5 Hardest PS4 Platinums That Are Good Games

patrickogorman19

12 hours ago, Lueluo said:

Mount + Blade Warband

some what difficult but not as difficult as the game above.

12 hours ago, bayabug said:

Track mania Turbo - Extremely difficult if you're not a trackmania veteran

Yes, I have played trackmania and it easy an is very hard as you have to been near perferct to achieve some of the times.

10 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

I get Wolf II is hard but putting it next to SMB and Crypt of the Necrodancer has to be a joke.

Well on both trophy guides wolf 2 and a 10/10 difficulty the game is also 85 metacritic score. However I do agree that wolf 2 is easier than SMB Crypt of the Necrodancer the rarity indicates that.

Trophy guides difficulty is irrelevant and poorly represents difficulty of games. Witcher 3 is 7/10 while Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man is 2/10.

Both are eazy but i would rate Witcher as 5/10 as it doesn't have any real challenge in it (Dark Souls is 8/10, Witcher is not "a bit less hard" then Dark Souls).

And Pac-man is 2/10 same as Murdered: Soul Suspect. These 2 games are not on same difficulty level. Trophy guides difficulties are not standardized and are usually random number author feels it is (and how good he is it this genre of games). Remember that you don't even need to have 100% to write a guide. 

First Doom sitting on 8/10 when Wolf II is 10/10 shows what difficulty rating is. Its not that it is meaningless but taking it literally is just wrong.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, no Ikuraga on that list. I mean, that game is like having to master 6 difficult piano musical pieces, not to mention having to know someone else who is good at the game so you can 1 credit clear the game on coop without either you dying local coop (or the lag of share play) This game should be no2, behind Crypt Of The Necromancer.

Absorbing bullets as one color and avoiding the other, flipping to become the opposite color. Killing enemies in sets of 3 colors for the entire level, in a bullet hell adventure. I dare anyone to watch a few minutes of this clip.

I mean, it hurts my brain just watching this game lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

On 13/12/2021 at 0:46 AM, enaysoft said:

Surprisingly, no Ikuraga on that list. I mean, that game is like having to master 6 difficult piano musical pieces, not to mention having to know someone else who is good at the game so you can 1 credit clear the game on coop without either you dying local coop (or the lag of share play) This game should be no2, behind Crypt Of The Necromancer.

Absorbing bullets as one color and avoiding the other, flipping to become the opposite color. Killing enemies in sets of 3 colors for the entire level, in a bullet hell adventure. I dare anyone to watch a few minutes of this clip.

I mean, it hurts my brain just watching this game lol

Is difficult but it didn't have a metacritic rating on the PS4.

Edited by POGtrick

Interesting convo. 

I feel ultimately this is too subjective a topic to ever be, or even feel, definitive. It’s like asking a group of football (soccer for USA peeps) fans what factors you need to be considered a ‘big’ club. Everybody’s answer is going to be biased towards their own personality and experiences to some degree, to the point that you can never even get 100% consensus on what agreed definitions will be used to measure a games difficulty level.

for me, difficulty usually means grind. Not always, but 95% of the time the ‘difficulty’ I have to overcome is whether I have to grind or how many times I’m being asked to play the same game. Someone used the word challenge in a previous post here. And grinding is a big challenge for me. I detest it. And will quite happily turn my back on a plat if I have to play the same game three times or have to grind the same dungeon over and over to incrementally raise xp or have to play through once to unlock a higher difficulty....I mean just put the difficulty level there at the start so we can do this in one go!!

completion percentages is just a number. It doesn’t explain or give context as to why a large proportion of the players didn’t ‘pop’ the respective trophy. Of course, it is a clear indicator of some of the tougher games, but it isn’t the be all and end all. #justsaying

2 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

Interesting convo. 

I feel ultimately this is too subjective a topic to ever be, or even feel, definitive. It’s like asking a group of football (soccer for USA peeps) fans what factors you need to be considered a ‘big’ club. Everybody’s answer is going to be biased towards their own personality and experiences to some degree, to the point that you can never even get 100% consensus on what agreed definitions will be used to measure a games difficulty level.

This is basically any countdown video on YouTube ever made. 

Every other WatchMojo video I have strongly disagreed with their choices. Their people have said this Pokemon movie was the best they ever seen, while a group of casual viewers would vehemently disagree with the views they presented. 

There is no definitive countdown list or video. Every single list made has been subjective, some more than others. 

However, I agree with the consensus Super Meat Boy and Crypt of the Necrodancer being exceptionally difficult. Someone who is hardcore at trophy hunting that plays hard games regularly might not consider Super Meat Boy that hard. Most people say that it is.

I don’t consider sheer length to exactly correlate with game difficulty. You can loot every single location in Fallout 4, which will likely take around 100 - 150 hours to do everything. That is a grind. 

Difficulty in terms of skill such as beating those challenges in Vanquish isn’t the same thing. Some semblance of skill is required, and not everybody can beat those challenges. 

I generally prefer games that are short but a bit challenging, over games that are easy but require hundreds of hours of grinding. 

Then there are games that are overly popular but present a good challenge. All of the Dark Souls fall under this category. I like to typically think of Dark Souls with a very steep learning curve, and for newcomers they will likely struggle.

But like anything in life, practice will help you improve. Some genres I am good at, others not so much. This list in the TC is a pretty general consensus on what many think is hard. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, WiktorM101 said:

Yep, just checked. Wolf II guide has 2 authors. One is sitting on 98% and other on 92% of the platinum. Naither of them has Mein leben.

neither you. how do you manage to have such a strong opinion about the difficulty of Wolf 2?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 5:32 PM, communistwookiee said:

While definitely a hard platinum, I'll argue that Wolfenstein II sucks in comparison to The New Order and The Old Blood. It felt worse to play, had some really poor level design, had a really bad difficulty curve, and some pretty useless power choices.

A lot of critics liked it.

How the hell did you manage to find in a single day a video with so few views? Is this stealth publicity?  Has to be, the date you got that golf game plat is the same the channel made a trophy video for it.

You know, nobody forced you to make a top 5, make it a 15, 20, 25 etc if you feel there are a lot of missed opportunities.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

18 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

How the hell did you manage to find in a single day a video with so few views? Is this stealth publicity?  Has to be, the date you got that golf game plat is the same the channel made a trophy video for it.

You know, nobody forced you to make a top 5, make it a 15, 20, 25 etc if you feel there are a lot of missed opportunities.

He didn't explicitly say it was him in the post but he's not trying to deceive us or anything, he's got PSN info visible in other posts. He just wanted to post the video...

• 1 month later...