westersburg

New Update decreases the difficulty

26 posts in this topic

Uh oh, Looks like they nerfed the speed running decks to oblivion.  Gonna be interesting how people react to that one.

However, they buffed a lot of damage cards so I'm happy 😇

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game needed this. I’m glad I won’t get a Boss to start my games anymore! Runs were over before they started because of RNG with some of the cards.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still cannot beat the abomination. The entirety of act 4 is just a mess. The tentacles take way too long to go down and if you get too close to the boss he downs you instantly and you CANNOT get revived. As soon as you get up you're downed immediately. I kinda don't even want to play anymore tbh. 😕 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update after the somewhat lacklustre November one. So many good changes and I'm glad they nerfed speed running as it was pretty busted. Solo players will be happy although some of the levels I think are almost impossible with bots.

 

25 minutes ago, Crypto151 said:

I still cannot beat the abomination. The entirety of act 4 is just a mess. The tentacles take way too long to go down and if you get too close to the boss he downs you instantly and you CANNOT get revived. As soon as you get up you're downed immediately. I kinda don't even want to play anymore tbh. 1f615.png 

I assume you're talking about nightmare difficulty? It can be a tough one and I find RNG plays a huge part here with the weapons and upgrades you get at the start. I think Hoffman and Jim are almost essential as well and I'm not sure I would even attempt it with only bots to be honest. Keep your distance from the boss, you shouldn't need to get up close and personal with it at any time. Having decent move speed really helps on this level as well, if you're slow you will really struggle once underground.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my friends spent close to 4 hours trying to get through Cabins By The Lake on veteran. What exactly did they make "easier"? It's still the same old shit- too many special ridden spawning in at once, and something's gotta be done about the stingers, the ones that spit. It's like one right after another and does so much damn damage and you got ridden bitch smacking you at the same time all that's going on and OH wait here comes a tallboy and here's the cherry on top of the rapecake, an OGRE! Like fuck man. I see all this praise to turtle rock on twitter and I'm like, am I playing the same game as you guys? Because I beat Veteran difficulty one time...went to nightmare, got absolutely buttfucked, and went back to Veteran, which is still just as hard as it ever was. i deleted the game out of pure frustration.It really messed up my entire night. I was really hoping that this patch would tone down the insane difficulty. Maybe it did for some players, but not for me or my friends. I kinda just don't wanna play it anymore. I wanna have fun, not get frustrated because I'm getting relentlessly hammered by a game. I'm definitely taking a hiatus from B4B. I don't like being frustrated with something I'm supposed to have fun with.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right. I did veteran difficulty all by my self (i dont have friends to play with, so i have tried that way..i had some luck:), but i can say that the new patch its: waaaaay worse than before. The respawing of the special enemies..in one word..its atrocious. I was playing at nightmare (solo), and the act 1-3 its pure insanity: i have counted and killed: 7 stingers, maybe more than 10 exploders, 2 snitchers, hordes(maybe 2), and tallboys( i dont even bothered to count them...) and i had the acid zombies, of course i didnt make it to the end, but the funny thing is, if you die, you die for good because you have just one life, and you can not be revived (maybe the solo mode its done in this way; i have tried with karlee, holly but it is the same thing). A lot of cards have been nerfed..too bad because i like challenges, but this game right now its very bad...its not fun at all. A VERY VERY VERY BAD PATCH. Nightmare its nerfed???I dont think so..They have ruined a potentially good game. Too bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The patch only nerf Nightmare you take less trauma damage and can get a free heal from the heal station. With solo campaign Nightmare should be easy you get 1,000 copper each level the bots will always give you a free heal after each level if you took some damage, The Bots use Support and Offensive items more in solo campaign, There is also a glitch sometimes bots take trauma damage in solo campaign if you have extra copper you will buy heals for your bots. You should attempt Nightmare soon a harder difficult is coming soon the trophy could change to the harder difficulty..

All levels on Nightmare are possible with bots I finished Nightmare with bots only It only took a few tries.

