Adhoc trophies experience

Flukedit

I am just opening this thread to record what I have found out from my own experience regarding the multiplayer trophies and obtaining them using the adhoc mode, and I'm hoping that others can add to it as they attempt it as well. This will be more important once the online servers get turned off in a couple of weeks, and this will be the only way to the Platinum after that.

So starting off, at time of writing, I have two of the multiplayer trophies, Antisocial Networking and Constant comrade, and only managed to get Constant comrade using adhoc mode, however I believe that the process I went about attempting both may be quite useful for others in the same boat.

My idea going into this was that I would reach Code 2, which is when you gain access to the `Request Co-operation` option via your Accessory, upload my save file at that time to the cloud, and then download it onto a second via, and then enter the same adhoc room using the same character and sending the Rap sheets for Antisocial Networking.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get this to work. While I was able to send the Rap sheets, and the display was showing that I was receiving them, it wasn't possible to accept it, which seems to be the trigger for the trophy. Whether it was just due to matching names, or due to the character having a unique id which matched due to the same save, I'm not too sure.

Another thing that I attempted for Constant comrade was entering the room by myself and doing the cloister mission solo over and over, which did not work either. However, the trophy did pop when I completed the cloisters mission a number of times while having the same save character join the mission and doing it that way.

It's possible that it would work solo, with bots filling in the spaces if you did one of the other missions, however I did not try doing that many missions due to how quickly it was possible to complete the cloister. So, if anyone managed to do it that way, it would be appreciated if you could respond on this thread for others to be able to use that information at a later point.

I have yet to reach Code 4, which seems to be when I can modify my Accessory and get the final multiplayer trophy, so once I get there, I will update this post with what was required to get it.

Hopefully this will help someone make the decision whether to go for this platinum even after the servers get turned off.

UPDATE: Having reached CODE 4, I have modified my Accessory and the trophy Fashion Accessory popped the moment I arrived in the Ad hoc room.

UPDATE 2: Not sure how important this actually is, but I am running Patch 1.22 of the digital English version. Would need additional confirmation regarding any other patch versions.

Edited by Flukedit
Update
  • Like 3

A little off topic, even if you could unlock the multiplayer specific trophies the game itself is pretty much impossible past CODE 7 as the bosses are bigger, stronger and harder to take down and has been designed to play with other players to work together to clear those missions. So without the online support it pretty much makes it out of reach. 

2 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

A little off topic, even if you could unlock the multiplayer specific trophies the game itself is pretty much impossible past CODE 7 as the bosses are bigger, stronger and harder to take down and has been designed to play with other players to work together to clear those missions. So without the online support it pretty much makes it out of reach. 

There's always the masochistic players I mean people are still working in and completing both white knight games and those servers are long gone but possible offline it's just a hair from impossible cause soloing raid bosses lol but still possible. 

13 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

Sucks that's how it is. My vita's starting to die right as the servers are about to close, getting lots of GPU crashes in this game.

I'm right at the CODE 4 exam right now and tbh I'm not sure if I should push for Fashion Accessory if the game's going to be borderline impossible to finish after the shutdown.

13 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I'm right at the CODE 4 exam right now and tbh I'm not sure if I should push for Fashion Accessory if the game's going to be borderline impossible to finish after the shutdown.

Game is doable solo. I’ve done all non-multiplayer trophies playing only with AI, and it wasn’t that hard. The reason why people are having problems is because the weapon crafting system has hidden gacha mechanics that decide how damage scales across weapon levels. If you are not aware of this system then you will upgrade the wrong weapon and hit a wall at code 7. In order to get the correct weapon you have to pray that RNGesus will show mercy, or save scum. It’s arguably the worst weapon crafting system in a video game.

Find a weapon crafting guide, and learn how it all works. There’s also a weapon discrimination tool available online, use it to get rank 1 weapons. You can start creating end-game weapons at code 6.

The biggest annoyance in doing it solo is the fact you’ll have to run the final boss a few times to raise will’o element on your weapons. Other then that, there’s the standard low drop rate for some components. However, most of them can be bought from a vendor, so its faster to farm EP instead. Overall, its not nearly as bad as some people describe.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NeoGlobster said:

Game is doable solo. I’ve done all non-multiplayer trophies playing only with AI, and it wasn’t that hard. The reason why people are having problems is because the weapon crafting system has hidden gacha mechanics that decide how damage scales across weapon levels. If you are not aware of this system then you will upgrade the wrong weapon and hit a wall at code 7. In order to get the correct weapon you have to pray that RNGesus will show mercy, or save scum. It’s arguably the worst weapon crafting system in a video game.

Find a weapon crafting guide, and learn how it all works. There’s also a weapon discrimination tool available online, use it to get rank 1 weapons. You can start creating end-game weapons at code 6.

The biggest annoyance in doing it solo is the fact you’ll have to run the final boss a few times to raise will’o element on your weapons. Other then that, there’s the standard low drop rate for some components. However, most of them can be bought from a vendor, so its faster to farm EP instead. Overall, its not nearly as bad as some people describe.

Can confirm this is totally doable solo and a 4/10 difficulty. Initially I hit a wall because I stuck to my melee weapons (also was putting too much focus on levelling the crap sniper for level 10 trophy). After I upgraded a bit of some assault rifles, I was able to beat the whole game without huge issues. I didn't even need to learn how to maximize my weapons potential, just quick upgrades did the trick.

• Like 2

On 13/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, NeoGlobster said:

Where can i find a good weapon crafting guide?

