Why did they have to make the whole game require an online server?

Jinxcendant-XIII

1 minute ago, POEman553 said:

Why would you want you that? The only people that would play it constantly are the trash gatekeepers/tryhards that everyone encountered when they were going for the Platinum. Let it stay dead, maybe those people can play other games now.

Mainly because I didn't get the chance to play it due to misinformation regarding glitches, so I would like to have a go at it but oh well

They could have just made the online multiplayer connect to the server and they should have created a local multiplayer mode as well, that way if it went down we could still play local multiplayer and the game wouldn't have been totally useless, sorry to keep going on about it but I'm still annoyed that I didn't know about the closure but I'll get over it eventually ??  

35 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

It's not he first game to suffer from poor decision making in this regard, and it won't be the last.

Still bummed Battleborn is toast for a similar reason, although I'm probably in the minority on that opinion.

There's quite a few games recently that will have this problem: Godfall, Worms Rumble, Rocket Arena, and Knockout City. Better get those Platinums while you can.

On 11/12/2021 at 8:38 AM, POEman553 said:

Why would you want you that? The only people that would play it constantly are the trash gatekeepers/tryhards that everyone encountered when they were going for the Platinum. Let it stay dead, maybe those regulars can play other games now.

Agreed and a couple of those regular tryhards I've seen in other server closures before purposely trying to antagonize people going for trophies. Honestly I don't wish to see peeps like them again.

48 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

It's not he first game to suffer from poor decision making in this regard, and it won't be the last.

Still bummed Battleborn is toast for a similar reason, although I'm probably in the minority on that opinion.

Honestly Battleborn was a great game released at the wrong time. I'm personally still upset that the main OW crowd bashed it for all it's differences but then praised the stuff announced in OW2 which will bring closer in line to what Battleborn was...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

There's quite a few games recently that will have this problem: Godfall, Worms Rumble, Rocket Arena, and Knockout City. Better get those Platinums while you can.

Honestly alot of these games probably would've did better if they were free to play permanently and I say this because the issues with most of those games listed is they are set and done when all is said. They don't have any real upgrades or big changes its the same weapons, the same gameplay and trying to charge something that repetitive with no real sense of value is a hard sale. Once people buy a game like those it's harder to ask them to buy MTX after in them to continue to support them because they might not have gotten that feeling of worth in the beginning.

Okay I just need to share this to make me feel better, having just watched various gameplays of this game on YouTube I've come to the realisation this game didn't look that great and turns out that It wouldn't have been a game that I would have enjoyed very much if at all, the vehicles looked clunky and hard to control = frustration, the arenas looked dull and basic = boredom, the weapons looked to take ages destroying an enemy = tedious, 

also the game looked very heavily battle based like call of duty but with vehicles and that's not really my thing, don't get me wrong I enjoy racing games with battle elements like Blazerush for example, I probably would have still given it a go as I had it, but am I still down, depressed and disappointed about the servers going down? not anymore as the game wasn't what I expected it to be.

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Okay I just need to share this to make me feel better, having just watched various gameplays of this game on YouTube I've come to the realisation this game didn't look that great and turns out that It wouldn't have been a game that I would have enjoyed very much if at all, the vehicles looked clunky and hard to control = frustration, the arenas looked dull and basic = boredom, the weapons looked to take ages destroying an enemy, 

also the game looked very heavily battle based like call of duty but with vehicles and that's not really my thing, don't get me wrong I enjoy racing games with battle elements like Blazerush for example, I probably would have still given it a go as I had it, but am I still down, depressed and disappointed about the servers going down? not anymore as the game wasn't what I expected it to be.

Dude, the game was ass. Sure, it's a shame that online only games go down, but in this case, the game will not be missed except by the tryhards that have 1000's of hours in the game for some reason. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 14.12.2021 at 4:49 PM, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Okay I just need to share this to make me feel better, having just watched various gameplays of this game on YouTube I've come to the realisation this game didn't look that great and turns out that It wouldn't have been a game that I would have enjoyed very much if at all, the vehicles looked clunky and hard to control = frustration, the arenas looked dull and basic = boredom, the weapons looked to take ages destroying an enemy = tedious, 

I had a blast back in the day when it was released. I'd definately play something similar again. My 5 cent worth opinion. 

Edited by manotelikas