The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

7 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

It is finally done! The toughest game that I've ever finished is now complete! I've already posted this on a status update earlier this week so most of this will be familiar to whoever read that then. It's taken awhile as I'm honestly not the most efficient lol. I have been pretty on & off this for awhile although it's the only thing that I've been on since I last finished something. I'm have actually been doing the stack at the same time, which is something I don't recommend anyone to ever do. It's already pretty draining enough however I might have some more motivation this time since I want to get on to some different stuff again. I think @Mori & @ExistentialSolid already covered this brilliantly before so there's not really much more to say about it. This isn't something that I would recommend unless you either have wheel, decent sim experience, the willingness to learn what you are in or even a mixture of all those. It can take a long time to get accustomed to whilst with the understanding where you are losing time during the hotlaps can sometimes seem very overwhelming especially the closer you get to the required times. There are exploits out there for if need to do these although I didn't use those so it did take longer to do some of these. The career is so boring since it is mindless driving however the bonus of the ultra rares at least makes up for that. The races have many work arounds so thank fuck for that as those were absolutely stupid at times. There were quite a few times where I would be in a party saying some obscenities as soon as some twat would overtake & effectively the attempt would be over right there. I'll first explain below how this all came about & why I originally started this so I will put that below.

I first started this up back in 2020 to try it out to see if I could do what was known as arguably the toughest racing platinum. I didn't have GT5 at the time so that was something that I got a hold of later down the line. There is also Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout but that is purely a DLC instead. I had a go at this one since it was very much recommended to be done with a wheel rather than a controller, which is what I wanted to use for it. I tried it out over a few days & got absolutely nowhere on it. I couldn't get used to how it handled so I decided to do other stuff throughout the rest of 2020 instead. It wasn't until I came back to it until 2021 last year to be a bit more serious with it since I had improved overall. I went straight into one of the hardest hotlaps & after a week of practice I was finally able to do it. I had a lot of other games to do at the time so I had to put it off for a bit knowing that it was going to take a lot of time & practice to do everything in it. I did actually end up attempting the GT5 Vettel challenges in 2021 as I now had a good comparison. I did everything except Suzuka where I was just about a second off of doing it over a week. I had done a lot of other stuff at the time & wasn't enjoying the pure difficult nature of it so I went to do some other stuff to change things up a bit.

It wasn't until earlier this year where I was finishing up the rest of the Gran Turismo series where I decided to get back to Assetto to just get it done. It's been a bitch getting through some of these hotlaps considering how much time these can take. There are exploits available to use as well as traction control that can be used for certain cars but I didn't wanna use any unless it was for the stack. There was a point where I didn't have any motivation when I got to what I would say is the hardest one of all. I already made a post about it but I just couldn't seem to get it. I was able to finally do it though since I needed even more precision than before to do it. I'll put this one below.

The difference between using a wheel or not is absolutely huge since apparently there is a lot more understeer with a controller. This along with not using traction meant that quite a few took even longer than usual. I still would put Vettel Suzuka above this overall in difficulty since it is not as repeatable & requires more muscle memory to do. I need to finish it off to be done with the Gran Turismo series though. There was a lot of changing around with setups as well so along with the tagged guys above I found @Bullet_KwT, @bdias10 & @VirtualNight videos all incredibly helpful for reference points. There was also great help from @Don_carlito94 who would be in a party quite often whilst I would attempt something. I had @item112z around as well giving plenty of advice on whatever I was doing at the time. There have seriously been so many amazing people that have been around just so that I can get this done, which I'm incredibly thankful for including anyone in the group chats that I'm in as well as the discord groups that I use. The videos for hotlap references, race strategies, setups & positive messages were very helpful! I'll put the final one that I did below.

Swaps - Out - Battlefield 4

In - Killzone: Shadow Fall

Tier 1 (Updated)

qx3tKjU.jpg

I now need to do the stack for Assetto so hopefully I'll be able to do an update in the coming weeks for that. The majority of that is just the career, which as mentioned earlier is very boring lol. I don't ever recommend to do this back to back although it's nice that there are more ultra rares to get still. I don't think that I will personally ever top this platinum even though I have got some pretty tough ones planned that I would like to take on. I wanna finally for the last time say thanks to @bdias10, @Bullet_KwT, @Don_carlito94, @ExistentialSolid, @item112z, @Mori & @VirtualNight for everything that you have posted since your experiences have been incredibly valuable to use. I will at least have some more motivation to get back to doing the Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout DLC now especially as that one is even more draining although I have done quite a lot of it already. I think I'll be putting that one above this though so I'll do what I can when I get back to it. I appreciate everything to all of you for your kind words so cheers! It's time to do it again!

I am really glad i could help, you did a amazing job , and i am sure will get FlatOut done as well

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

5th game cleared. +5 points.

