What has been your most favourite racing game?

DaveMcDamage

For my money, Burnout Paradise (and it's remastered version) has been, by and large, the best racing game out there and nothing has been able to touch it since. It's so much more than a racing game and offers elements and mechanics that simply couldn't work in other racing games. It's got more style and more to do than most other games, racing or non-, and is so easily replayable and revisitable. It's hard to find a game that compares. Fuck EA though, they stripped me of Skate and Burnout

• Like 2

Did any of you guys ever play that Boxter Challenge on the PS1 or PS2? Seemed so crazy for Porsche to put money into a game for there latest car at the time and it was just that one car, no 911's or anything, just that shite Boxter lol. To be fair though the visuals looked great at the time and it felt decent to drive. 

• Like 3

1. Gran Turismo 4

2. DriveClub+season pass

3. Need for Speed: Carbon

At this current rate, I'm probably going to skip GT7 because I did not enjoy the always-online thing for GTS. My next racing game will probably be Asseto Corsa or Project Cars 3.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 2

Did Driveclub get shut down or something?

Wish I had a wheel as I would have loved to have a go at that Arsetto Corsa racing game. Love the Nurburgring but so few games have it. Amazing track and great if you have a game that lets you create car setups etc. God I miss Forza. Really hope GT7 is worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Did Driveclub get shut down or something?

Wish I had a wheel as I would have loved to have a go at that Arsetto Corsa racing game. Love the Nurburgring but so few games have it. Amazing track and great if you have a game that lets you create car setups etc. God I miss Forza. Really hope GT7 is worth it. 

Yeah it's not possible to get all the trophies anymore but it's one of the best racing games of recent times. It's a brilliant game as it's a bit of a mix between arcade & sim so it's not too much of one or the other. It was probably the first one that I played which wasn't fully arcade & I really did enjoy it. It's just that you can't get all the trophies anymore. Also Assetto is a very good game although it's a full on true sim & very difficult to play as well as one of the hardest if you want all the trophies in it. I've played quite a bit of Assetto but I've yet to go back & finish it.

I saw that you were referring to Porsche Challenge the other day. That was a pretty fun game & was one of the very first racing games that I played. I have sometimes went back & to play Porsche Challenge again.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2

Forza Horizon 2 hands down. That game epitomizes fun. The graphics were slick, the environment was incredible, and the various events and challenges were super fun.

I've stopped playing Xbox over the years for whatever reason so never got around to 3 and 4 but they'd probably be the first games I play whenever I go back to Xbox. I plan to get a Series X eventually and FH5 is the biggest selling point to me at this point. I'd like to wait until there are a few more exclusives and will probably just wait until it starts to have sales or comes bundled with games in a couple years.

The Project Gotham Racing series would be my runner up. It was one of the first games I got with the original Xbox at launch and I played every game in the series. I loved the Kudos points system and all the various challenges that separated it from simply another racing game. PGR2 was one of the few games I really got into playing online.

• Like 3

Project Gotham 4 was the first game in the series I had played. It was hard going from Forza 2 to PGR4 considering the amount of cars and tracks hat FM2 had compared to PGR4, but I did love that it featured the Sierra Cozzy and the Nurburgring seemed more true to life than what actually appeared in Forza 2. I could be wrong on this but I think the Nurb on Forza 2 was actually watered down as I only remember it featuring one carrousel instead of the two that the real track has, but it was still amazing. 

I think Brands Hatch is my most favourite real world track. Its also one of only a couple off the top of my head which works well in reverse and the starts have enough room to not wreck the gearing when going to the first corners. Very rare for real world tracks to do that.  

• Like 1