Bingo Bonanza 2022

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I did manage to find a couple, particularly stuff that is VR games by studios more famous for non VR stuff

- I’ve bought:

Ghost Giant, which is a VR game by Zoink (of Lost in Random fame)

Statik (by Tarsier, who made Little Nightmares)

Déreciné (by FROM Software)

- i figure those will be good for ‘platform exclusive’, but the ones that use Move controllers will also be a good shout for ‘peripheral based’ 1f609.png

Déreciné would be great but I don't see myself buying a VR this year. Definitely on the radar though.

35 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

You might try Thumper.  It is peripheral based in that its a VR compatible game.  You don't need to have the VR though and its a pretty solid rhythm game either way. It is better in VR mind you, but just trying to think around the problem here.  You might also consider other games that are VR compatible and play them without the VR. 

Mmmm. Thumper gets consistently high reviews too.

Did some more digging, looks like I'll probably choose between the following games with VR compatibility: 

- Thumper

- Tetris Effect

- Wipeout: Omega Collection.

Some links below for others who have the "Peripheral-based" square and need a nudge in the right direction: 

• Like 1

I generated a card for my own amusement but I am not going to participate. I am too busy trying to get the last trophies for FFXIV (PS5) so I have two trophies left before that platinum. (Still haven't gotten any Endwalker trophies except for the Level 90 Disciple of the Land one.) This card might help me figure out what games to work on to get to #250.

EDIT: NVM, my card vanished because I reloaded the page. :(

Edited by winter_bird_22

1 hour ago, Chris1-1sirhC said:

I'd like to try this, this is my card.

https://imgur.com/ZTukpoa

I can't get it to display as an image and it will only display as a link

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

https://bingobaker.com/#2b27f60c182a6d5b - This is my card. I've been trying to link the actual bingo card, but imgur's not working for me right now.

Noticed a few people having trouble with this, try...

3f068J4.png

Fp9KqSN.png

RP0lQWO.png

• Like 3

On 16.12.2021 at 2:22 PM, Squirlruler said:

Can I finish games I started before 2022?
Yes, games previously started can be used for the challenge assuming you haven't completed the story/story equivalent. Trophy clean-ups aren't eligible, even if it requires an additional playthrough.

According to this rule you @Bl4ckb1rd92 cannot use Uncharted 4 anymore.

@Evil_Joker88, fair enough, I'll swap Uncharted 4 out with Lords of the Fallen.  That's an adventure, right?

Spoiler

1. Adventure Lords of the Fallen  Swapped it out with another game that I was considering to get it in line with the challenge rules.
  2. One Word Title Anodyne  I'm aware of the glitch compromising the ability to get more than one trophy per session.  I got annoyed, that's why I stopped the first time.
  3. Award-Winning Witcher 3  Always meant to come back to this one.  Never even took it off the console over the course of four year.  Oops.
  4. That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Dungeon Escape  If I can knock out a game in one sitting, I've bought it and played it immediately; it was probably for the dopamine.  Going to need a new one for this.
  5. With A Female Protagonist - Children of the Zodiarcs  I don't remember why I never finished this one.  I probably got side-tracked with work and forgot about it.
  6. Released In Your Birth Month Ancestors  December games are just AWFUL to track down.  Everything was March-August before I found this one.
  7. That You Meant to Play Last Year - Infamous: Second Son  I was going to play it after First Light, but, yeah, life happens.
  8. Reboot or Spiritual Successor Gauntlet  Any game my grandfather calls old is old.
  9. With Gorgeous Vistas Post Apocalyptic Mailman Simulator  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  At least it's pretty.
  10. Banned In A Country (Indonesia) - Far Cry 3  This one felt like a little bit of a chore, but I'm ready to get back to it.  The story wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the exploration.
  11. Spawned an Expanded Universe - Prince of Persia  Is it the original?  No.  Is it the game that spawned that abhorrent movie?  Yes.
  12. Cult Favorite  - Legend of Dragoon doesn't have any trophies, but if it somehow gets some while this challenge is ongoing, my decision is going to change.  Anywho, asked a friend for a cult classic game and his immediate response was MediEvil.  If it's not a cult classic, let me know and feel free to give me some suggestions.
  13. FREE SPACE Oceanhorn  This is going to be one of my plane/airport games for when I finally take leave.
  14. No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.
  15. Releasing Your Inner Weeb - SAO: Lost Song  I think I got this gist of this challenge.
  16. In A Series New to You - Silent Hill 2  I know, I know, I've never played a Silent Hill game before, have I been living under a rock?  Just because I'm goth doesn't mean I consume every gory horror media thing around.  I prefer grimdark fantasy/political intrigue type of psychological horror.  A lot of horror games and movies just feel over the top to be over the top.
  17. That "Everyone" But You Has Played Minecraft  Digital LEGOs with zombies, dragons, and food.  Looking forward to it...
  18. Oldest In Your Backlog Naruto: UNS4  First game I ever popped into my PS4.  Technically, I have 7 physical Vita games that have been on my backlog for MUCH longer, going back to through my first AIT and deployment, but since I synced them without realizing how missing timestamps and internet connections worked, I'm probably never going to finish them, making this the lucky guy that gets picked.
  19. Free to Play Tera  Trying to get a couple buddies to jump in with me on this one.
  20. That Takes "Forever" to Beat - Super Meat Boy  No introductions needed, right?
  21. Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Crypto by POWGI  This one seems like a nice relax after work kind of game.
  22. Crafting Mechanics - Greedfall  The amount of running without purpose you have to do in this game is infuriating for such a good story and combat system.  I have been genuinely enjoying this game.  In doses, that is.
  23. Aliens or Robots - Ty 2  There's robots, mechs, and I believe a UFO.  If it needs more of a slap in the face, suggestions are welcome.
  24. By an Independent Developer Zenith  Great game, can't remember why I stopped playing.  Looking forward to actually finishing this story.
  25. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Bound by Flame  Every time I hit this game up I get distracted by something else.