Art of Fighting: Anthology (4.88%)

1Lac5314.png

Difficulty: 8/10

Fun: 3/10

Time spent: over 20h

I'm not a fun of fighting games (P4A is the only one I really liked along with Doa5) so this one was quite a boring experience, and also difficult. It was so annoying that i used the dear old "rant on psnp" trick which has probably saved me 20h or so.

This game includes the first three Art of Fighting games, for each on them you need to clear a run on Hard which is quite tough since the AI is super cheap and reads your input almost everytime. This run should be the hardest to clear in the second game where you also need to beat everyone 2-0 (although you can continue), but in my case I struggled the most in the first game against Mr Karate who I think I casually read time ago that he is one of the cheapest bosses ever made.

Of course more than half of the strategies to beat the AI weren't working properly for me, so i had to rely on pause-exploiting and personal strategies to increase my odds.

Other than the hard run, you also need one on Normal, here I got heavily pranked by second game where I struggled for some hours against the last boss who i defeated in few minutes during the Hard run instead.

I think that at this point the last difficult fighting game left to do is Koihime.

Games cleared:

• Surgeon Simulator
  • Agony
  • A Bastard's Tale
  • Bladestorm: Nightmare
  • Art of Fighting: Anthology

Remaining games:

• Dirt Rally
  • Dirt Rally 2.0
  • Curse of the Dead Gods
  • Woah Dave
  • Ninja Senki DX

Nice man. I hope you left some tips there for me :)

Also crazy the amount of games you finish ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

It is finally done! The toughest game that I've ever finished is now complete! This one was also a bounty too so even better. I've already posted this on a status update earlier this week so most of this will be familiar to whoever read that then. It's taken awhile as I'm honestly not the most efficient lol. I have been pretty on & off this for awhile although it's the only thing that I've been on since I last finished something. I'm have actually been doing the stack at the same time, which is something I don't recommend anyone to ever do. It's already pretty draining enough however I might have some more motivation this time around since I want to get on to some different stuff again. I think @Mori & @ExistentialSolid already covered this brilliantly before so there's not really much more to say about it. This isn't something that I would recommend unless you either have a wheel, decent sim experience, the willingness & determination to learn what you are in for or even a mixture of all those. It can take a long time to get accustomed to something like this whilst trying to understand where you are losing time during the hotlaps can at times seem very overwhelming especially the closer you get to the required times. There are exploits out there to use if needed to do these although I didn't use those so it did take longer to do some of these. The career is so boring since it is mindless driving however the bonus of the ultra rares at least makes up for that. The races have many work arounds so thank fuck for that as those were absolutely stupid at times. There were quite a few times where I would be in a party saying some obscenities as soon as some twat would overtake & effectively the attempt would be over right there. I'll first explain below how this all came about & why I originally started this so I will put that below.

I first started this up back in 2020 to try it out to see if I could do what was known as arguably the toughest racing platinum. I didn't have GT5 at the time so that was something that I got a hold of later down the line. There is also Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout but that is purely a DLC instead. I had a go at this one since it was very much recommended to be done with a wheel rather than a controller, which is what I wanted to use for it. I tried it out over a few days & got absolutely nowhere on it. I couldn't get used to how it handled so I decided to do other stuff throughout the rest of 2020 instead. It wasn't until I came back to it until 2021 last year to be a bit more serious with it since I had improved overall. I went straight into one of the hardest hotlaps & after a week of practice I was finally able to do it. I had a lot of other games to do at the time so I had to put it off for a bit knowing that it was going to take a lot of time & practice to do everything in it. I did actually end up attempting the GT5 Vettel challenges in 2021 as I now had a good comparison. I did everything except Suzuka where I was just about a second off of doing it over a week. I had done a lot of other stuff at the time & wasn't enjoying the pure difficult nature of that either so I went to do some other stuff to change things up a bit.

It wasn't until earlier this year where I was finishing up the rest of the Gran Turismo series where I decided to get back to Assetto to just get it done. It's been a bitch getting through some of these hotlaps considering how much time these can take. There are exploits available to use as well as traction control that can be used for certain cars but I didn't wanna use any unless it was for the stack. There was a point where I didn't have any motivation when I got to what I would say is the hardest one of all. I already made a post about it but I just couldn't seem to get it. I was able to finally do it though since I needed even more precision than before to do it. I'll put this one below.

The difference between using a wheel or not is absolutely huge since apparently there is a lot more understeer with a controller. This along with not using traction meant that quite a few took even longer than usual. I still would put Vettel Suzuka above this overall in difficulty since it is not as repeatable & requires more muscle memory to do. I need to finish it off to be done with the Gran Turismo series though. I'll also list the time & difficulty that I would personally order the hotlaps in.

