Do I Need to Buy Cloudy Climb Adventure Pass?

sepheroithisgod

For fuck sake... I'm already starting to regret ever starting Minecraft Dungeons...

This is going to be the same BS as with the normal Minecraft game... never being able to 100% the game for long. ?

(Don't get me wrong... kudo's to them for supporting a game for so long... a lot of developers could take an example to that...)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DivineAlice said:

I'm glad they're not charging even more for a game that's already burnt me out with stupid rng requirement s I just wish they'd stop adding to games that have already outlived their usefulness

Judging by the fact that they call this DLC "Season 1"
I think we can expect many, many, many more season DLC's like this.

Another tower every Season and where you have to get season ranks. *sigh*

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Judging by the fact that they call this DLC "Season 1"
I think we can expect many, many, many more season DLC's like this.

Another tower every Season and where you have to get season ranks. *sigh*

Fortunately Warframe taught us that there's a limit to the number of DLC trophies a PS4 game can have. So we're looking at 20 seasons, tops.

On a serious note, I share your concerns. I'll probably try to get the trophies that appear/may be tied to a specific season but I don't know much about this DLC yet.

16 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Fortunately Warframe taught us that there's a limit to the number of DLC trophies a PS4 game can have. So we're looking at 20 seasons, tops.

On a serious note, I share your concerns. I'll probably try to get the trophies that appear/may be tied to a specific season but I don't know much about this DLC yet.

If I'm correct, for the golden gauntlet trophy...
You need the golden parrot for that one... and for now, I only see that as an reward for reaching season rank 45...

That is going to be a lot of mindless grinding.

I would even say more than the entire base game and all the DLC combined up to this point.

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

If I'm correct, for the golden gauntlet trophy...
You need the golden parrot for that one... and for now, I only see that as an reward for reaching season rank 45...

That is going to be a lot of mindless grinding.

I would even say more than the entire base game and all the DLC combined up to this point.

Ugh, thanks for the heads up. I regret starting this game. I originally bought it to play with my kids but they got bored of it loooong ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

There's nothing stopping the devs from adding a secondary DLC list like they did for Minecraft proper.

True,

But as long as you don't get a trophy from that list, you can basically choose to ignore it and keep it out of your trophy list.

Kinda the same what I did for Minecraft proper.

Got all the trophies from the base list, and never going to start that game up again, so no secondary lists ?

And, I have the feeling the same thing is going to happen for Dungeons.

• Like 2

Ill write the guide but im not going to like it.

So far its extremely unbalanced and i dare say you will need at least 1 co op partner to finish the tower on apocalypse difficulty. Furthermore I died on floor 21/30 and i barely past the halfway mark for the battlepass FIRST level.

This is going to suck.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

So far its extremely unbalanced and i dare say you will need at least 1 co op partner to finish the tower on apocalypse difficulty. Furthermore I died on floor 21/30 and i barely past the halfway mark for the battlepass FIRST level.

This is going to suck.

I solod it today I used dual swords with radiance golem to take hits for you explosive bow is a must for round 22 I think for the big guys with shields or they gang and kill you and damage reduction / chance to block make the armory legendary also be careful I was running it and the end DLC has a map where rocks fall I got insta wiped losing a life to the falling rocks 

Edited by DivineAlice
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Pretty sure Warframe wasn't the first.

3 hours ago, DivineAlice said:

I solod it today I used dual swords with radiance golem to take hits for you explosive bow is a must for round 22 I think for the big guys with shields or they gang and kill you and damage reduction / chance to block make the armory legendary also be careful I was running it and the end DLC has a map where rocks fall I got insta wiped losing a life to the falling rocks 

Yeah, room 22 seems to be the worst according to what I'm experiencing myself and see on YT.

Room 1 --> 21... if you take your time, let your pets take most of the damage and play it safe with your health on the boss rounds (and have patience on them), then you shouldn't need to die during those rounds.