26 minutes ago, Bl4ckb1rd92 said:

@Evil_Joker88, fair enough, I'll swap Uncharted 4 out with Lords of the Fallen.  That's an adventure, right?

Reveal hidden contents

1. Adventure Lords of the Fallen  Swapped it out with another game that I was considering to get it in line with the challenge rules.
  2. One Word Title Anodyne  I'm aware of the glitch compromising the ability to get more than one trophy per session.  I got annoyed, that's why I stopped the first time.
  3. Award-Winning Witcher 3  Always meant to come back to this one.  Never even took it off the console over the course of four year.  Oops.
  4. That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Dungeon Escape  If I can knock out a game in one sitting, I've bought it and played it immediately; it was probably for the dopamine.  Going to need a new one for this.
  5. With A Female Protagonist - Children of the Zodiarcs  I don't remember why I never finished this one.  I probably got side-tracked with work and forgot about it.
  6. Released In Your Birth Month Ancestors  December games are just AWFUL to track down.  Everything was March-August before I found this one.
  7. That You Meant to Play Last Year - Infamous: Second Son  I was going to play it after First Light, but, yeah, life happens.
  8. Reboot or Spiritual Successor Gauntlet  Any game my grandfather calls old is old.
  9. With Gorgeous Vistas Post Apocalyptic Mailman Simulator  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  At least it's pretty.
  10. Banned In A Country (Indonesia) - Far Cry 3  This one felt like a little bit of a chore, but I'm ready to get back to it.  The story wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the exploration.
  11. Spawned an Expanded Universe - Prince of Persia  Is it the original?  No.  Is it the game that spawned that abhorrent movie?  Yes.
  12. Cult Favorite  - Legend of Dragoon doesn't have any trophies, but if it somehow gets some while this challenge is ongoing, my decision is going to change.  Anywho, asked a friend for a cult classic game and his immediate response was MediEvil.  If it's not a cult classic, let me know and feel free to give me some suggestions.
  13. FREE SPACE Oceanhorn  This is going to be one of my plane/airport games for when I finally take leave.
  14. No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.
  15. Releasing Your Inner Weeb - SAO: Lost Song  I think I got this gist of this challenge.
  16. In A Series New to You - Silent Hill 2  I know, I know, I've never played a Silent Hill game before, have I been living under a rock?  Just because I'm goth doesn't mean I consume every gory horror media thing around.  I prefer grimdark fantasy/political intrigue type of psychological horror.  A lot of horror games and movies just feel over the top to be over the top.
  17. That "Everyone" But You Has Played Minecraft  Digital LEGOs with zombies, dragons, and food.  Looking forward to it...
  18. Oldest In Your Backlog Naruto: UNS4  First game I ever popped into my PS4.  Technically, I have 7 physical Vita games that have been on my backlog for MUCH longer, going back to through my first AIT and deployment, but since I synced them without realizing how missing timestamps and internet connections worked, I'm probably never going to finish them, making this the lucky guy that gets picked.
  19. Free to Play Tera  Trying to get a couple buddies to jump in with me on this one.
  20. That Takes "Forever" to Beat - Super Meat Boy  No introductions needed, right?
  21. Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Crypto by POWGI  This one seems like a nice relax after work kind of game.
  22. Crafting Mechanics - Greedfall  The amount of running without purpose you have to do in this game is infuriating for such a good story and combat system.  I have been genuinely enjoying this game.  In doses, that is.
  23. Aliens or Robots - Ty 2  There's robots, mechs, and I believe a UFO.  If it needs more of a slap in the face, suggestions are welcome.
  24. By an Independent Developer Zenith  Great game, can't remember why I stopped playing.  Looking forward to actually finishing this story.
  25. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Bound by Flame  Every time I hit this game up I get distracted by something else.