On 12/16/21 at 5:28 PM, PeachyJacobs said:

Great update after the somewhat lacklustre November one. So many good changes and I'm glad they nerfed speed running as it was pretty busted. Solo players will be happy although some of the levels I think are almost impossible with bots.

 

I assume you're talking about nightmare difficulty? It can be a tough one and I find RNG plays a huge part here with the weapons and upgrades you get at the start. I think Hoffman and Jim are almost essential as well and I'm not sure I would even attempt it with only bots to be honest. Keep your distance from the boss, you shouldn't need to get up close and personal with it at any time. Having decent move speed really helps on this level as well, if you're slow you will really struggle once underground.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

The patch only nerf Nightmare you take less trauma damage and can get a free heal from the heal station. With solo campaign Nightmare should be easy you get 1,000 copper each level the bots will always give you a free heal after each level if you took some damage, The Bots use Support and Offensive items more in solo campaign, There is also a glitch sometimes bots take trauma damage in solo campaign if you have extra copper you will buy heals for your bots. You should attempt Nightmare soon a harder difficult is coming soon the trophy could change to the harder difficulty..

All levels on Nightmare are possible with bots I finished Nightmare with bots only It only took a few tries.

 

I have finished nightmare, mate. Got my platinum the day before the December patch released.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Congrats. Only 0.8% Finished Nightmare.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/21 at 4:55 PM, Crypto151 said:

I still cannot beat the abomination. The entirety of act 4 is just a mess. The tentacles take way too long to go down and if you get too close to the boss he downs you instantly and you CANNOT get revived. As soon as you get up you're downed immediately. I kinda don't even want to play anymore tbh. 

There is a 15% chance some people can't finish act four on recruit. but 85% have finished Act 4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, gamercris066 said:

The patch only nerf Nightmare you take less trauma damage and can get a free heal from the heal station. With solo campaign Nightmare should be easy you get 1,000 copper each level the bots will always give you a free heal after each level if you took some damage, The Bots use Support and Offensive items more in solo campaign, There is also a glitch sometimes bots take trauma damage in solo campaign if you have extra copper you will buy heals for your bots. You should attempt Nightmare soon a harder difficult is coming soon the trophy could change to the harder difficulty..

All levels on Nightmare are possible with bots I finished Nightmare with bots only It only took a few tries.

 

The trophies for the platinum don’t change. If they add a new difficulty and insert new trophies it should be like a DLC trophy, as they did with Days Gone. But I’m almost 100% sure they won’t add new trophies for this new difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/21 at 2:56 PM, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

Can we get trophies in the solo mode now? As we can progress supply lines ect 

 Don't know already got the trophies before the update.

On 12/21/21 at 2:56 PM, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

Can we get trophies in the solo mode now? As we can progress supply lines ect 

It doesn't say solo mode will grant players achievements or trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MasterDudu said:

The trophies for the platinum don’t change. If they add a new difficulty and insert new trophies it should be like a DLC trophy, as they did with Days Gone. But I’m almost 100% sure they won’t add new trophies for this new difficulty.

The game Devs can completely change a trophy if they want a few games did change a few trophies..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

Can we get trophies in the solo mode now? As we can progress supply lines ect 

Yes you can. I've just done the entirety of Veteran Act 3 in offline solo mode & got the trophy as soon as the cutscene started to play after I killed the last Ogre.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Yes you can. I've just done the entirety of Veteran Act 3 in offline solo mode & got the trophy as soon as the cutscene started to play after I killed the last Ogre.

Awesome! Probably be alot more doable now

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, is anyone having sound issues since this update? The sound will completely mute until I restart the application. It's happened to me probably 3-4 times out of maybe 15 runs. Not a huge deal, but ruins the experience for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, droppingtherock said:

Hey, is anyone having sound issues since this update? The sound will completely mute until I restart the application. It's happened to me probably 3-4 times out of maybe 15 runs. Not a huge deal, but ruins the experience for sure.

