605.png

Just gotta get to level 30 in network mode and then all the online stuff will be done too, then I can go through the Golden Arena and enjoy the story! Already done Yu's P4A route alongside most of Yosuke's, so I look forward to the rest. I'll do all the characters' P4A routes and then get into Ultimax! Persona 3 and 4 had great stories, so it'll be interesting to see the characters meet each other here.

And now I gotta decide what my 10th game is gonna be! 1f605.png I've got the whole year, so hopefully I can come across something that'll catch my eye! As an update for my other UR games, GT7 is pretty much done but I just need wait for the last 2 legendary cars I need to rotate in the dealership, and I've got some more Easter Eggs done for Black Ops 3, I just need to do the 4 challenges on Origins and then do the 2 Moon trophies and the Zombies Chronicles DLC will be complete. From there on, I've done Der Eisendrache and Shadows of Evil already so I just gotta tackle the other 3 DLC maps and it's on to single-player! I reckon BO3 will be the one that I'll slowly complete through the year.

Any advice on shadow labrys challenges 22/23/24/25 please. I've been trying for 8 hours but i can't complete any of them, i don't know what to do I'm not very good at fighting games, after all the tries my thumbs are hurting a lot, I'm thinking of droping the platinum I can't get this trophy

• Like 2

Question:

Non-platinum UR games also count as long as there's an UR trophy, right?

I ask this because I may do another swap in my list to put Virtua Fighter 5 PS4 version somewhere there, since I'm finding myself now playing it more actively, and will likely get the last trophy somewhere this month or next (missing under 200 matches as of now).

And yes, I just can't stick to a plan lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Question:

Non-platinum UR games also count as long as there's an UR trophy, right?

I ask this because I may do another swap in my list to put Virtua Fighter 5 PS4 version somewhere there, since I'm finding myself now playing it more actively, and will likely get the last trophy somewhere this month or next (missing under 200 matches as of now).

And yes, I just can't stick to a plan lol

Yes absolutely. I checked your profile, your missing trophy is a 1.28% rarity and game was released in 01 June 2021, so it totally counts.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Overall I would say legend in Kiwami was more difficult then here. But 0's climax battles were more difficult then Kiwami's. I enjoyed the story immensely, but feel the game overstayed its welcome by the end of it. Glad to have it done and dusted. Will wait a while before I pick up Kiwami 2.

Congrats on finishing Y0! I should be joining you soon; all I have left do is finish Legend Mode, which I'm on the last chapter of. I agree that it was a great game (a masterpiece even), but that platinum was a major nuisance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats on finishing Y0! I should be joining you soon; all I have left do is finish Legend Mode, which I'm on the last chapter of. I agree that it was a great game (a masterpiece even), but that platinum was a major nuisance.

I actually saw your post about your most hated mini-games, realized you only had legend mode left and that motivated me to push through it. I had been considering putting it off for another week for 2 as I was feeling burnt out! So you helped me get it done when I did.

I also see you are aiming to do Yakuza 0 as your 100th plat milestone. As a fellow canuck who did Yakuza Kiwami for my 100th plat milestone, I approve.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Yuber6969 said:

I'm also swapping out I am Bread for the Vita version of Guilty Gear XX.

I will watch your progress with great interest on that game :>

5 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

@Yuber6969 Some good thoughts on Yakuza 0. Enjoyable to read. But if you had that hard of a time on legend, especially with the car chase, Kiwami is gonna mess you up. I thought Kiwami's legend mode was way harder then 0's. And the car chase in Kiwami is infamous on legend.

No worries I scared him enough with that one ? that stupid Kiwami 1 sequence was more awful even than the Pool minigame in Yakuza 3 for me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

No worries I scared him enough with that one ? that stupid Kiwami 1 sequence was more awful even than the Pool minigame in Yakuza 3 for me.

Haha, fair enough. I personally didn't have much trouble with it, maybe 6 tries total. But I know that is not most peoples experience. I think I lost some of my hair playing Haruka's pool request though. Not looking foward to Yakuza 3's pool since that is supposed to be harder.

• Like 2

On 18-5-2022 at 7:49 PM, Copanele said:

Hey everyone! Event news incoming.

Lately I haven't been able to keep up with the updates as often as before. However after discussion with some members, I have been made aware that rules and 3--

2. You must first sign up the game before completing it. You cannot complete the game and register it at a later date. 

3. Added exception to Rule 2 - You can add an already platinumed game to your list if the platinum was achieved within 24 hours from the time of the sign up.

--are an absolute headache. 

With this I agree, this rule was more in line with the previous event where charity was a thing. Therefore rules 2 and 3 will be replaced with the following:

Any UR game completed from the moment of registering is eligible for the event.

Will the tier system still remain in place then? Feels like there's no point really to it anymore with this change ?

And side note: am I the only one in this event who actually liked (and prefer) the way it was done last year? What I liked was that having limited swaps worked as extra sort of motivation to stick with hard games, so there was an extra hurdle to take before dropping a game. Worked pretty well for me lol, but oh well ?

(not trying to start a discussion on it or anything btw, obviously this change is supported by most participants, just wanted to also express my opinion on it?)

• Like 2