Adventure games are like Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword, Siberia, Broken Age, Monkey Island etc. - games where the user interaction with the game is via point and click on a screen, (or using items from an inventory / verbs from a list,) and the character is not usually directly controlled, but rather walks to the location of those pointer clicks, and comments on the actions you tell them to take…

…if you can click on something, and your character says

”I can’t do that right now”…

…you’re probably playing an Adventure game! ?

@DrBloodmoney, thanks for that, seems that I mixed up "adventure" with "exploration".  Thanks for the recommendations as well; made it easier to find a game that fit the criteria.

Spoiler

1. Adventure Day of the Tentacle  Swapped it out with another game that I was considering to get it in line with the challenge rules.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bl4ckb1rd92 said:

No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.

Literally just got the plat today. SO GOOD. There are some exploits that make the game fairly easy, so if you use them, the game isn't nearly as hard to beat.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, funboy1246 said:

quick question everyone. agent 47 from the hitman series would be considered an anti-hero right? i think so but ill go with majority rules on this one.

As is currently written in the Agent 47 Wikipedia page:

Agent 47 (or simply: 47) is a fictional character and the main protagonist/antihero of the Hitman video game franchise

I don't really think I know of an assassin that woudn't be considered an antihero.

• Like 1

Here’s mine! One of 3 year long challenges that look interesting to me. 
https://imgur.com/a/GzH4cRy
My only question was the rules say you can’t use a game for trophy clean up, what exactly does that mean? For example, I have horizon zero Dawn that I still need to finish the story but by doing so I’d not only finish the game but get the platinum as well. 

20 minutes ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

My only question was the rules say you can’t use a game for trophy clean up, what exactly does that mean? For example, I have horizon zero Dawn that I still need to finish the story but by doing so I’d not only finish the game but get the platinum as well. 

On 12/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, Squirlruler said:

Can I finish games I started before 2022?
Yes, games previously started can be used for the challenge assuming you haven't completed the story/story equivalent. Trophy clean-ups aren't eligible, even if it requires an additional playthrough.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Have you played The Wolf Among Us? The Batman Arkham games? Return of the Obra Dinn is also incredible.

I haven't played any of those but I've been considering Wolf Among Us and Arkham in the past so I'll definitely think about those. I'm not familiar with Return of the Obra Dinn so I'll check that out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

Here's my tentative list going into the start of the event:

Spoiler

1. Has snacks that heal you: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas I'm hoping I'll be able to stay motivated to finish this version (Remastered) after finishing the PS2 to PS4 port version of the game over the summer. And hopefully burgers, pizza, fried chicken, and soda count as snacks.

2. Spawned an Expanded Universe: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus I had no idea this game led to a series of comic books, but I've been wanting to play it for a while so it's a perfect fit.

3. With Player Operated Vehicles: Lonely Mountains: Downhill This is another one I've meant to play for a while and it went on sale recently so it might be time for me to pull the trigger.

4. That You Started but Didn't Finish: Ratchet & Clank I've started and resumed this game several times but still haven't finished it. I'm probably close though so I hope this will push me to finally finish it.

5. With a # or Punctuation in the Title: 11-11: Memories Retold I bought this one during a sale a while ago and I've been looking forward to it since then.

6. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options: Mass Effect I started this over the summer but didn't get very far. I loved the original version years ago so it's time to pick this version back up.

7. With a Female Protagonist: Broken Age I've been actively working on this one for a while and have been planning to finish it in the next week or two so this might be the first game I check off my card.

8. Has no humans: Sly 2: Band of Thieves I'll probably jump into this right after Sly 1. I haven't played it so I'm not 100% if this in fact has no humans. If it does, I'll have to find an alternate here.

9. Releasing Your Inner Weeb: Metropolis: Lux Obscura In my mind, I associate visual novels with being a more Japanese genre so I think this fits here.

