Which Ending Did You Choose? (Possible Spoilers)

Duffcar

Which ME3 Ending Did You Choose?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which ending did you choose?

Hey I just finished the Mass Effect Trilogy with a character. I ended up choosing the Synthesis ending to finish off the series which I felt was a nice way to end my time with the series, I had over 4000 EMS so from what I hear my ending may be slightly different to that of someone who chose synthesis with less than 4000 EMS. 

I was just curious as to which choice other users of this site went with.

The pretty blue one! Haha

Seriusly though, wasn't a big fan of the "multiple choice" justifications of endings though seeing as they were highly similar just literally with different colors... Even though I did like the overall ending cinematic (while imagining not having to choose between 3 colors)

Edited by BlindMango

Nice to see Refusal getting no love!

Bioware backing down to those internet lunatics that were pestering them and bullying thier staff on forums, calling for changes to THIER game ending, out of nothing more than a missplaced sense of entitlement was one of the saddest days in gaming history.

"We deserve a different ending cause.... you know..... we play your games and 'support' you" blah blah blah.

FUUUUUCK THEM.

I was sad at the end of Bladerunner. I didn't write to Ridley Scott and ask for a happy ending just cause I bought the damn dvd!

• Like 2

For my cannon Shepard I went with the destroy ending for a happily ever after. For the renegade Shepard I choose the control. And when I have Thane as a love interest, I did the synthsis which seems fitting (especially after the Extended Cut and Citadel dlc). I probably won't ever choose the refusal ending, because I'd hate to spend so much time in ME1,2 & 3 only to let it end in a failure. However I did watch the refusal on Youtube.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I chose control

Nice to see Refusal getting no love!

Bioware backing down to those internet lunatics that were pestering them and bullying thier staff on forums, calling for changes to THIER game ending, out of nothing more than a missplaced sense of entitlement was one of the saddest days in gaming history.

"We deserve a different ending cause.... you know..... we play your games and 'support' you" blah blah blah.

FUUUUUCK THEM.

I was sad at the end of Bladerunner. I didn't write to Ridley Scott and ask for a happy ending just cause I bought the damn dvd!

I didn't like the ending very much but I agree they shouldn't have changed it just because people didn't like it.

They should have  stayed loyal to their decisions

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised so many people chose Destroy (which is what I chose, too) considering Destroy is the Renegade choice. I've witnessed all four endings with the highest military strength, but I almost always choose Destroy from here on out since that's what you set out to accomplish from the start of the trilogy.

• 3 months later...

SPOILER ALERT, don't read if you haven't played the trilogy:

I chose destroy simply because that's what Shepard was pursuing all along since the beginning of the story, with Saren and Sovereign.

None of the endings is 100% perfect, which I hated.

Controlling means Shepard dies physically (and it looks like she/he turns into a husk while the scene plays), and uses the Reapers according to her/his personality (Paragon or Renegade);

Refusing is meaningless;

Synthesis... well, I didn't find it perfect because, again, Shepard ceases to exist, and all other organics of all species become partly synthetic. That's what happened to Saren, so that ending is not an option for me;

Destroy means Shepard gets to live (depending of our Galactic readiness), but EDI and the Geth die. I don't care much about the Geth. They're crazy and attack other species just because their program was corrupted ? (even though I believe corrupted Geth are their "husk" form, I still don't agree with them). The only one I like is Legion. I just didn't like this ending completely because we don't see Shepard being rescued, meeting up with her/his friends again and living a normal life, and I didn't like the fact that EDI dies, as she was beginning to show traces of humanity (including, and specially, compassion;understanding;benevolence).

I actually have a question on that, and I didn't want to open a new thread just because of it. Well, ok, EDI dies, but that doesn't mean she can't be reactivated or rebuilt, right ? I don't know if Mass Effect has anything official post-story (from the games onwards), but I don't think choosing the DESTROY ending means all knowledge would be erased or forgotten. People wouldn't unlearn how to build machines, right ? If Mass Effect has an "expanded universe" like STAR WARS has, or if anyone would know if EDI could be okay after that ending, please, do tell. Thanks in advance.

I just can't choose synthesis, even though it looks like it is the perfect ending, but the way I see it, choosing DESTROY means Shepard lives and EDI can be reactivated/rebuilt (even if only in our imaginations), as for Synthesis, Shepard dies and all organics turn into Saren or lose their identity as living beings.

Edited by StephyMV

I actually have a question on that, and I didn't want to open a new thread just because of it. Well, ok, EDI dies, but that doesn't mean she can't be reactivated or rebuilt, right ? I don't know if Mass Effect has anything official post-story (from the games onwards), but I don't think choosing the DESTROY ending means all knowledge would be erased or forgotten. People wouldn't unlearn how to build machines, right ? If Mass Effect has an "expanded universe" like STAR WARS has, or if anyone would know if EDI could be okay after that ending, please, do tell. Thanks in advance.

The Destroy ending means all synthetic life dies. Wich means the Geth, EDI and all other A.I. dies. People dont unlearn how to build the machines, the starchild actually says that synthethics can be be built again. But EDI is pretty much dead. You can see her name on the memorial wall if you pick the Destroy ending.

I chose Destroy since that ending made the most sense.

Its the only ending that made sense, Control is throw because is the easy option to avoid unless you are delusional enough to think they gonna let you control them (illusive man) Synthesis is exactly what the Reapers want and is how they made all the reapers including the human one (Saren choice) and Destroy is the only "good" option, it's your goal from the very first time you realize their plans and the only sure way to end all of this (Anderson choice)

I really love the fact that they make you doubt your decision, and a lot of people choose Synthesis like if is the Paragon choice even if at that point you are beyond that, is about the best for the majority of the survivors.

Why after all that happened would you risks to have Reapers around?

• Like 1