The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

On 11/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, Arcesius said:

I just finished a new game, so I'm gonna swap it in before it's too late :P 

YELM6hf.png

Velocity 2X

This was a pretty fun game. I had no experience with Velocity Ultra, so I didn't really know what to expect going into this one. The game was overall easier to 100% than I expected, but that's not necessarily a bad thing 1f605.png 

The last three levels in the main game have you control two mirrowed ships at once, and there is an entire DLC consisting of 10 levels using that mechanic exclusively. Initially I thought I would never manage to wrap my head around that type of gameplay, but it is really fun to see how quickly you start to assimilate that gameplay and it starts feeling somewhat natural. 

Overall a fun and short 100% :) 

Next up? I have a business trip coming up so probably nothing new for a couple of days. I might then jump into Neon Drive or start Fury Unleashed if @Mori isn't too busy with God of War, as we planned on giving that one a go in coop :P We'll see. 

This is an indie game I can’t recommend enough to people. Challenging but fair. Hard but not overly frustrating. Tight, responsive controls. Good techno music. 

The DLC has stricter time requirements for ‘PERFECT’. The PS Vita version allows for touch teleport which makes the Dual Core DLC far easier. Short levels, but extremely tight on the time limit. You have to do everything flawlessly. 

Can’t remember if I recommended this game on your thread. Glad to see you finished Surgeon Simulator. Curious how I Am Bread will turn out, I was so frustrated with Surgeon Simulator.

Shame Velocity Ultra isn’t on PS4/PS5, it’s not as hard as Velocity 2X but it’s a fun indie game. Purely a shmup, doesn’t have the platforming bits.

• 1 month later...