10. That Gives You the Feels: Valiant Hearts: The Great War I played this on Xbox years ago so I know I'll enjoy it and I know it's an emotional story.

11. Crafting Mechanics: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim I haven't touched this game in years but I've wanted to come back. Funnily enough, crafting might be my least favorite part of the series.

12. Favorite Genre: Oxenfree I bought this on sale a long time ago and I've heard great things so I think it's time to play it.

13. Player's Choice: ??? I don't have anything planned here so I think if another game pops up that I really want to play that I can't fit anywhere else, I'll put it here.

14. With Mystery or Detective Themes: Rainswept I love indie adventure games, so I'm excited to this try this out.

15. Cult Favorite: Star Wars: Republic Commando I've been working my way through this game and I'm on the final campaign so hopefully I'm close to the end.

16. You Think You Will Dislike: MouseCraft This was the hardest category for me because it's the only one where I couldn't look to my backlog to-play list. I ended up scrolling through my library until I found a game that seemed short and also didn't really interest me at all.

17. DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Hitman 3: Hitman 1 DLC I've been working on the Hitman series (within Hitman 3) for several months and I'm on Hitman 1 at the moment.

18. Racing or Sports: Burnout Paradise I don't spend a lot of time playing racing or sports but I enjoyed my time with this game a few years ago so I should be able to finish it.

19. Peripheral-Based: Here They Lie I don't know what to expect, but my understanding is that this game is VR-compatible.

20. Has no platinum trophy: SOMA I don't play a lot of horror games but I've heard good things about SOMA, so I'll give it a shot.

21. Historical Fiction or Mythology: Return of the Obra Dinn I'm not sure how I feel about the art style, so I'm curious to find out if I'll like it.

22. You can use a sword: Transistor I started this almost 7 years ago when I got my PS4 but I dropped off so I think it's time to come back.

23. With Online Features: Hitman 3 I always love my time with Hitman so I'm excited to finish this one off.

24. Non-human sidekick: Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition I'm maybe a quarter of the way through this one and I needed the motivation to finish it. And it's perfect that you have a dog sidekick.

25. Award-Winning: Grim Fandango I've been planning to start this after I finish Broken Age and I'm excited for it.

I got a lot of recommendations for mystery or detective games and after looking at every single one, I found several that looked really good and I slotted them into some of the different categories. Shoutout to @ladynadiad for Metropolis: Lux Obscura, @DrBloodmoney for Rainswept, and @GonzoWARgasm for Return of the Obra Dinn.

Shoutout to @Copanele for suggesting I retry Transistor.

Can anyone confirm if the Sly Cooper series (Sly 2 specifically) have any humans?

In addition, can anyone confirm that Here They Lie is VR-compatible but not VR-only?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Here's my tentative list going into the start of the event:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Has snacks that heal you: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas I'm hoping I'll be able to stay motivated to finish this version (Remastered) after finishing the PS2 to PS4 port version of the game over the summer. And hopefully burgers, pizza, fried chicken, and soda count as snacks.

2. Spawned an Expanded Universe: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus I had no idea this game led to a series of comic books, but I've been wanting to play it for a while so it's a perfect fit.

3. With Player Operated Vehicles: Lonely Mountains: Downhill This is another one I've meant to play for a while and it went on sale recently so it might be time for me to pull the trigger.

4. That You Started but Didn't Finish: Ratchet & Clank I've started and resumed this game several times but still haven't finished it. I'm probably close though so I hope this will push me to finally finish it.

5. With a # or Punctuation in the Title: 11-11: Memories Retold I bought this one during a sale a while ago and I've been looking forward to it since then.

6. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options: Mass Effect I started this over the summer but didn't get very far. I loved the original version years ago so it's time to pick this version back up.

7. With a Female Protagonist: Broken Age I've been actively working on this one for a while and have been planning to finish it in the next week or two so this might be the first game I check off my card.

8. Has no humans: Sly 2: Band of Thieves I'll probably jump into this right after Sly 1. I haven't played it so I'm not 100% if this in fact has no humans. If it does, I'll have to find an alternate here.

9. Releasing Your Inner Weeb: Metropolis: Lux Obscura In my mind, I associate visual novels with being a more Japanese genre so I think this fits here.

10. That Gives You the Feels: Valiant Hearts: The Great War I played this on Xbox years ago so I know I'll enjoy it and I know it's an emotional story.

11. Crafting Mechanics: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim I haven't touched this game in years but I've wanted to come back. Funnily enough, crafting might be my least favorite part of the series.

