Persona 4 Golden & Persona 3 Portable heading to PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

10 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Any word on a P3/P4 physical? Atlus would be dumb not to.

I'll prob buy P5R on ps5 and finally play. The ps4 version has been on my shelf since launch. lol

Digital only. Only p5r remastered is getting physical

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/ps4-versions-only-for-persona-4-golden-persona-3-portable

"Elsewhere on the site, it's confirmed the two titles will only be getting digital releases on the PS Store. "DL version only," it reads, meaning physical buyers are out of luck. Of course, it's not like the two re-releases were going to take advantage of all the bells and whistles of the PS5, but it does at least confirm the DualSense controller won't receive any support, and they won't be utilising the SSD natively."

• Like 1

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Digital only. Only p5r remastered is getting physical

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/ps4-versions-only-for-persona-4-golden-persona-3-portable

"Elsewhere on the site, it's confirmed the two titles will only be getting digital releases on the PS Store. "DL version only," it reads, meaning physical buyers are out of luck. Of course, it's not like the two re-releases were going to take advantage of all the bells and whistles of the PS5, but it does at least confirm the DualSense controller won't receive any support, and they won't be utilising the SSD natively."

Ah nuts. I'll still buy them. Who knows. Maybe LRG does something but i doubt it. Never seen them do a super popular title outside of Doom on switch. 

Wonder if we get news of Persona 6 by years end?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Ah nuts. I'll still buy them. Who knows. Maybe LRG does something but i doubt it. Never seen them do a super popular title outside of Doom on switch. 

Wonder if we get news of Persona 6 by years end?

Really just depends if they want to get Project Re;Fantasy released before then or not, since the main 3 persona guys are working on that

27 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Really just depends if they want to get Project Re;Fantasy released before then or not, since the main 3 persona guys are working on that

totally forgot about that. Its just the confirmation they started it right? like nothing else is known currently?

PS3 and FES are amazing games, imo much darker then 4 an 5. This game is more inline with p1 and 2, I really don't want to ever see P3P on any platform but the crowd has spoken? It's a PSP game that shows with flying colors, what it doesn't show is atmosphere or any immersion into the lives of the students of Gekkoukan High lat alone pretty simple cut scenes. There's a iso hack for the PS2 version of FES that has you control the entire party. This is just lazy Atlus, sorry if this has been discussed 9000000000 times but I'm just f'n gutted that we are being presented with this pos incarnation of a classic smt game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden are launching 19 January 2023.

P.S. I don't see PlayStation logo in the image above. :hmm:

It's just marketing deals to try and trick people into thinking games are exclusive, all three do it. Xbox is just paying a little more for mentions of other console versions to not be mentioned, most games have there consoles revealed right away, these ports had a two day delay before Playstation versions were confirmed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

I would loooove to play P3, but afaik that version lacks a lot of content... so I don't know what I'll do... on the other hand P4 is one of my favourite games, but I already 100% it on my vita... 1f914.png

I played through p3p on my vita twice and didn't feel like I missed out on anything. I'd say give it a try when it hits a price point you can agree with.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I played through p3p on my vita twice and didn't feel like I missed out on anything. I'd say give it a try when it hits a price point you can agree with.

Thanks a lot! I probably will do that, if this is the only version we have available, then it will suffice.?

IGN says this on the differences between P3 FES and P3 psp:

Spoiler

Persona 3 FES is the same as Persona 3, and it includes an extra epilogue section with the final part of the story and a large area to explore and battle in.

Persona Portable is the trimmed version of Persona 3 for the PlayStation Portable. It mainly has the same story as Persona 3, but it does not include the epilogue of Persona 3 FES, nor does it have characters acting out each scene. Instead, the 2D animation of each character is shown in front of a stationary background. You cannot control the main character either while traveling around town. To travel, you must select areas from a stationary screen. At the beginning of the game, you will be able to choose a female main character, The battle system has been altered a bit as well, allowing you to control all character in battle instead of just the main character, and Fusion Spells are now items instead of being available when you have two specific Personas available.

So it seems like the psp version improved some things (like controlling everyone instead of just one character, or the female protagonist) but discarded other features like traveling around town, the acting of the scenes and, which seems more important, the epilogue. And for what I've heard, that epilogue is a great addition to the game.

But yeah, I guess I'll give it a try!

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

No, digital only for 3 and 4. Only p5r is getting a physical

I don't believe it, Atlus can't just be putting out a single digital edition. Them passing up an opportunity to wring even more money out of people for the same games released 3-4 times before is really out of character for them.

Unless they're planning on full on remakes down the road which these could interfere with.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio