Fallout 3 or New Vegas

ProGamerX56

What do you recommend, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Tempted to go for 3 as it has better reviews but what do you guys recommend.

I thought Fallout 3 was the better game. New Vegas is good but 3 is a lot better. I'm sure you can pick up GOTY version for pretty cheap now.

I'm sure both GOTY versions will be pretty cheap, if you're only after 1 then get 3 but if you have enough for both then get both.

I literally just got finished playing Fallout 3 GOTY edition and I can assure you that it is the better one to get. I had only a few freeze-ups and bugs in my 70+ hours of gameplay. It was well worth the $20 or so that I paid for it. New  Vegas on the other hand....I got it for my Xbox and while I liked the RPG upgrade options better, the dialogue and overall experience felt lazy and quite a bit worse than Fallout 3's.

• 4 weeks later...

Fallout 3 first, easily my favourite game of all time so far. (nothing has matched it yet for me) :) New Vegas is also awesome so i second what everyone else says about getting both. Comparably though Fallout 3 is a much much easier platinum.

As far as Fallout 3 freezes go, it can happen - usually when a save file gets to a certain size. i recommend disabling auto saves and set a regime of saving every 15 mins

Good luck andi hopeyou enjoy whichever title you go with :) 

For a better story and, let's be honest here: Liam Neeson, I'd go with Fallout 3. It's also key to just getting into it all.

Fallout: New Vegas does a good job on enhancing the Fallout 3 experience. Adding new abilities, and adjusting a few issues you may have had with Fallout 3.

Now if it's a matter of the Fallout 3 DLC versus the New Vegas DLC, I'd go Fallout 3 DLC all the way.

• 3 months later...

Have just plat Fallout 3 and about to finish the last DLC.  I also have NV and will be completing that soon.  I would get both and start with 3.  Gets you into the whole experience ready for NV.  Both can freeze but as most people have said, save often.

I thought Fallout 3 was better but be warned that it will freeze a lot. I mean A LOT. It must have froze 10 times just doing the last mission of Broken Steel. Then of course there's all the other freezes that occurred during the base game.

Edited by BhekifaZ