The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Is there any particular cutoff for this? I ask because I have a pachinko game running at all times that is effectively impossible to prep properly due to horrendous RNG (thus irresponsible to put in my tier at all). Assuming I were to get the plat, it's possible I would be unaware of it for a good 12-18 hours depending on when it popped (it goes in 13-hour shifts and sometimes it ends when I'm asleep or at work). Would it be fine to declare as soon as I'm aware of the plat popping or should I just declare it now to be safe and abuse the infinite swaps to swap it out for something else if/when I get the tier to 9/10 and it still hasn't popped?

Normally I allow a "same day" leniency, let's say 24 hours at most if you were to boost something while asleep.

But just to be on the safe side, declare it now to be safe :) since you have infinite swaps anyway xD 

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Normally I allow a "same day" leniency, let's say 24 hours at most if you were to boost something while asleep.

But just to be on the safe side, declare it now to be safe :) since you have infinite swaps anyway xD 

In that case, I'd like to declare...

激アツ!! パチゲー魂 「CRヱヴァンゲリヲン~始まりの福音~」- 91%

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (PS4) - 90% (Decent chance this goes into VR territory soon-ish, so may as well declare now while it's still eligible)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

I think I might add to this list of mine homefront 2, wolfenstein 2009 and metro last light on ps3. theres are for plats as I don't own the dlc to last light but I do for homefront well the first one that is the voice of freedom that is

If you don't own the dlc for Metro you should reconsider putting it in as rule #1 under Event Structure says you need to get all trophies of the game to complete it for this event.

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

It's unlikely that I can finish 10 UR games, but I think that I will still join as incentive to clean up some more games...

Do I need to submit a list of 10 games from the start? (from what I understood the submitted games aren't a 100% fixed list and can be changed, right?)

Also, how would NFS The Run be considered in all this? The platinum is impossible for me due to an unobtainable trophy, but I still have UR trophies that I can earn in that list.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

It's unlikely that I can finish 10 UR games, but I think that I will still join as incentive to clean up some more games...

Do I need to submit a list of 10 games from the start? (from what I understood the submitted games aren't a 100% fixed list and can be changed, right?)

Also, how would NFS The Run be considered in all this? The platinum is impossible for me due to an unobtainable trophy, but I still have UR trophies that I can earn in that list.

If the event motivates you to finish some games in the backlog then you're more than welcome, that's the main "spirit" of it :D 

Yes, you have to submit a list from the start, you can change as much as you want. But the main rule is first enlist the game and then complete it.

The case you are considering falls under Rule 4, since it's not under our control when the servers are shut down: 

Games with delisted DLC/closed servers : If you really wish to complete a game with server shutdown or delisted DLC, you can do so, but you must have at least one UR trophy in your list.

So yes, you can complete all the achievable trophies and consider it as a completed game, as long as you have an unobtained UR trophy.

9 hours ago, Arcesius said:

In other news, we have been discussing what we want to do about the Most Wanted list. With your feedback, we are leaning towards the following: 

• Fixed Most Wanted list with 3 games that are known to be extremely challenging AND extremely time-consuming to 100%. We're still thinking about the third game for the list. 
  • Temporary Most Wanted list with games of our choosing (quantity of games not yet decided), changes every 3 months. 

I hope that is good for everyone :) 

I like the sound of this! Hopefully this will make everyone happy ?

I'm still deciding on my list here... I figured no rush since it doesn't start for ~2 weeks anyway! I like what a few others have done, with a mix of new and old games. I think I'll do the same, as I've been trying to work on my atrocious backlog ? I'll be curious to see what the Most Wanted list is comprised of tho first. 

• Like 4

I don't know what's more unbelievable: that I haven't played Braid yet or that it's UR. I'm swapping it in to replace Screencheat.

(I needed an excuse to bump out Screencheat, anyway. It's apparently not challenging nor time consuming; trying to stay in the spirit of the event).

In: 

Screenshot-20211218-114915-Chrome-2.jpg Braid, 2.42%

Out: 

L458586.png Screencheat, 3.78%

Very much looking forward to Jan 1 to get started with this event.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

I don't know what's more unbelievable: that I haven't played Braid yet or that it's UR. I'm swapping it in to replace Screencheat.

(I needed an excuse to bump out Screencheat, anyway. It's apparently not challenging nor time consuming; trying to stay in the spirit of the event).

In: 

Screenshot-20211218-114915-Chrome-2.jpg Braid, 2.42%

Out: 

L458586.png Screencheat, 3.78%

Very much looking forward to Jan 1 to get started with this event.

No, screencheat really isn't challenging at all. I managed to get it done in a few hours. It's just one of those party type games (like jackbox) that you play with friends that also require 3 or 4 controllers. Those two things combined make it UR alone. It's honestly only a 4/10 at best for difficulty. 

You've made me check out Braid though which looks decent, so thanks! 

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 1