1.   (10/10)    /  (22hrs) - Alpha 4C vs Green Hell

2.   (10/10)    /  (28hrs) - Clear Ahead (Need to rate again)

3.   (10/10)    /  (20hrs) - A Whole New Toy

4.   (10/10)    /  (20hrs) - Forbidden Record

5.   (9.5/10)   /   (7hrs)  - Demon on Wheels

6.   (9.5/10)   /   (3hrs)  - Flight Simulator

7.   (9.5/10)   /   (4hrs)  - GRA Challenge

8.   (9.5/10)   /   (2hrs)  - British Racing Green

9.     (9/10)    /   (1hrs)  - Your Time Will Come

10.   (9/10)    /   (3hrs)  - Alessi Says, Step On It

11.   (9/10)    /   (2hrs)  - German Fury

12.   (9/10)    /   (2hrs)  - Italy 1987

13.  (8.5/10)  /   (2hrs)  - Free The Beast

14.  (8.5/10)  /   (2hrs)  - Thunder

15.    (8/10)   /   (1hrs)  - Look at me

The difficulty of the hotlaps is going to be different for everyone since the order that you do these in will make a difference. There was a lot of changing around with setups as well so along with the tagged guys above I found @Bullet_KwT, @bdias10 & @VirtualNight videos all incredibly helpful for reference points. There was also great help from @Don_carlito94 who would be in a party quite often whilst I would attempt something. I had @item112z as well giving plenty of advice on whatever I was doing at the time. There have seriously been so many amazing people that have been around just so that I can get this done, which I'm incredibly thankful for including anyone in the group chats that I'm in as well as the discord groups that I use. The videos for hotlap references, race strategies, setups & positive messages were very helpful! I'll put the final one that I did below.

Swaps - Out - Battlefield 4

In - Killzone: Shadow Fall

Tier 1 (Updated)

qx3tKjU.jpg

I now need to do the stack for Assetto so hopefully I'll be able to do an update in the coming weeks for that. The majority of that is just the career, which as mentioned earlier is very boring lol. I don't ever recommend to do this back to back although it's nice that there are more ultra rares to get still. I don't think that I will personally ever top this platinum even though I have got some pretty tough ones planned that I would like to take on sometime. I wanna finally for the last time say thanks to @bdias10, @Bullet_KwT, @Don_carlito94, @ExistentialSolid, @item112z, @Mori & @VirtualNight for everything that you have posted since your experiences have been incredibly valuable to use. I will at least have some more motivation to get back to doing the Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout DLC now especially as that one is even more draining although I have done quite a lot of it already. I think I'll be putting that one above this though so I'll do what I can when I get back to it. I appreciate everything & all of you for your kind words so cheers! It's time get another bounty & do it again!

nice one man you deserve the plat. also why not go for killzone next before the other stack because you only need 1 trophy and the plat?

I swapped in Edge Of Eternity because it sits at 4.99% at the moment. ?

Also I would like to make a suggestion about the Bounty System. What I ‘don’t like’ about it now is the fact that two players could have completed the exact same 10 games and one could have 100 points and the other 10 points.

But having some variation is also a good idea.

So what about a hybrid of this year and last year? Swapping every 3 months but at the start all games for all quarters are already known. Just an idea..

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Also I would like to make a suggestion about the Bounty System. What I ‘don’t like’ about it now is the fact that two players could have completed the exact same 10 games and one could have 100 points and the other 10 points.

But having some variation is also a good idea.

So what about a hybrid of this year and last year? Swapping every 3 months but at the start all games for all quarters are already known. Just an idea..

Sure, why not, it's not unreasonable. I added that option in the poll as well, please check Question 3.

However if people can't vote there due to site limitations, just let me know (quote me, PM me, any means necessary) and I'll note it down :D at the end I will tell the results

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Sure, why not, it's not unreasonable. I added that option in the poll as well, please check Question 3.

However if people can't vote there due to site limitations, just let me know (quote me, PM me, any means necessary) and I'll note it down :D at the end I will tell the results

I can’t vote for it anymore, but it was just an idea. An absolutely amazing idea ofcourse. :awesome:

As event host you could always make the decision.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baker said:

I can’t vote for it anymore, but it was just an idea. An absolutely amazing idea ofcourse. :awesome:

As event host you could always make the decision.

Well I started a count for the third option. For the bounty stuff I will let you guys decide, personally either option is fine by me :P

No changes afterwards! Democracy hammer and all that!

Also, forgot to mention, only people who were participants in the event will have their votes taken into consideration!

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, bdias10 said:

I am really glad i could help, you did a amazing job , and i am sure will get FlatOut done as well

Thanks man, much appreciated. I'll try as best I can when I get back to it. I was about halfway through it so haven't got to do everything at least.

16 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

nice one man you deserve the plat. also why not go for killzone next before the other stack because you only need 1 trophy and the plat?

Cheers dude, ah yeah that one I wanted to do for a milestone personally but not sure although I'm not in a rush for it since the only thing I need in it doesn't take long to do.

21 hours ago, Copanele said:

Heya, I've already voted so it won't let me, but for Question 3 mark me down for the "Hybrid" system.  That's a very cool idea.  Let's someone roadmap out the year and offers greater visibility.

• Like 2