Trek to Yomi (May 5, 2022)

Ghost

As a vow to his dying Master, the young swordsman Hiroki is sworn to protect his town and the people he loves against all threats.

Faced with tragedy and bound to duty, the lone samurai must voyage beyond life and death to confront himself and decide his path forward.

It will release on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One as well as being included in the Games Pass.  

https://flyingwildhog.com/games/trek-to-yomi/

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been eyeing this, not a huge fan of side scrollers although I've played a few. Multiple playthroughs generally make me hesitate as they're usually (not always) tedious. Curious to see the playtime before I check it out.

Edited by Skurkitty

Not usually a fan of multiple playthroughs but it depends on how long the game ends up being and how different the paths are.  I don’t like the “defeat x without taking damage” trophies, especially if you can only fight them once per playthrough.

I’m still excited and cautiously optimistic about the game though.

19 minutes ago, SolidDiablo said:

Not usually a fan of multiple playthroughs but it depends on how long the game ends up being and how different the paths are.  I don’t like the “defeat x without taking damage” trophies, especially if you can only fight them once per playthrough.

I’m still excited and cautiously optimistic about the game though.

From what I've read is that it is a shorter game (want to say they quoted ~5 hrs).  The price of the game seems to reflect this.  As for the without taking damage trophies, it depends on the save system.  Could always resort to uploading/downloading save files to save some time.  

I pre-ordered the game despite my usual reservations for doing so.  Hoping for a great experience, but at $20, it doesn't have to be the best thing out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I wonder what the different modes are all about? 1f914.png

Thats the difficulty. I am not sure about the order but I think there are 4 difficulty modes. Bushido, Kensei, Ronin and one more which I think is easy mode. So basically you have to complete the game on the highest difficulty

EDIT: I found it. The side-scrolling action game has four difficulties, consisting of Kabuki, Bushido, Ronin, and Kensei. A bit strange how the trophy for Ronin is gold and Kensei is silver but thats how it is

Edited by Rammstone

Unfortunately, I can't say anything about it today because of the embargo, but tomorrow I will publish my review (in portuguese) if someone want to read it. I'll post here a video with a no damage on all bosses for reference and some tips to help you guys get the platinum. See you all tomorrow.

Edited by willianmarques
  • Like 2

I don't usually mention subscription services, but this being on Gamepass day one makes me jealous. I mean, Plus has done it in the past, giving away games upon release, but it's become so rare. Even when they did it last with Bugsnax and Oddworld, they had to be dicks about it and only let PS5 owners play them when there are PS4 versions available.

Anyways, I like this list and I'll play it at some point. I do hope you can just die or simply restart the boss battles for the no hit runs.

It's funny reading trophy list comments these days where people don't like difficulty trophies, collectibles, multiple endings, no hit runs, weapon specific....it's like, you want trophies just for playing? Like, just story trophies all the way through? There needs to be SOME challenge, sheesh.

• Like 4

Sounds like minumun 3 playthroughs required for the 3 paths (Fury, Love and Duty) also must play on Hard + Very Hard

28 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I don't usually mention subscription services, but this being on Gamepass day one makes me jealous. I mean, Plus has done it in the past, giving away games upon release, but it's become so rare. Even when they did it last with Bugsnax and Oddworld, they had to be dicks about it and only let PS5 owners play them when there are PS4 versions available.

yeah me too, I was planning buying it on launch until they announced it’s launching on gamepass as well 

Trophy set sounds like a great challenge, and it is awesome. I guess Ronin Mode is a one-life game mode like Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus' Mein Leben or Max Payne 3's NYMHC. It would be a difficult journey if we are unable to save. :hmm:

Edited by zizimonster
fixed some typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Trophy set sounds like a great challenge, and it is awesome. I guess Ronin Mode is a one-life game mode like Wolfenstein: The New Colossus's Mein Leben or Max Payne 3's NYMHC. It would be a difficult journey if we aren't unable to save. :hmm:

I will check back in after the embargo and answer trophy-related questions like this and provide a few helpful tips for those jumping in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I will check back in after the embargo and answer trophy-related questions like this and provide a few helpful tips for those jumping in.

3 hours ago, willianmarques said:

Unfortunately, I can't say anything about it today because of the embargo, but tomorrow I will publish my review (in portuguese) if someone want to read it. I'll post here a video with a no damage on all bosses for reference and some tips to help you guys get the platinum. See you all tomorrow.

Looking forward to your inputs.  Will ultimately decide whether I play this or Sifu first!  Mainly looking for info on how the save system works.  Is it checkpoint based or continuous autosave like a souls game.  Can you resume from the specific spot or start the level over when you jump back in a game.  Need that embargo to lift on a New Zealand midnight, not a US time. lol.

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

Looking forward to your inputs.  Will ultimately decide whether I play this or Sifu first!  Mainly looking for info on how the save system works.  Is it checkpoint based or continuous autosave like a souls game.  Can you resume from the specific spot or start the level over when you jump back in a game.  Need that embargo to lift on a New Zealand midnight, not a US time. lol.

Stay tuned! ?

That said, and this isn't breaking embargo for Trek to Yomi, but Sifu is utterly fantastic. I platinumed it on both PS4 and PS5 and still want more. What a game. Regardless on what I will say about Trek to Yomi, Sifu is definitely worth playing.

• Like 1