Did modder mess up my mastermind trophy? Should I try anyway?

RustyBacon13

So, in between waiting for my crew to send me an invite in between heist setups, I'm chilling in an open lobby and next thing I knew my cash is going up by the millions, award notifications start popping up and the Decorated trophy pops. 

So, the good. got a million or so in cash (Ok, nice), near unlimited snacks, ammo and armour and a bunch of completed Platinum Awards that triggered the Decorated trophy (to be fair though, I was already was on my way to getting it legit, probably had 23/24 out of 30 at that point). And I grinded for some of those too, cant believe the time I put in just to get the spinning/flipping car ones. Damn.

Now, the BAD. Under the Awards/Heists tab, the Decorated award that counts the Platinums for heist setups and finales says 'Completed'. So does that mean if I get Heist Platinums, its not going to count since the game thinks I've got them done already and wont be tracking them? Id have to track it myself manually too if I were to go for it.

So am I screwed? Anyone else encounter anything like this?

41 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

the next time u start a heist and are waiting for the game to load in, see if your criminal mastermind 2/3/4 stat says "active"

as long as it does, I believe u should be ok

It's not CMM related, It's base game "Mastermind" about 30 Platinum awards.

53 minutes ago, RustyBacon13 said:

So am I screwed?

Your best option is to contact R* support ASAP, they will reset your progress to the point before hacker decided to mess up with your progress.

Edited by PostalDudeRus
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've asked this before but i couldn't get decent answer so I thought I'd try again.

A few months ago while grinding out the MP trophies, a modder gave me cash and auto completed a lot of my awards to max.

One of the awards was the decorated award which tracks the number of platinums achieved across heist setups and finales. (Not to be confused with the Decorated Trophy which which tracks the number of awards overall)

I'm not sure how the game tracks platinums but if its only through the Decorated award then I'm pretty sure its unachievable for me. Anyone know for sure how this is tracked?

Anybody encounter anything like this? Any point in me grinding this out since the Decorated Award already counts as completed?

You can make more than one GTA V character and complete the requirement on another character instead. But on PS3 you only have 4 days left so be quick. Otherwise doesn't this game auto-unlock trophies that were previously earned by you? The PS3 to PS4 transfer auto-popped all the online trophies for most people, unfortunately for me they didn't auto-pop as intended. 

23 hours ago, Sergen said:

You can make more than one GTA V character and complete the requirement on another character instead. But on PS3 you only have 4 days left so be quick. Otherwise doesn't this game auto-unlock trophies that were previously earned by you? The PS3 to PS4 transfer auto-popped all the online trophies for most people, unfortunately for me they didn't auto-pop as intended. 

hahaha dude that's good idea... honestly it never even occurred to me at all to do that... not gonna happen in 3 days though unfortunately ?

Dude! Where were you when I asked this before?!? ??? 

as suggested, do it with another character; rockstar won't reset your ps3 progress or anything like that at this point. four days is enough for 25 platinums in fleeca's heist setup, it's pretty easy with just 1 friend.

• 3 months later...

There is some confusion in this thread.

GTA V has its own in-game achievement system, called awards, which can be bronze, silver, gold, or platinum. You can get platinum level awards for things like winning 50 races, participating in deathmatches, flipping your car, stealing a lot of cars, etc. You need to achieve 30 such platinum awards to trigger the Decorated silver PSN trophy.

In addition, the game awards each crew member in a heist setup or finale a ranking from bronze to platinum. It takes 25 of these to get the Mastermind platinum award, which also gives a silver PSN trophy.

There is no relation between platinums in heists and platinum awards from the various other activities, other than the fact that the Mastermind award is a platinum and as such counts as one of the platinums towards your Decorated trophy.

As such, a modder tripping a bunch of platinum awards for you and getting you the Decorated award cannot have any effect on your Mastermind award and trophy progress. And of course neither Decorated nor Mastermind has anything to do with Criminal Mastermind, so it can't affect progress toward those trophies/awards either.

Edited by ziggurism