Unable to Purchase NFS:HP from Trial

I am stuck in a loop here. When I attempted to purchase the digital PS3 version from the PS3 store, a message appeared which read "Game trial must be complete before the game can be purchased." No problem; I downloaded the trial version and 60 minutes later the trial version expired. I went back to the PSN store to reattempt purchasing the game, but the same message was displayed: "Game trial must be complete before the game can be purchased." Two options are available: Cancel or Download [again]. When I attempt to download a second time, a new message reads, "This product cannot be purchased at this time." 

After backing out of the store and attempting to purchase the game from the XMB, no Purchase option appears. While attempting to load the game, a message reads "The content has expired and is no longer available (8002951B)". I tried to delete NFS:HP and download it a second time, but when I did, the same message reappeared:  "This product cannot be purchased at this time." Trying to download it on my alt account doesn't work because the alt account doesn't have PS Plus, and the timed trial is only possible with PS Plus.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Is it still possible to purchase this game digitally? I'd rather get a digital copy than a disc, as both physical copies I had received minor scratches that made the disc unplayable on certain races. This nonsense with the PSN store for PS3 is preventing Sony from getting my money, but I don't know if they care enough to fix it.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 2 months later...

Fortunately, I already had the online pass from back in the day. I gave up on digital; instead, I paid for a disc repair service to polish and buff out the scratches out of my NFS: HP PS3 disc. It seems to be working alright most of the time now.

You might be able to find a new copy on Amazon with the online pass intact.

Edited by poetic_justice_