Have you beaten an "Unbeatable Athlete"?

Infernopommes

I can't remember how to unlock them. I have them in the events I played the most, so I think you get them when you have played an event 10 times (since I have one for BMX and didn't do anything else there). Although I also have one in Hammer Throw, even though I played that only the needed amount for the tips. However, I got two Gold medals in that event, so that might unlock them as well.

I saw a video of someone beating the "Unbeatable Athlete" in 100m, but I could never do that (he clocks in at around 8.6s). The Boxing is my favourite event and I went for those Gold medals for the respective trophy, so I also wanted to compete with Craig, the "Unbeatable Athlete" in Boxing. If you have gotten any Gold medal in any event (other than Hammer Throw), you can probably attest to the fact, that the opponent/s on the Finals are tougher to beat than the previous two rounds. The Boxing Finalists were beatable, but gave me a decent challenge - Craig makes them look like tomato cans ... I'm also convinced that the AI cheats, because sometimes my Block or Sidestep simply would not work, even though I timed the button press correctly.

Took me several tries, but I finally got him:

Normally I have a more technical approach, but I couldn't find any other way to beat him than to use volume.

I knew he won the first round 10-8, and that I won the last round 10-8. I had scored the second round 10-9 for me, but you never know with these judges, I got robbed before. I'm really happy about this!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Impressive. How did you do that? I heard some people use a turbo controller for it, which of course would make it not impressive. I think my best time was 8.9 or something like that.

You would beat an UA in theory with that time, yes. But you technically didn't do it. I feel like rounds against UAs are tougher, so no idea if you would manage to get 8.3s in a race against him (if you did it legit).

Edited by Infernopommes

7 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

Impressive. How did you do that? I heard some people use a turbo controller for it, which of course would make it not impressive. I think my best time was 8.9 or something like that.

You would beat an UA in theory with that time, yes. But you technically didn't do it. I feel like rounds against UAs are tougher, so no idea if you would manage to get 8.3s in a race against him (if you did it legit).

No turbo for me!  Used a PS5 controller and some quick fingers!  I definitely think beating the boxing UA would be tougher, so congrats on that!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...