Physical copies don’t have free PS5 Upgrade

Just now, RealTeeKevin said:

As expected PlayStation support says it’s on rockstars end..

Support told me the upgrade should become available tomorrow at the official launch.

Can someone who already has a physical copy confirm that tomorrow?

If it's true it's a pain as I gave in and started the PS4 version... I have to say it runs at a solid 60fps this way, I've heard the native PS5 version is atrocious

7 minutes ago, Nuzzgok said:

If it's true it's a pain as I gave in and started the PS4 version... I have to say it runs at a solid 60fps this way, I've heard the native PS5 version is atrocious

can you check it tomorrow and update us?

the ps5 version has an separate trophy list and should run at 60fps and native 4K 

The PS5 version is 1800p 60fps, but the framerate is pretty poor in III and VC. SA hits 60fps most of the time, but can drop to 50fps. III and VC are all over the place. Anywhere from 30fps to 60fps, depending on what's happening on screen.

Hopefully the PS5 upgrade works tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RealTeeKevin said:

And the PS4 version?

1080p 60fps on PS5. Framerate is stable on PS5. Dynamic resolution though, so it will drop to 900p on PS4 Pro. Framerate is also pretty bad on PS4 Pro (average 40fps or so).

Edited by Asimb0mb

I just got the call that I could pick up my preorder, but I will wait until tomorrow..

so please everybody who has already a physical copy try it tomorrow and tell us.

maybe it becomes available at 0:00 or maybe until morning but If it’s not available around 12:00 than there’s something wrong or we miss out in the upgrade..

19 hours ago, RealTeeKevin said:

I just got the call that I could pick up my preorder, but I will wait until tomorrow..

so please everybody who has already a physical copy try it tomorrow and tell us.

maybe it becomes available at 0:00 or maybe until morning but If it’s not available around 12:00 than there’s something wrong or we miss out in the upgrade..

There's still nothing yet, it's quite early in the US so I'll check again this afternoon

Wow, if this is true then I'm even more glad that I cancelled my pre-order. Having no physical PS5 version was a terrible move by itself, but no free upgrade for the physical PS4 version on top of that? FUCK Rockstar. What an absolute shambles this entire trilogy has been. 

• Like 1

I've emailed my PR rep at Rockstar to see if it's an error or if the PS4 physical version doesn't have an upgrade. It's strange to see that Xbox has the upgrade but PlayStation doesn't - I just hope it's not another shady situation where Xbox has paid to delay or stop the upgrade on Sony's platform (it's happened a few times).

I'll let you know when she replies :)

• Like 1