Physical copies don’t have free PS5 Upgrade

13 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Asking for an upgrade for this disastrous remaster is kinda ironic. "WE NOW HAVING THIS FUGLY AF CHARACTER MODELS. UPGRADE TO SEE FUGLY IN NATIVE 4K"

Yeah the graphics aren't great, for me though it's more how disingenuous it feels - they haven't been very clear with this situation, and then hide the answer behind a reps reply to an email. Why not just state it on their website beforehand?

2 hours ago, Nuzzgok said:

Just seen this on twitter actually, so I think it's game over:

https://twitter.com/UrbanBackflip/status/1471456019310071809

Oh the Almighty has fallen. Rockstar have truly become a satire of themselves, just like GTA and its satire of American culture.

I waited for the physical release of the “definitive” trilogy. Not only it was released as a buggy rushed mess on digital, a disgrace of the original trilogy, now they get out the physical edition with this launch’s state out of the box, which completely nulls the point of having this trilogy and preserve it once PSN ultimately shuts down. I see no point of getting it unless a reprinting happens with all the fixes.

Rockstar were known for quality: GTA 4 and 5, and Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 were a statement of their quality, while at the same time they slowly have been corrupted by Take-Two and turned very greedy and anti-costumer: The incitement to spend on shardcards for GTA Online, the Gold Bars’ terrible economy at Red Dead Online’s launch and was on “beta” state, the re-re-release of GTA V and no free upgrade given to PS4 owners, giving a middle finger to modders, and now this “definitive” trilogy.

In this “AAA” game industry, once again, and I’ll be among millions to say: Do not pre-order and wait for reviews and players’ impression before deciding if you want to get a game or not.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

I just hope it's not another shady situation where Xbox has paid to delay or stop the upgrade on Sony's platform (it's happened a few times).

Interesting, with which games?

Edited by hore

5 hours ago, hore said:

Interesting, with which games?

I can only remember Yakuza 7. The PS5 version released something like half a year after the Xbox Series X version, which launched on the same day as the PS4/Xbox One/PC version. Literally only the PS5 version came afterwards.

I know the odds of Rockstar giving a single shit are astronomical, but I messaged support yesterday basically telling them this is unacceptable and asked what they planned to do to fix this for those gamers that were ripped off by the physical version. Might be a long shot but if enough of us make some noise on their support channels and with Sony, their hand might be forced. It’s just not right that the Xbox Digital/Physical versions AND PlayStation Digital versions come with cross-gen support but those that bought the disc to add to their physical collection are left out of the PS5 version. 

I don’t normally go around expecting ‘free stuff’ but in this case it’s be nice to have both versions. I would have bought a PS5 disc if it was available but Rockstar didn’t even bother printing those copies. Just definitely doesn’t sit right with me when basically every other cross-gen game out there has a free or HEAVILY discounted upgrade… meanwhile Rockstar and Take Two continue to do what they do best by having zero consideration for their fans whatsoever.

I know I’m the idiot for even buying it in the first place and don’t have much room to complain since I did this to myself, but c’mon Rockstar… just try to do the decent thing for your fans for once… you know, the people that are literally the reason you still exist today in the first place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoagie324 said:

I know the odds of Rockstar giving a single shit are astronomical, but I messaged support yesterday basically telling them this is unacceptable and asked what they planned to do to fix this for those gamers that were ripped off by the physical version. Might be a long shot but if enough of us make some noise on their support channels and with Sony, their hand might be forced. It’s just not right that the Xbox Digital/Physical versions AND PlayStation Digital versions come with cross-gen support but those that bought the disc to add to their physical collection are left out of the PS5 version. 

I don’t normally go around expecting ‘free stuff’ but in this case it’s be nice to have both versions. I would have bought a PS5 disc if it was available but Rockstar didn’t even bother printing those copies. Just definitely doesn’t sit right with me when basically every other cross-gen game out there has a free or HEAVILY discounted upgrade… meanwhile Rockstar and Take Two continue to do what they do best by having zero consideration for their fans whatsoever.

I know I’m the idiot for even buying it in the first place and don’t have much room to complain since I did this to myself, but c’mon Rockstar… just try to do the decent thing for your fans for once… you know, the people that are literally the reason you still exist today in the first place.

You are right. I have sent them three support requests already regarding this absurd situation, but their answers are not helpful at all. To be honest, it feels like a bot is the one who replies to every single one of my complaints, using some preset texts. Anyway, for now, what they have told me is that CURRENTLY they do not offer such a free upgrade. Not a single word about a possible intention to change this situation in the future.

I really think that we have only one solution to get this free upgrade. Every single person should contact them and request it. It's outrageous that XBox S/X users do get such a free upgrade, but PS5 users do not.

Here is their complete answer to my last request:

We understand your concern regarding the physical disc version of GTA: Trilogy on the PS4. There is currently no option to upgrade to the PS5 version as such, but you are able to play the game on your PS5 using the same disc purchased for the PS4. We always like hearing from our fans. We appreciate that you took the time to write in to us and share your thoughts. Although we cannot guarantee a response, we review submissions and appreciate your feedback regarding our products.

Edited by TBoy_Ro
  • Like 1

Alright, so kind of figured it would go this way. Got the typical response from Rockstar about backwards compatibility, blah blah blah. I’m not having it as I have seriously had my fill of the company’s greed. I took screenshots of the conversation so far and I’m planning on forwarding Rockstar’s lack of a response to as many gaming news outlets as I’m able to that haven’t yet reported on PS5 physical users being forgotten entirely.

I really don’t know if anything will come from this, but I feel like I have to try. It’s very clear that Rockstar has no intention of doing the right thing for their customers anymore, as long as they can take their money and run with it. I’m sad that one of the old greats has become whatever it can currently be considered. RIP Rockstar ?

If anyone is interested I’ll upload the screenshots here in a few, even if just for some entertainment from a grumpy gamer  ?hcHsMME.jpg

LDS9h0F.jpg

dJC3cQy.jpg

68dGpev.jpg

Edited by Hoagie324
Added chat screenshots
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

After so many years of trusting game companies it completely changed the last couple of years.

many once great companies let customers down and became just like every other profit organisation.

the more famous gaming becomes the more griefing there is and its so obvious with these big companies nowadays. It's a shame for the gaming industry.

It's a shame for every one of us that grew up with gaming many years ago and still live this hobby to get backstabbed and stolen from.

and now, even R* became such money griefing monster, blame it on the impact of GTA:V and Online.

they once had my blind trust and I loved everything they did... farewell old friend.

Still, the PS5 retail version is not even on the market, after all the triology messed up, it won't stop failing every aspect of it's release.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 04/07/2022 at 11:20 PM, Citizenofpanem1 said:

Is there any update on this?  Am I correct in thinking that the physical copy still cannot be upgraded for a PS5 version?

I don't think so..

since the launch I'm waiting for a physical PS5 edition or an upgrade for the physical ps4 version because I like buying physical games but take2/rockstar doesn't care..

• Like 2