Bingo Bonanza 2022

Does anyone have any recommendations for "With Mystery or Detective Themes"? I'm a big fan of adventure games, in case that helps narrow it down. For reference, I've already played these that I would count in that category:

• Firewatch
  • Gone Home
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Heavy Rain
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Until Dawn
  • Telling Lies
  • Night in the Woods

20 hours ago, Xylobe said:

@DrBloodmoney If you still need one, Déraciné is a PSVR-exclusive walking sim from the Dark Souls team.

oh - that’s intriguing… cheers!

I did another that seemed interesting- a puzzle game called Statik, from Tarsier… but “from the Dark Souls team” gets my attention for sure!

Have you played it?
If so do you know if it has analogue movement (i.e. you actually walk around in ‘real time’ or is it a jumping-from-spot-to-spot kinda deal?

(I’m (it turns out) pretty prone to motion sickness with VR real-time movement, but totally fine with stationary stuff!)

EDIT - @Xylobe - just bought this one - thanks for the recommend!

(Now I just need to summon the will not to play it until after the new year, so I can use it for this event! ?)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 minutes ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for "With Mystery or Detective Themes"? I'm a big fan of adventure games, in case that helps narrow it down. For reference, I've already played these that I would count in that category:

• Firewatch
  • Gone Home
  • Heavy Rain
  • Until Dawn
  • Telling Lies
  • Night in the Woods

What Remains of Edith Finch would work.  It's definitely got some mystery themes regarding what happened to the family that lives in the home you're investigating.  Not familiar with the rest of them to say if any others would or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Blood_Hungry_III said:

• Firewatch
  • Gone Home
  • Heavy Rain
  • Until Dawn
  • Telling Lies
  • Night in the Woods

Murdered: Soul Suspect could work?

Twin Mirror is a Dotnod game that has some themes that could probably fit the bill too, along with Knee Deep, Rainswept or LA Noire?

Also, Noir Chronicle: City of Crime is an Artifex Mundi picture-hunt puzzler that would work too.

• Like 1

Just now, ladynadiad said:

What Remains of Edith Finch would work.  It's definitely got some mystery themes regarding what happened to the family that lives in the home you're investigating.  Not familiar with the rest of them to say if any others would or not.

Sorry, I don't think I explained my question well. The list I gave was a list of games I've already played that I think have mystery themes. It was mainly just to give others a starting point for making recommendations.

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Have you played it?
If so do you know if it has analogue movement (i.e. you actually walk around in ‘real time’ or is it a jumping-from-spot-to-spot kinda deal?

(I’m (it turns out) pretty prone to motion sickness with VR real-time movement, but totally fine with stationary stuff!)

It's been a few years since I played it - I did so when I got my PSVR back in 2018 - but from what I recall it has that early VR teleportation-style movement, so it shouldn't trigger your motion sickness.

• Like 1

Just now, Xylobe said:

It's been a few years since I played it - I did so when I got my PSVR back in 2018 - but from what I recall it has that early VR teleportation-style movement, so it shouldn't trigger your motion sickness.

Noice! Cheers man, I’ll have a look!

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect could work?

Twin Mirror is a Dotnod game that has some themes that could probably fit the bill too, along with Knee Deep, Rainswept or LA Noire?

Also, Noir Chronicle: City of Crime is an Artifex Mundi picture-hunt puzzler that would work too.

I just realized I have LA Noire on my backlog already and for some reason I didn't think of it, so that might be the one. But I'll definitely have to check out the others.

I love Life is Strange so Twin Mirror definitely has my interest.

Thanks!

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III

7 minutes ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Sorry, I don't think I explained my question well. The list I gave was a list of games I've already played that I think have mystery themes. It was mainly just to give others a starting point for making recommendations.

Ah, sorry I thought those were a list of games to pick from.  I'd second the above rec for Murdered Soul Suspect. Some other good ones would be the Zero Escape series.  If you don't mind anime type games, the Ace Attorney series and Danganronpa series are great.  A lot of VNs have mystery elements too.  Some good ones I can recommend are Angels with Scaly Wings, London Detective Mystaria and Raging Loop.  Angels with Scaly Wings is the shortest of them.

Also a really short and cheap one (especially if you have a Vita) is Metropolis Lux Obscura, just be aware that one has some NSFW artwork, but it's a pretty good Noir style mystery.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Ah, sorry I thought those were a list of games to pick from.  I'd second the above rec for Murdered Soul Suspect. Some other good ones would be the Zero Escape series.  If you don't mind anime type games, the Ace Attorney series and Danganronpa series are great.  A lot of VNs have mystery elements too.  Some good ones I can recommend are Angels with Scaly Wings, London Detective Mystaria and Raging Loop.  Angels with Scaly Wings is the shortest of them.

Also a really short and cheap one (especially if you have a Vita) is Metropolis Lux Obscura, just be aware that one has some NSFW artwork, but it's a pretty good Noir style mystery.

I'll have to check those out as well. Thanks for the ideas!

8 minutes ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

I just realized I have LA Noire on my backlog already and for some reason I didn't think of it, so that might be the one. But I'll definitely have to check out the others.

I love Life is Strange so Twin Mirror definitely has my interest.

Thanks!

also if judgement or lost judgement have these as you play a private eye i also need a suggestion for this catagory as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, funboy1246 said:

also if judgement or lost judgement have these as you play a private eye i also need a suggestion for this catagory as well. 

I'll add these to my list to check. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I second both Zero Escape franchise and Danganronpa franchise for mystery games @Blood_Hungry_III@ladynadiad:)

That's great to know!

12 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Ok hmm looking at my list customizable hats… My thought would be some sort of shooter usually has good custom options, anyone know any games that fit. 

I'm not positive but I believe Rocket League lets you customize some of the car toppers. I don't see that game on your profile and I can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xylobe said:

@Warpedsavior For "Recommended by a PSNP Member," I see several metroidvanias on your trophy list, and Phoenotopia: Awakening is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the recommendation! Never heard of the game before but it looks very interesting so I’m definitely going to try it out at some point.

9 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

can anyone think of a fairly cheap game that has purple on the title screen? i've looked through my games and can't seem to find one i already have that fits this. pretty much any genre will work as long as its not super time consuming.

La511ee.png Lf0840c.png Le33515.png L0cf467.png L6add17.png L5b345b.png La82a5d.png

Any of these could work?

All decent-to-great games, indies, (so lower price tags), and with some purple!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Anyone else feeling like they're caught in a limbo now - saving games to fit these challenges, but not wanting to start them until the new year? 1f602.png

Yes definitely. I'm actually happy that i won't be at home for a week around Christmas so i just need to wait 2 days at home not completing or starting anything before the year is over ?