Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lumphy101

Pretty dull

18 posts in this topic

I love LEGO games. I've played through and platinumed on Lego Batman 2, but this game just wasn't working for me. The load times were ridiculous and it feels like a chore to play through on this. Thoughts? Also, they're coming out with Lego The Hobbit in April 2014.

I don't think it's dull, it has voice acting which is not common for lego games, the graphics are really impressive to the predecessors.The collectible collecting charm and humour is still fun and great and I love it.

Edited by faisalc64

I thought it was great, personally loved the open world, It was great looking out to Mount Doom from Minas Tirith. Also to hear that music theme play while exploring Hobbiton was just pure joy. The Loading times were indeed ridiculous though. Gameplay could get repetitive but never bothered me too much.

I always forget about those bugs because how good it is.

i dont think its dull... but i have to admit that the loading times are really annoying.

like already mentioned i totally love the soundtrack of this game and the open world features and all the little details ..

still a lot work to plat it. ;)

I was able to search this topic, read all the responses and it still hasn't loaded my level yet.

I was able to search this topic, read all the responses and it still hasn't loaded my level yet.

HAH!

I preferred this game over Lego Batman 2. I'm not sure why everyone has a problem with the load times, it's not like this is a new thing.

I am not a fan of the LOTR films and haven't read the books but I am enjoying playing this game, the load times are really bad though!

I finished Lego Batman 2 immediately before starting LotR and this game is 100% better than Batman. The load times are a bit much, but the familiar lines from the film (and the soundtrack! my god, the soundtrack) are nice during the cutscenes, and the quests are a bit more involved than the "fly here, break this, get a thing" deal that Batman had going on.

:o How dare you?

Hmm, so, what are we talking about?

Oh, Lego TLOTR, yes, loading times are not the best here, but the experience of playing the whole trilogy with the original voices and soundtrack even with Lego characters was really nice.

Maybe i'm the only only who loved a little detail of the whole game, I really liked to watch the credits rolling after every book/movie. :)

I hope to find the time to platinum the game before 2015 hehe.

Well I played it on the vita so it's probably a little different, but I thought it was ok. Deffinately better then Batman 2. Tho after I got my hands on Lego Marvel I cant think of going back to playing LOTR, compared to that the combat and gameplay is super boring.

i don't remember having load time issues and thought it was fantastical... lego hobbit on the other hand.... just like the movies it's not bad but LOTR is far better.. the hobbit was meh but you still like it...

I love it. Hearing the voices and the music makes me happy and the open world was a nice touch. It's something fun to play in after the story is finished since I left most of it untouched. Harry Potter is the only other Lego game I've played and by the time I have the story finished, most of the castle is explored. So this is a nice bonus for me.

Haven't got Lord of the rings, but I love Lego Games! Indiana Jones 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean are well worth playing!

lego lotr's was really fun to play through, all lego games are really fun imo... the handheld versions are nothin compared to the new open design of the system versions but still they're all fun... really want lego city to come out too but think its a nintendo exclusive for the next year or so... my kids hog it on the wii u and ds, im not allowed to even play on them but from what i've watched it looks brilliant on both lol... its like gta

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I have to say, I have found this game a little dull at times so far. Which is surprising, as I've been a LotR fan since I was 10 years old, and I've enjoyed many of the previous LEGO games.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game at all. It's just... not as good as I thought it was going to be. My favourite franchise so far, the addition of voice acting (something I wished these games had since the start), yet the level design was a bit mechanical for my liking. I think I preferred the games when it was simply a case of swapping between two characters for simple puzzles. I don't even mind the addition of a character selector wheel to include more dudes per level. But something about swapping characters AND needing to dive into that character's ability menu, well sometimes you can have a bit too much game in your game. I just want to hit stuff, collect studs, and have a stressfree gaming session between other games.

I am enjoying the post-game open world clean-up a lot more than the main story campaign itself. The side-quests are cheesy as hell, but roaming around miniature Middle-Earth is pretty chill. I'm just delaying the freeplay repeats of the main levels as they were a bit lifeless first time around.

I think the main stumbling block for me was that I had played the Gamecube Two Towers and RotK games. Those action brawlers based on the movies were damn good games, and obviously there is a huge overlap between those games and this one. Unfortunately, the games from a decade back did pretty much all these scenes in a more realstic and exciting way. Hard to enjoy a new game when you are thinking about how great a digital release of the PS2 classics of past games would be.

I'm only just playing through the story now (up to the last level though), but I've always had issues playing through the story first run through - and I've played 5 or 6 lego games prior to this. I find I get the most enjoyment out of free play and world exploration while collecting everything else. I'm not quite up to that part in this game just yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

One thing I'm not a fan of though, actual voice acting. In some earlier games such as Harry Potter 1 & 2, Batman 1 and Pirates of the Caribbean (these are ones I've played), I thought them to be especially charming as the characters were very limited vocally, only being able to sigh, or make noises to resemble speech. It was quirky, and voice acting took a lot of that away in my opinion! It does give it a more cinematic story to follow though, I'll admit that.

Edited by LukaLaurent