Which Ending Did You Choose? (Possible Spoilers)

Duffcar

Which ME3 Ending Did You Choose?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which ending did you choose?

The Destroy ending means all synthetic life dies. Wich means the Geth, EDI and all other A.I. dies. People dont unlearn how to build the machines, the starchild actually says that synthethics can be be built again. But EDI is pretty much dead. You can see her name on the memorial wall if you pick the Destroy ending.

Agreed, she dies in the ending. I just don't think she can't be reactivated or rebuilt later on. The ending never implied sentient beings would lose knowledge, so I'm sure EDI will be fine. The Normandy still works after some repairs, and EDI was (taking a wild guess here) 80% in the Normandy and 20% in that robot's body. Maybe her name in the board just means that the robot is inactive, temporarily. I like to imagine she'll be ok, and that she won't resent Shepard.

Agreed, she dies in the ending. I just don't think she can't be reactivated or rebuilt later on. The ending never implied sentient beings would lose knowledge, so I'm sure EDI will be fine. The Normandy still works after some repairs, and EDI was (taking a wild guess here) 80% in the Normandy and 20% in that robot's body. Maybe her name in the board just means that the robot is inactive, temporarily. I like to imagine she'll be ok, and that she won't resent Shepard.

No, she's dead. Like in, deleted or destroyed. The people in the Galaxy can still build machines, the starchild stated that. But EDI is an A.I. It will be hard to recreate her entire personality. But it doesn't even matter. Mass Effect 3's ending is pure total shit anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

Its the only ending that made sense, Control is throw because is the easy option to avoid unless you are delusional enough to think they gonna let you control them (illusive man) Synthesis is exactly what the Reapers want and is how they made all the reapers including the human one (Saren choice) and Destroy is the only "good" option, it's your goal from the very first time you realize their plans and the only sure way to end all of this (Anderson choice)

I really love the fact that they make you doubt your decision, and a lot of people choose Synthesis like if is the Paragon choice even if at that point you are beyond that, is about the best for the majority of the survivors.

Why after all that happened would you risks to have Reapers around?

I sincerely love your comment ! Well said

Great picture too, love that movie, got it on bluray :)

• Like 1

I'm surprised so many people chose Destroy (which is what I chose, too) considering Destroy is the Renegade choice. I've witnessed all four endings with the highest military strength, but I almost always choose Destroy from here on out since that's what you set out to accomplish from the start of the trilogy.

You're absolutely right but I think that's because Bioware wanted us to choose Synthesis ending as it seems to be their favorite ending

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Synthesis. Was the only way to save life in the long term. As the catalyst said if you just destroy the reapers(and all synthetic life) eventually organics will create new synthetic life which will eventually wipe out organics.

But man what a ride. What a trilogy.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just did refusal the other day cause it was the only one I hadn't seen yet (I already platted the trilogy in another account). Not only it sucked, the trophies for finishing the game and finishing it with a ME2 import glitched and didn't pop.

So yeah, stick to the canon please. 

In my "canon" playthrough, I chose Destroy.

The one where Shepard lives!

Actually, I didn't originally pick this.  First time through I picked one of the others for a couple reasons, including that I hadn't played the MP in a while so my GR was at 50% of whatever points I had (I did everything I could in my playthrough, just can't remember the total off-hand).  After getting the plat I played some MP then replayed the ending and picked Destroy, I think, and Shep was still breathing in the rubble.  I'm so annoyed that the devs did this and then glazed over it.  Shep is technically alive, if you 'did everything right', and it's weird to me that even the devs pretend like it never happened.  I guess they just didn't want to worry about him in any potential sequels, kinda like Ubisoft:

killing Desmond in AC3

Kinda lame, but whatevs...

Edited by Matto_lsi

• 6 months later...

I know this is a bit old but I've just played the ME3 game for the first time and I'm still suffering the depression from the control ending I chose by mistake. I loved the idea of the synthesis plot end though but only as an additional ending.

Everything sucks now. Especially life.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread again but i want to share my ending, the Synthesis one which i chose in my first playthrough.

i think that is the best option of all 4 ending, it's not like the Reaper's indoctrination, everyone is connected yet their personality still remains, the Reapers are now allies and they will help rebuilding the civilitations even with further knowledge. Also finally, the cycle of descruction comes to an end, the created will not go any more against the creators.

I don't like the destroy ending because this means that the cycle is going to repeat itself again and again, like the prothean beacon said in Thessia. yes, Shepard will survive in this ending but it's a merely consolation knowing that in the future the same galactic war will happen. the reapers were "robots" built by the leviathan's kind and they turned agaist their creators, so choosing the destroy ending will lead to another time when the created will exterminate the creators like the previous cycle, it's a neverending mess !

Spoiler

is my english good? i hope so :D:P 

Edited by pieroV_86

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I played full paragon through all 3 games so Synthesis made the most sense to me. It meant all races gain an understanding of each other which creates galactic peace. And it also ends the cycle of extinction which is what Shephard wanted.

I'm surprised so many chose Destroy with the reason being "it's what the main goal was throughout the 3 games". Yes, the initial goal is to destroy them and end the war but over the course of the 3 games you learn so much about other races, you become more compassionate towards other races and you grow as a character (providing you play Paragon of course) so picking the Destroy ending and saying it's what you set out to do in the first place kind of throws away 3 games worth of character development for a paragon Shephard.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the series and whilst I'm very late to the party, I'm so glad I got to experience these wonderful games.

• Like 1

I subscribe to the indoctrination theory, so I believe most of the ending after the beam blast during the final assault is the Reapers trying to trick you. Isn't it interesting that the whole game the renegade prompts are on the left side of the screen and the paragon prompts are on the right side? But in the final choice, the left side choice (control) is colored paragon blue and the right side choice (destroy) is colored renegade red; the opposite orientation. Anderson (someone you would deem good) is also shown as picking destroy and the Illusive Man (someone you would deem as not good) is shown as picking control. Rewriting every creature's genetic structure in the galaxy without their consent in the Synthesis ending (which as you may remember, synthesis was Saren's goal in ME1) doesn't seem very paragon to me.

So given that, the only choice is Destroy (be free of indoctrination), the other two are a trap.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1