Don't Starve Vita

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/klei-looking-at-porting-don-t-starve-to-playstation-vita/1100-6416932/

2413574-4275023062-ps4-g.jpg

Responding to a fan on Twitter, last week Klei Entertainment said that it's looking to see if a PlayStation version of its game, Don't Starve, would be possible on PlayStation Vita.

"We're focusing on getting PS4 out first," Klei said, "but we think it [PlayStation Vita version of Don't Starve] would be neat too! We're looking at if it's possible to do. Maybe?"

Don't Starve is a brutally difficult survival simulator presented in the beautiful 2D art style Klei Entertainment established with previous games like Mark of The Ninja and Shank.

PlayStation 4 owners who also subscribe to PlayStation Plus will be able to download that version of Don't Starve in North America on Jan. 7, and in Europe on Jan 8.

I'd rather some non-indie games (like an exclusive Ratchet & Clank, Sly, Jak, or God of War) come to the Vita, but this is better than nothing I guess.  It's kind of irritating how little support the Vita is getting for games that aren't just ports.

• Like 1

Vita had an awesome launch and I remember my bosses at the time telling me that there were tons of games on the horizon. When Vita was completely ignored at E3 I asked about it and they told me to be patient (because games like COD and AC were coming out for it). Well that was almost a year ago and since then only Tearaway has come out. I still love my vita but they really need to get their heads out of the asses and get some games out.

And stop making everything exclusive to Japan.

Posts like these are what makes me draw the rather unfortunate comparison to the Saturn.  That thing had a ton of gems that never came stateside.

Also, both had a launch outside of the holiday season.  Think about it.  The Vita had an actual holiday launch in Japan, but I still think it's ridiculous how it came out in like March here.  

Not to say the Vita will end up like the Saturn did...at least, I hope not.

Edited by Sonic
  • Like 1

Posts like these are what makes me draw the rather unfortunate comparison to the Saturn.  That thing had a ton of gems that never came stateside.

Also, both had a launch outside of the holiday season.  Think about it.  The Vita had an actual holiday launch in Japan, but I still think it's ridiculous how it came out in like March here.  

Not to say the Vita will end up like the Saturn did...at least, I hope not.

No releasing after Christmas made total sense because...well at least Playstation didn't bother putting up displays/demo units before Christmas to take sales away from the 3ds...well at least Playstation Canada waited until after the system launched to send out all promotional material...OK my bosses were fucking morons who didn't know how to launch the system :P

I'M NOT BITTER :shakefist:

On the bright side I was still able to come up with some pretty cool displays (despite putting up Twisted Metal displays a week earlier and having to rip all those down to make room for Vita)

gst4.jpg