It’s here! Shadow of the Colossus-like with survival (Game Thoughts)

NMErickson

38 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That. Looks. Fucking. Rad!

Seems like Shadow of the Colossus, set in Rise of the Tomb Raider, with Aloy as the protagonist!

perfectly described

I am an absolute SotC fan so I would gladly play this game

I'm still annoyed this is called Praey For the Gods and not Prey/Pray for the Gods because Bethesda are morons.

Been looking forward to the PS4 version, but I'm literally flat broke right now. ;_;

Edited by Jigsy1
  • Like 3

Not far in and only defeated the first God but it runs silky smooth on a PS5. There’s not a graphics or performance option to choose from but I did turn off motion blur and chromatic aberration for a more clear picture. Those are on default.

This is intense, polished, fun, and will definitely scratch that Shadow of the Colossus itch. I even got that bad feeling when killing a God like I did while killing a colossus.

Theres four difficulty levels and can start with any one. Uniquely, there’s also three survival mode settings that determines how challenging you want the survival aspect to be: 1.) ‘Story’ for hunger & exhaustion regen, no cold damage, better stamina regen, etc. 2.) ‘Boost’ for a balanced setting, and 3.) ‘Survival’ that sounds miserable. Cold resistance/regen and stamina regen are limited. It sounds pretty hardcore. Pair that with Legendary difficulty and you’ll have your work cut out for you. Conversely, you should be able to set it on Story while going for the Hard and Legendary trophies for an easier time. Hopefully. I went medium setting on both but might try other combinations. Either way, I don’t see this being an easy nor a short Plat. It is great though. SotC fans will feel at home.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TheLord_HUMUNGUS said:

Finally! Waiting on my backer code for this but I might bite the bullet and buy it to support the devs and give away my code when it comes... looks so good!

Before you do, check your Humble Bundle account and it might be there! Mine was. Didn’t get the email but the keys were in ‘Keys and entitlements’

I saw the trophy list for this pop up on Exophase a few days ago and went looking for a release date. All I found was a tweet from Sony saying early 2022. Glad it was wrong though.

I had a wishlist notification pop up on my phone last night saying it was available. So I just purchased it straight away, and very glad I did. 

So far it’s a blast to play, really enjoying it. It wears its inspiration on it’s sleeve, and as such, it feels very familiar to play. 

There’s been the odd time where it’s felt a little clunky, but nothing so bad that I can complain. Overall I’m loving it.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NMErickson said:

This is intense, polished, fun, and will definitely scratch that Shadow of the Colossus itch. I even got that bad feeling when killing a God like I did while killing a colossus.

This convinced me to wishlist it. Thanks.

• Like 2

So, it looks like the tracking for the "Cleanse the Land" Trophy is glitched. I've been stuck at 44/50 for a while now. Even starting a new game hasn't seemed to work.

I've DM'd the devs about the issue. Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon. 

EDIT - They answered my DM and a patch is currently in the works and will be live soon. Likely tomorrow ?

Edited by Dayngls
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2021-12-28 at 8:07 AM, Alayaes said:

So far it's at 39/100 on Metacritic. Oof. I'll wait on a good sale to maybe check this out, but as a neutral party without pre-conceived biases, this seems like something of a mess in its current form.

It is.

It's incredibly tedious, and it tries way too hard to be complicated, it's just confusing. I don't have endless hours to try and figure out what the hell is going on here. Sometimes I guess small teams can pull it off, but I would rather pay more for a triple A release than crappy games just because they are cheaper.

I really wanted to like this, but I can't recommend it at all. SotC was a unicorn, we won't ever get an experience like that again.

edit: I gave it a few more hours - it just gets worse. What a major disappointment.

Edited by Cthulu-72
  • Like 2