Protip: If you have access to the PC version, you can open multiple instances of it to self boost [UPDATE: This doesn't work anymore]

DesmaBR

Boosting with yourself, across things like two PS3, PS4 and Vita I guess is tolerated because it is all in the same eco system, but I guess now, boosting with multi-platform, is tolerated and not cheating?

I can imagine a scenario in the future where (as an example)

Borderlands 4 is cross play, so people are using their PC version of the game with mods installed/cheats installed, and then doing a ton of trophies coop with their Playstation account, that isn't hacked but there's likely no way of detecting that cheated has occured since play is shared.

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Borderlands 4 is cross play, so people are using their PC version of the game with mods installed/cheats installed, and then doing a ton of trophies coop with their Playstation account, that isn't hacked but there's likely no way of detecting that cheated has occured since play is shared.

That's basically Back 4 Blood.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Really really disappointing to see everyone in PSNP resorting in boosting on day one and the second they boot the game, rather than just - you know - just playing the game?!?!

But no, only trophies matter these days, with every approach possible, than just playing a game and having “fun”.

I’m already at almost all the trophies with just like 2 hours of standard play.

i mean... we're on a trophy forum. I understand your indignation, but it would be innocence to come here and not expect to find posts like this

another thing is that probably the vast majority of people will play this on ps4-5 just for the trophies, obviously some people have never experienced it on pc/mobile but i believe they are the minority. quite possibly few people are buying this relaunch for "the sake of fun".

Edited by kevao97

45 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Really really disappointing to see everyone in PSNP resorting in boosting on day one and the second they boot the game, rather than just - you know - just playing the game?!?!

But no, only trophies matter these days, with every approach possible, than just playing a game and having “fun”.

Watch out, that kind of talk will have your posts magically vanish by the mods.

We're not really allowed to talk about how easy games are now, but yeah standards are pretty low these days. There's way worse than self boosting with yourself going on though. lol

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Just checked it myself, just go to the game's folder and open it's exe multiple times (As much as you need).

It can make boosting by yourself a lot easier.

Just be mindful that it gives an account error when you open it for the second time, so other instances will have to be guest accounts, so have chat set for "Quick Chat Only"

What .exe are you using though? From the Steam folder itself?

I've just tried it for testing and if so, it allows me to connect from only one of the instances - the rest get errors thrown such as "you have been disconnected due to an unknown error".

Regardless, it's just maybe an 8-10 hour platinum doing it without boosting. I've sank countless hours into it on PC, and it's a shame that progress can't be carried over from there ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timpurnat said:

How many people/consoles do you need to boost this?

at least 4 players are needed to start a match, so 4 for most of it

5 for the H U N G E R trophy (Can't kill 3 people on a 4 player match)

7 for the Never Suspect a Thing (Need at least 7 people to have a match with 2 impostors)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

at least 4 players are needed to start a match, so 4 for most of it

5 for the H U N G E R trophy (Can't kill 3 people on a 4 player match)

7 for the Never Suspect a Thing (Need at least 7 people to have a match with 2 impostors)

Thanks for the info, I just bought the PC version so I can easily selfboost this xD

Edited by timpurnat

12 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Normally I'd agree, but I put 300 hours on the PC version, so I've already done all the requirements multiple times over. I'd rather just get the trophies on a game I used to enjoy, instead of trying to play it on console. 

• Like 1

On 15/12/2021 at 1:54 AM, DesmaBR said:

unknown.png

Just checked it myself, just go to the game's folder and open it's exe multiple times (As much as you need).

It can make boosting by yourself a lot easier.

Just be mindful that it gives an account error when you open it for the second time, so other instances will have to be guest accounts, so have chat set for "Quick Chat Only"

It is paid version? I get a error when trying to join whit others windows using a free and/or the Steam version of the game.

22 hours ago, Vanqishd said:

What .exe are you using though? From the Steam folder itself?

I've just tried it for testing and if so, it allows me to connect from only one of the instances - the rest get errors thrown such as "you have been disconnected due to an unknown error".

Regardless, it's just maybe an 8-10 hour platinum doing it without boosting. I've sank countless hours into it on PC, and it's a shame that progress can't be carried over from there 1f604.png

Did you solve it?

Edited by IIDRAGONSSSII

On 15/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Among Us is a crappy game to play with randoms. The legit and fun way is to gather 7 to 10 friends, all on the same Discord voice room, but that is soooo inefficient for trophies