 

Has happened to me twice since day 1. Sound comes back on when I leave the current run and get back to the fort.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, droppingtherock said:

Hey, is anyone having sound issues since this update? The sound will completely mute until I restart the application. It's happened to me probably 3-4 times out of maybe 15 runs. Not a huge deal, but ruins the experience for sure.

It's been happening to me on and off frequently since launch and I have to close application to fix although it doesn't happen when I'm using a headset and filtering all sound into it, it only happens when I'm using my TV for the game sound.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it through ACT 1 on Nightmare earlier tonight. And that's only because we had two random players (one xbox, the other PC) who were either hacking the game or were developers. I wish i would have streamed it. A melee deck is what pretty much what got me through Veteran difficulty, and have been told more than once that it's not viable in Nightmare. Yet, this guy was using melee 95% of the time, and pulled out his shotgun occasionally, only ever getting knocked down 2 or 3 times through the entire act. The guy's trauma damage was always bad, but his life bar was always full with temporary health. So I retry the act again without those two guys, and with my actual friends with a super melee deck, doesn't work. Same result, failed runs all night long.

 

How the hell are people able to just jump right into a fucking horde on nightmare like it's nothing and be pretty much unstoppable? But when I try it, it doesn't work? This game just frustrates me more than it entertains me. And all the while, the whole game feels like a simulation of walking on eggshells... every little thing can set off a fatal horde that will end your run in seconds. I know everyone's praising Turtle Rock for the decrease in difficulty, but it really doesn't feel any different because the specials are CONSTANTLY respawning after you kill them, popping up behind you when you turn your back, when they weren't there a second ago, that one stray zombie after a horde is over that hits you once and knocks you down, the stupid swarm circle that happens when a breaker shows up, stingers that just sit and spit at you repeatedly in quick succession without a cooldown between the spits...there's no other word for this game other than broken or unbalanced. Because that's exactly what it is. Or maybe I just suck. Maybe I don't have that godlike card deck that lets me jump into a horde of zombies and look like a total badass. 

 

I still like and play this game. But I'd be lying if I didn't say it's frustrating because it's broken/unbalanced. I say if they want to keep nerfing cards, they need to nerf corruption cards, not the cleaner's cards.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys complaining about veteran and nightmare being too difficult and I'm over here just wanting to get through the game on recruit.  Sounds sad, I know but I play with my wife and 2 other people some times and they are not what you would consider "gamers"  We just want to be able to play recruit without getting completely demolished by the nonstop special train that happens so often in this game. I love so many parts of this game but my god I just want the easiest difficulty doable for people that just want a reason to hang out and talk while shooting some zombies. We got to act 3 and I think we are just going to start over on act one to grind out some more supply points to maybe buy better cards for our deck.  Otherwise, sadly we may just move on to something else.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2021 at 7:52 AM, MrFitzes said:

You guys complaining about veteran and nightmare being too difficult and I'm over here just wanting to get through the game on recruit.  Sounds sad, I know but I play with my wife and 2 other people some times and they are not what you would consider "gamers"  We just want to be able to play recruit without getting completely demolished by the nonstop special train that happens so often in this game. I love so many parts of this game but my god I just want the easiest difficulty doable for people that just want a reason to hang out and talk while shooting some zombies. We got to act 3 and I think we are just going to start over on act one to grind out some more supply points to maybe buy better cards for our deck.  Otherwise, sadly we may just move on to something else.

If you want, me and a friend of mine could use a break from nightmare, and have some fun on recruit. we could help you get through recruit for sure. just send a friend request with a message telling me who you are, and we'll be happy to help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2021 at 7:35 PM, droppingtherock said:

Hey, is anyone having sound issues since this update? The sound will completely mute until I restart the application. It's happened to me probably 3-4 times out of maybe 15 runs. Not a huge deal, but ruins the experience for sure.

I had that happen prior to this update a few times on the PS5 version. :(

Same as you as well, just restarting was the only way I could bring it back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.