Rockstar must've sold an abysmal amount of this collection

23 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Earlier today I received an e-mail that basically begged me to play the game, and told me that if I did and earned one trophy between now and whenever, I'd get a free 7 days added to my PSNow subscription.

Do you know if this went out to everybody or just random people? That sounds like a nice offer but I didn't get an email like that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Do you know if this went out to everybody or just random people? That sounds like a nice offer but I didn't get an email like that.

5 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

Same here

Not sure, they wrote the e-mail as a 'for you only' but it seemed more of a marketing take on the mafia theme of the game more than a true 'only for you' offering. I'm in Canada and there was a disclaimer at the bottom. Possibly Canada and UK only? Not sure.

Here's a screenshot of the e-mail

On 12/11/2021 at 10:18 PM, ziggypop_79 said:

Maybe if they’d thrown in the neglected Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories more people would bother playing. 

I would have rather gotten a port of both of those games than this "remastered" trilogy.

Edited by Ant_PK
  • Like 3

On 12/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, ziggypop_79 said:

Maybe if they’d thrown in the neglected Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories more people would bother playing. 

Maybe one day we might see liberty city stories since it’s on ios but I think the thing holding vice city stories back is the fact that Phil Collins appears in the game and the music tracks are arguably one of the best in the series. It sucks that these spin offs aren’t considered part of the collection by many. Sure they’re not the best gtas but it sure would be nice to be able to play them on modern hardware. 

• Like 1

On 2021-12-12 at 5:18 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

Even there I don’t want it. I cannot trust Rockstar anymore to deliver a proper remaster. Expect another rushed buggy broken mess as the GTA “definitive” trilogy.

I’ve decided this is definitely the last time I’m playing this trilogy, as much as I love them. I was thinking GTA IV might need a overall too soon, and it’s almost been a decade since GTA 5! The online stuff they invest time in these days doesn’t interest me at all. 

Edited by ziggypop_79

• 2 weeks later...

This is just proof it's okay to sell garbage like this, no matter how much people complain. People did this with Fallout 76, The Last of Us Part II and Cyberpunk 2077. The modern gaming audience is a bunch of brain dead sheep that is willing to buy anything so long as its popular and its trending, which is exactly what this remastered GTA Trilogy basically represents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is just proof it's okay to sell garbage like this, no matter how much people complain. People did this with Fallout 76, The Last of Us Part II and Cyberpunk 2077. The modern gaming audience is a bunch of brain dead sheep that is willing to buy anything so long as its popular and its trending, which is exactly what this remastered GTA Trilogy basically represents.

I get the comparisons with Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk 2077, but as far as I'm aware, The Last Of Us Part II didn't release with a single bug or anything, so don't understand why that was mentioned.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 4:18 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

If they couldn't remaster three games in the time they were given, what makes you think they'd have managed five? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

I get the comparisons with Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk 2077, but as far as I'm aware, The Last Of Us Part II didn't release with a single bug or anything, so don't understand why that was mentioned.

I was referring to the huge backlash The Last of Us Part II received from both the leak and when the game came out. Also of note was Neil Druckmann's response to his fanbase on Twitter in regards to how he saw the game.

There is so much going on still that is not only driving me away from modern gaming, it's doing its upmost best to insult my intelligence and many others. I just don't understand how Rockstar would allow this trilogy to be released like it has. The only positive I can give is the lightning is an improvement. Everything else feels like it was either messed up or bugged to oblivion.

Maybe if they re-released Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Chinatown Wars and Manhunt 2 for modern systems, we wouldn't be in this predicament. But here we are. I'm watching livestreams of random people play the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy, and the games are still awful.

• Like 1

Just now, Walt the Dog said:

One is a matter of subjective taste in which what one person detests could be what someone else loves whereas another is an objective observation of poor coding that stands to annoy anyone who touches it. Putting them together as one and the same serves no point.

I'm not going to tippy toe around constructing my arguments for anybody. I'm perfectly aware of the differences.

• Like 1