Round 22 though, that is such a difficulty spike... more difficult than what I have experiences thus far in the game, and also where my run keeps on ending.

Having some reflect on my armor, and Explosive arrows might work to keep the enemies at bay, yes.

I'll try that tonight when I have some time... Thanks for the advice :)

9 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

This is going to suck.

4 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

yeah I keep dying at 22-25. running on apoc though to test if we get stacking

I just did it today and can confirm it stacks.

Also, this YT video helped a lot with what gear works best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Since their adding seasons, are these trophies time limited in any then?

Nobody knows for sure at this point, but I'd say the answer is leaning yes. For example, there are two trophies that require a certain "seasonal adventure rank." It doesn't specify season 1, so presumably you can do it in later seasons. But what if the seasons end entirely?

Similarly, one of the trophies requires a "golden parrot companion." Currently this seems to be a seasonal reward, not sure if it'll be possible to get one after season 1.

In my opinion this is a shitty move for a game I was already ambivalent about. New content is great, but don't introduce a bunch of difficult, time-limited, very grindy trophies way after the game was released. Never again for me, Mojang.

EDIT: Looks like there's credible information to the contrary, see the post below mine.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Nobody knows for sure at this point, but I'd say the answer is leaning yes. For example, there are two trophies that require a certain "seasonal adventure rank." It doesn't specify season 1, so presumably you can do it in later seasons. But what if the seasons end entirely?

The answer is no, none of these trophies are missable, the devs stated on twitter that when a season finishes you will be able to go back and earn all the rewards, meaning nothing will be missable. Also the tower is only staying the same for 3 weeks then it changes, this has it's ups and downs but writing a guide is useless as it will not help with completing the tower on each time. The items and artefacts are not RNG so that's a plus for the trophy hunters I guess. I don't know how frequently  these seasons will change but I think they will last longer then 3 weeks as making the rewards takes time. My problem is that the rewards are pretty stupid and useless. You don't get anything interesting when you complete the tower so it's best to leave it as last. Overall pretty stupid DLC even if it's free, I hope they fix the ranking system soon

• Like 1

Jesus, I cannot describe how much I hate this DLC Pack.

The others were mostly fine and "relatively" enjoyable.

But boy the Tower on Apocalypse Difficulty annoyed me so much (Thank god you can Savescum it via USB or PS+).

And don't get me started on the tedious Battle/Adventure Pass and the need to get to Rank 45.

This is just painful.

1 hour ago, qREX135 said:

The answer is no, none of these trophies are missable, the devs stated on twitter that when a season finishes you will be able to go back and earn all the rewards, meaning nothing will be missable. Also the tower is only staying the same for 3 weeks then it changes, this has it's ups and downs but writing a guide is useless as it will not help with completing the tower on each time. The items and artefacts are not RNG so that's a plus for the trophy hunters I guess. I don't know how frequently  these seasons will change but I think they will last longer then 3 weeks as making the rewards takes time. My problem is that the rewards are pretty stupid and useless. You don't get anything interesting when you complete the tower so it's best to leave it as last. Overall pretty stupid DLC even if it's free, I hope they fix the ranking system soon

Oh nice, good to know. Thanks for posting! I'm still mildly annoyed, but this makes me feel OK about leaving it on the back burner so I'll take it.

20 minutes ago, Bya-Kuchiki said:

Jesus, I cannot describe how much I hate this DLC Pack.

The others were mostly fine and "relatively" enjoyable.

But boy the Tower on Apocalypse Difficulty annoyed me so much (Thank god you can Savescum it via USB or PS+).

And don't get me started on the tedious Battle/Adventure Pass and the need to get to Rank 45.

This is just painful.

Shit, I didn't even think about the USB back up... that would have saved me a couple tries.

Oh, well...

Seems that Adventure Tower is for now the fastest way to level up to rank 45.

Probably not going to do that though... Just gonna pop in once a week to do the challenges. Already dreadful enough