FF7 remake DLC coming to PC but not PS4

You

I'm still quite annoyed that the PS4 is never going to get the DLC content for this game (for some reason)

But it feels even more like a kick in the bollocks now that the game has been announced for PC and the Interlude DLC is included in it.

Imagine if you bought this, how pissed off you probably feel.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/PlayStation-FINAL-FANTASY-REMAKE-Pack/dp/B085TTGM2F/ref=pd_sbs_1/355-6852183-7354131?pd_rd_w=oTOnK&pf_rd_p=52ecde5f-22cd-44a8-9320-89e5f2926931&pf_rd_r=Q6TD8BE3FFE0CC0M5BTH&pd_rd_r=5ec7ba73-8da2-4b1a-8229-ea46492dbd49&pd_rd_wg=b65Z9&pd_rd_i=B085TTGM2F&psc=1

It's annoying enough that this remake is going to be decades in the making, but then splitting it up into even more chunks and sidequest DLC and then segmenting it off between platforms.

I mean that seems like a dick move.

At any rate we can certainly say that all these FF7 remake parts are going to be separate adventures and save data between chapters is not going to be transferable.

I watched the reveal event live this week on a live stream when it was announced for PC and the entire chat was just flooded with

" MODS INCOMING!!!! "

which of course basically just means, nudity mods.

• Like 4

It baffles and disappoint me that they gave to PS5 the console exclusive for the DLC, how much Sony could pay for that? Or maybe, like I think, Square Enix did that to sell the main game for the second time on PS5, at full price, to those interested in the DLC. If that's the case, looks like a bad marketing choice, considering that FF7 remake sold well on PS4 and Sony gave it with Playstation Plus, a lot of people could have bought the DLC (including me). Meanwhile, there are not many PS5 around yet and I'm pretty sure a little minority of them bought the remake again with the DLC.

9 hours ago, Marco-Snake- said:

It baffles and disappoint me that they gave to PS5 the console exclusive for the DLC, how much Sony could pay for that? Or maybe, like I think, Square Enix did that to sell the main game for the second time on PS5, at full price, to those interested in the DLC. If that's the case, looks like a bad marketing choice, considering that FF7 remake sold well on PS4 and Sony gave it with Playstation Plus, a lot of people could have bought the DLC (including me). Meanwhile, there are not many PS5 around yet and I'm pretty sure a little minority of them bought the remake again with the DLC.

Well yeah I agree, I mean if you seemingly have to gatekeep the DLC on next gen only. Maybe it is performance related, or maybe it's just they are trying to force you to upgrade.

I mean this is what Apple does, practically goes out of its way to not support their older phones anymore, so you have too (or certainly feel the need) to upgrade. The Terminator game also does this with the DLC on PS5.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It's a real shame for people who bought the 1st Class Edition or deluxe edition. I'd understand the decision more if it were Sony who made FF7, but this is Square. The game is incredible anyway, so I'll probably replay it on PS5 anyway. 

Yeah, like I posted with the version on Amazon earlier. It is annoying that you're just getting part of the game now on PS4.

I can't remember clearly now, but weren't there like 3 versions of the game on release? If you had the "Deluxe" edition then well, it's not very deluxe anymore.

When FF7 remake was first announced I was certainly skeptical about it being "the entire game" and sure enough it was split into parts and was originally supposed to be released 2017 or so to coincide with the 20th anniv of the original game. I was at the very least excepting the game to be in 3 parts and all on PS4 (Like all 3 Final Fantasy 13 games were on PS3)

Well that of course didn't happen, and here we are, the first chapter of presumably 3 and 4 and also ready, part 1.2 is sectioned off for an entire console generation.

Of course which any Final Fantasy VII fan, would be getting a PS4 for this game, because it was an exclusive...

No idea when or if I will get a PS5, but I think for now, I will wait for Part 2 to be announced / about to released before I even bother to look at the DLC when it's on PS6 or whatever.

Or I might just get stuff on PC. Who knows.

But hey, look on the bright side, at least the game is good. I got a PS4 in anticipation for FF7 remake and Shenmue III and well, I'd rather Shenmue III not exist to be honest.