12. Favorite Genre: Oxenfree I bought this on sale a long time ago and I've heard great things so I think it's time to play it.

13. Player's Choice: ??? I don't have anything planned here so I think if another game pops up that I really want to play that I can't fit anywhere else, I'll put it here.

14. With Mystery or Detective Themes: Rainswept I love indie adventure games, so I'm excited to this try this out.

15. Cult Favorite: Star Wars: Republic Commando I've been working my way through this game and I'm on the final campaign so hopefully I'm close to the end.

16. You Think You Will Dislike: MouseCraft This was the hardest category for me because it's the only one where I couldn't look to my backlog to-play list. I ended up scrolling through my library until I found a game that seemed short and also didn't really interest me at all.

17. DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Hitman 3: Hitman 1 DLC I've been working on the Hitman series (within Hitman 3) for several months and I'm on Hitman 1 at the moment.

18. Racing or Sports: Burnout Paradise I don't spend a lot of time playing racing or sports but I enjoyed my time with this game a few years ago so I should be able to finish it.

19. Peripheral-Based: Here They Lie I don't know what to expect, but my understanding is that this game is VR-compatible.

20. Has no platinum trophy: SOMA I don't play a lot of horror games but I've heard good things about SOMA, so I'll give it a shot.

21. Historical Fiction or Mythology: Return of the Obra Dinn I'm not sure how I feel about the art style, so I'm curious to find out if I'll like it.

22. You can use a sword: Transistor I started this almost 7 years ago when I got my PS4 but I dropped off so I think it's time to come back.

23. With Online Features: Hitman 3 I always love my time with Hitman so I'm excited to finish this one off.

24. Non-human sidekick: Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition I'm maybe a quarter of the way through this one and I needed the motivation to finish it. And it's perfect that you have a dog sidekick.

25. Award-Winning: Grim Fandango I've been planning to start this after I finish Broken Age and I'm excited for it.

I got a lot of recommendations for mystery or detective games and after looking at every single one, I found several that looked really good and I slotted them into some of the different categories. Shoutout to @ladynadiad for Metropolis: Lux Obscura, @DrBloodmoney for Rainswept, and @GonzoWARgasm for Return of the Obra Dinn.

Shoutout to @Copanele for suggesting I retry Transistor.

Can anyone confirm if the Sly Cooper series (Sly 2 specifically) have any humans?

No humans in Sly 2 as I recall!

Also, if you play Rainswept, please please please try to resist the temptation to check-out when the platinum pops!

For reasons that pass understanding, they award the plat about a third of the way into the game - way before the story really gets going, and actively encouraging people to miss the good aspects of the game, which is in the writing in the back half! :huh::huh: :facepalm:

• Like 2

heres my tenative list for my bingo card

Spoiler

1.Retro Re-release (originally w/o trophies) Mark of Kri

2.Ultra Rare Platinum - Greedfall (may change)

3. Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy- Hitman (2016)

4. With Player Operated Vehicles- Mad Max

5.Arcade,Rhythm,or Puzzle-pac-man 256

6.Reboot/Spiritual Successor- Thief

7.Oldest in your backlog- Ico (may change)

8.Has no jump button- Syberia

9. Has no humans- Spyro

10.Title screen has purple on it-Spyro 2

11.DLC Pack or Standalone DLC-Dying Light DLC

12.One word Title-Vampyr

13.Players choice-Spyro 3

14.Main Character has no facial hair-Hitman 2

15.HYPE!-Days Gone

16.Award-Winning-Last of Us part 2

17.Metroidvania or Rogue-like-Hollow Knight

18.anthromorphized animals-Crash bandicoot

19.crafting mechanics- a plague tale:innocense

20.Last Game you Aquired- currently unknown

21.favorite genre- Just Cause 3

22.With Mystery or Detective Themes- Pheonix wright Trilogy (unsure if just one is ok or whole trilogy needed)

23.Aliens or Robots - Ratchet and Clank

24.Isometric view- sword coast legends

25. You can use a sword- assassin's creed 3 remastered

still a few i need to decide on but this is the bulk of them. good luck everyone!

Edited by funboy1246
added a game
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No humans in Sly 2 as I recall!

Also, if you play Rainswept, please please please try to resist the temptation to check-out when the platinum pops!

For reasons that pass understanding, they award the plat about a third of the way into the game - way before the story really gets going, and actively encouraging people to miss the good aspects of the game, which is in the writing in the back half! :huh::huh: :facepalm:

That's really odd, but thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to stick around after!

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III
  • Like 1