Bingo Bonanza 2022

I will join, and trying to convince Mrs Bee to join in as well.  Haven't made my card yet.

I do want to ask one question.  How strict is your start date of January 1st?  If the event is opening now, some players may want to start filling their cards a little early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I will join, and trying to convince Mrs Bee to join in as well.  Haven't made my card yet.

I do want to ask one question.  How strict is your start date of January 1st?  If the event is opening now, some players may want to start filling their cards a little early.

You can start games now, but for the spirit of the event, it should be finished in 2022. Good luck with the Mrs! :D

• Like 1

Hell yeah another Bingo Bonanza challenge. I created my card right away and proudly present it to you :)

59sHdl3.png

@willythom88 copy the link of your image, edit your post or do a new one, click on "insert other media" button lower right corner, choose image, paste your link. I use imgur and have to add an ending like png to show the image, otherwise it doesn't work.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

7 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

This will help me considerably, so I'm in.  Mine's below.  I couldn't figure out how to put the photo below so there's a link.

Willythom88's Bingo 2022

You will probably want to post an image because anyone with that link can click on your boxes (not that anyone *would* do that :P )

6 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Hell yeah another Bingo Bonanza challenge. I created my card right away and proudly present it to you :)

The easiest way to add an image is to use imgur.

Use Printscreen or a screenshot too (Firefox has one built into the browser, windows 10 has one built in as well ctrl+shft+s)

Go to Imgur and click on Post

Paste the image there

Once the post is there, you can right click on the image and hit "Copy Image Link".

Pasting that in the forum should display the image.

20 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

@willythom88 copy the link of your image, edit your post or do a new one, click on "insert other media" button lower right corner, choose image, paste your link. I use imgur and have to add an ending like png to show the image, otherwise it doesn't work.

12 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Use Printscreen or a screenshot too (Firefox has one built into the browser, windows 10 has one built in as well ctrl+shft+s)

Go to Imgur and click on Post

Paste the image there

Once the post is there, you can right click on the image and hit "Copy Image Link".

Pasting that in the forum should display the image.

Thank you both, that worked perfectly!

@Squirlruler  One quick ? for you.  It's gonna sound weird, but for Strategy, Simulation and Management, would a strategy RPG count for this?  I only ask cause I know that strategy games don't technically count as RPGs, but I'm leaving the wording to open interpretation here.  Speficially, I'd like to use Fell Seal, but it's strictly a strategy RPG (think Disgaea) so I wanna make sure it will count.

Edited by willythom88

I guess that I can drop myself into this..

Screenshot-20211216-141344-Chrome.jpg

Not really sure what would qualify for some of those, but I will have time to think in the matter later.. this is also the 3rd full year event that I'm signing in for 2022, so, a lot of cross-match games will be needed..

Still, some are easy for me to clear up right now:

- Favorite Genre: JRPGs 

- I will likely have a big mix of Racing and RPGs in my list, with some action adventure and Fighters..

- I have no clue how I will handle the Horror (don't like them, maybe Bloodborne or Peycho-Pass..), Peripheral (don't have anything in my backlog, except stuff that I already finished what would be considered the base story..), Dislike (I don't want to go extreme overboard with the idea.. but maybe The Order 1886, since I HATE shooters!), Banned in a Country (really need to check..), Foreign Country (does it mean that I can play 99.999% of the games on PS systems?), Gives me the feels (what?), Spawned an expanding universe (what?).

This should be fun...

• Like 2

I've been having a good time with the holiday-themed take on this event, so I'll join in for sure! I had to reroll an increasingly uncomfortable number of times to get a card without "starts with the same letter as your PSNID" - a non-starter for X- but I got one eventually.

Spoiler

9YgI8iS.png

I think I can come up with good options for most of these, but I'll definitely need suggestions for "Spawned an Expanded Universe."

15 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Foreign Country (does it mean that I can play 99.999% of the games on PS systems?)

Depending on your country probably haha

Gives me the feels (what?)

This will really depend on the player. It's going to be something that affected you emotionally. The Last of Us is one that a lot of people would consider, maybe Life is Strange for some people. Going to be something that has a touching story. But really, open interpretation. Could also be a game whose story just *really* made you mad lol

Spawned an expanding universe (what?)

12 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

"Spawned an Expanded Universe."

This is games that created more things than just the game. IE: The Wolf Among Us now has comic books after the game was released. Dead Space series would also work I think, since comics were created after the game was released.

Edited by Squirlruler
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

The Wolf Among Us now has comic books after the game was released.

The Wolf Among Us is a game set in a pre-existing universe - the Fables comics had been running for more than a decade before the game, and had loads of spin-offs and such.

(Not trying to nit-pick - I genuinely don't want to be that guy ?... but Fables is one of my favourite book series of all time!)

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Dead Space series would also work I think, since comics were created after the game was released.

I would think something like this, yeah, or Mass Effect or Halo - where the game was first, and the other media spun-off from them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The Wolf Among Us is a game set in a pre-existing universe - the Fables comics had been running for more than a decade before the game, and had loads of spin-offs and such.

(Not trying to nit-pick - I genuinely don't want to be that guy 1f633.png... but Fables is one of my favourite book series of all time!)

I would think something like this, yeah, or Mass Effect or Halo - where the game was first, and the other media spun-off from them?

Not a problem! I was unaware lol. But yea, that's the idea.

• Like 1

This is a really fantastic idea for an event, I love it! ?

My card:

RoHFUZD.jpg

One suggestion though, perhaps it would be a good idea to add some kind of mini-guide to the OP that clarifies some of the more obscure categories? My card is pretty straightforward thankfully, but I’m sure there are going to be some categories that are confusing for people so it might help to define some of these categories or provide examples or whatever.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Good question. That thought crossed my mind too. Thankfully i see that @Squirlruler decided yeah it's ok. Maybe add that one among the opening post? :)

Added to the FAQ.

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

perhaps it would be a good idea to add some kind of mini-guide to the OP

I'll add them to the FAQ as they are needed.

• Like 1