On 13/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, NeoGlobster said:

On 13/12/2021 at 0:33 PM, EdinhoN said:

Can confirm this is totally doable solo and a 4/10 difficulty. Initially I hit a wall because I stuck to my melee weapons (also was putting too much focus on levelling the crap sniper for level 10 trophy). After I upgraded a bit of some assault rifles, I was able to beat the whole game without huge issues. I didn't even need to learn how to maximize my weapons potential, just quick upgrades did the trick.

Thanks guys, this gave me hope to finish it someday if I'm able to get my vita fixed (or eventually get a new one, who knows? lol)

Edited by kanzenchaos

On 14/12/2021 at 2:33 AM, EdinhoN said:

When you talk about not maximising weapon potentional you didnt bother getting a latebloomer and making it the best growth rate and making it an advance model and putting the best mods on it?

Because I have just made a R8 Barbaras blaster (non later bloomer) and was just thinking about trying to level it up as a standard item

On 12/11/2021 at 0:17 PM, Flukedit said:

My idea going into this was that I would reach Code 2, which is when you gain access to the `Request Co-operation` option via your Accessory, upload my save file at that time to the cloud, and then download it onto a second via, and then enter the same adhoc room using the same character and sending the Rap sheets for Antisocial Networking.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get this to work. While I was able to send the Rap sheets, and the display was showing that I was receiving them, it wasn't possible to accept it, which seems to be the trigger for the trophy. Whether it was just due to matching names, or due to the character having a unique id which matched due to the same save, I'm not too sure.

UPDATE: Having reached CODE 4, I have modified my Accessory and the trophy Fashion Accessory popped the moment I arrived in the Ad hoc room.

Thanks for the info. I also did Constant Comrade with 2 Vitas in ad-hoc. It's pretty easy, playing the cloisters mission. You can also play the second mission, which consists of picking 8 items, you can leave the other Vita idle and just pick everything with 1 player is also mighty easy but takes just a little while longer. Fashion Accessory seems to work even without any other Vita, so that one will always be easy to get.

Now on Antisocial Networking I think it will be more troublesome to get. I was using 2 completely different saves, with different names. Although I already had the trophy, I had exactly the same behavior, that is I can send the rap sheets, but not accept them (probably because in the end it's your own rap sheet). So the only remaining option is to see if anyone has 1 copy of the game physical and a Vita in another account (or a second digital purchase in another account) and see if that will work. If it doesn't this trophy will likely be impossible from the 24th onwards.

Last warning. If you had any weapon DLC downloaded, free or not, you won't be able to use a previously saved game in another installed game unless you also add exactly the same DLCs. That was why I created a new save, and to test beyond what @Flukedit had done. Reaching level 2 in a new game is pretty easy anyway, less than 1 hour of gameplay.

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

Now on Antisocial Networking I think it will be more troublesome to get. I was using 2 completely different saves, with different names. Although I already had the trophy, I had exactly the same behavior, that is I can send the rap sheets, but not accept them (probably because in the end it's your own rap sheet). So the only remaining option is to see if anyone has 1 copy of the game physical and a Vita in another account (or a second digital purchase in another account) and see if that will work. If it doesn't this trophy will likely be impossible from the 24th onwards.

I did Antisocial Networking with two Vitas in ad hoc. Each Vita had a different account with a digital copy of the game installed (one from PS+, one purchased). It won't be impossible, but I agree it'll be more troublesome.

I just got antisocial networking using two vitas with japan version 、it also unlocked on the vita without network pass 、the japan version wont connect to eu version using adhoc 、will the asia version connect to eu version using adhoc ?、i have read eu/usa/asia use the same server 、but its a different version

If so there is no need to buy 2x asia version 、if have eu or usa already

Edited by japancollecter

Hi, 

So you confirm we can have all 3 multi-player trophies by Ad Hoc? Because the trophy guide says we can't

And I have another question, do you know if it's possible to play Ad Hoc with 2 different regions games? If a player have the japanese version and the other player an European version, is it possible to play together? 

On 12/26/2021 at 4:51 PM, Morghal said:

Hi, 

So you confirm we can have all 3 multi-player trophies by Ad Hoc? Because the trophy guide says we can't

And I have another question, do you know if it's possible to play Ad Hoc with 2 different regions games? If a player have the japanese version and the other player an European version, is it possible to play together? 

I got 2 out of 3 online trophys(15 stages with other players and exchang rep sheets) 、on a japan imported fysical version  that  i bought from ebay、that is played my main、it was not possible to download online pass so the version was offline 、so i got them in offline adhoc mode using with two different accounts

The japan version and eu/usa version dont connect in adhoc、i had to buy 2x japan version、i have read on a website that the eu、usa、asia version connect online and share server 、thats why im wondering if the asia version can connect with eu/usa in adhoc 、its will save me and extra purchase and i will be able to transfer weapons to asia version if it works

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 16/4/2022 at 0:44 PM, Morghal said:

Yes, you have to play with another player. But I confirm the platinum is still obtainable, you have to do the multiplayers trophies in Ad-hoc.

Does it still work with ad-hoc?, online pass is still obtainable?

Edited by Wabo_RockyXD

12 hours ago, Morghal said:

Ad-Hoc can't be shutdown, so yes it still works. No online pass is needed for Ad-Hoc.

I'm quite confused, since on one hand they say that the online trophies of this game can be obtained using ad-hoc, and on the other hand they say that you can't, so how should I do now?

Edited by Wabo_RockyXD