VIP online pass December 2021

mrjoshuadoyle

Bit of a long shot as I have done some research and the last thread was a few months ago. Is there any shot at getting an online pass to plat this game? I’ve seen eBay listing and a listing on Amazon for new and sealed copies but the code may well have expired even if it’s not been used. Should I just forget any idea of getting the platinum/online pass and go through single player trophy clean up?

Edited by mrjoshuadoyle

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad online passes are a thing of the past now. I redeemed this game when it was free for PS+ subscribers but because I never actually started the game and activated the online pass from in-game (thinking it would work like every other game where the online pass is baked into the digital version), I'm locked out of online now. I've done a fair bit of research but as far as I can tell there's no way to get the Dirt 3 VIP Pass anymore. These passes are such a headache now that virtually all of them are expired and even in some cases (like this one) delisted.

• Like 3

On 26/12/2021 at 8:08 AM, Pyramat said:

I'm so glad online passes are a thing of the past now. I redeemed this game when it was free for PS+ subscribers but because I never actually started the game and activated the online pass from in-game (thinking it would work like every other game where the online pass is baked into the digital version), I'm locked out of online now. I've done a fair bit of research but as far as I can tell there's no way to get the Dirt 3 VIP Pass anymore. These passes are such a headache now that virtually all of them are expired and even in some cases (like this one) delisted.

You have to look for the vip pass in your transfers list and download it.

I also have the game from PS+, and only started it some weeks ago, the vip pass activated fine.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hore said:

Ah.

Well I'm unsure why it worked for you, because my download list only has the game - no VIP pass. And it of course doesn't let me redeem it in-game

Did you check every item?
The game and the vip pass are separate items on the list and they may not be next to each other.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CyborgFoxPT said:

Did you check every item?
The game and the vip pass are separate items on the list and they may not be next to each other.

It's also not in my download list. According to a comment in this thread, it had to be claimed separately from within game even with the PS+ version:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/279757-vip-pass-for-ps-plus-version/

You must have claimed it when it was available and forgotten about it.

Edited by Pyramat

4 minutes ago, Pyramat said:

It's also not in my download list. According to a comment in this thread, it had to be claimed separately from within game even with the PS+ version:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/279757-vip-pass-for-ps-plus-version/

You must have claimed it when it was available and forgotten about it. Or someone else claimed it on another account on your console.

As a suggestion, go back to the date when you claimed the game through PlayStation Plus because the Plus games usually get separated from the included DLC / online passes when you renew the PlayStation Plus subscription. 

4 minutes ago, ConAir said:

As a suggestion, go back to the date when you claimed the game through PlayStation Plus because the Plus games usually get separated from the included DLC / online passes when you renew the PlayStation Plus subscription. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm positive it's nowhere in my download list. I did check my downloads for November 2016 (when it was free) to be doubly sure. I have an Excel file on my PC with every item in my download list and there's no Dirt 3 VIP Pass when I search for "Dirt", "VIP", "online", or "pass". I've also manually scrubbed through every item one by one on my console. It's not there.

Maybe it worked differently in different regions and some regions did get the VIP Pass when they redeemed the game. I'm in Canada and I definitely didn't.

1 hour ago, Pyramat said:

You must have claimed it when it was available and forgotten about it.

No, i have it and did not claim it from within the game. You could try use the latest beta version of PSDLE (from GitHub), generate the full list of all your content (enable all entries including Product ID), and search for the Product ID "NPEB00848" to see if you forgot to have claimed it.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

I've tried with two VIP Pass codes, one bought online and the other from a sealed copy, they were both expired. I contacted Codemasters and they told me they won't be able to do anything about it as they no longer support these games due to licensing being expired. Thankfully I was able to get back access to one of my alt accounts that had the game from PS+ so I just had to buy it and I got the VIP. 100% is basically impossible now. 

• 3 months later...

heres the trickier part, i just looked and my old online pass works i must of luckily saved it years ago.

but there is a online trophy that requires 4 players. i have 6 ps3s, but i can only use 2 accounts on this. so there is still no way to get platinum unless you have 2 vip passes and 4 consoles. as far as i know anyways. unless you can split screen multiplayer? havent tried yet

does anyone remember the date that sony made game sharing go from 5 account to 2 accounts?

the game was free for ps plus on Nov 7, 2016  so im wondering if i can use 4 consoles by any chance

edit only 2 accounts, 5 didnt apply. just tried

Edited by melodicmizery

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

Does the physical complete edition unlock the VIP pass?

Well, no. If you get a new/sealed copy you will get a pass code, but according to previous posts it will be expired. 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:02 AM, Berry_Togard said:

Does the account sharing method still work?

For 2 accounts it still should. 

The answer is no but for example, another Codemaster game F1 2012 is still working if you have a sealed NA copy. An Australian gamer confirmed they have redeemed in 2018 couple post above. You may have to find different unused VIP Pass from different regions and hope for the best. Just giving up is a viable option as well :P

8 hours ago, AN0n1m8 said:

Does the physical complete edition unlock the VIP pass?

Bought myself *new* copies of both this and Showdown, and the codes don't work. Even the bonus content for Showdown.

What on Earth were they thinking when they came up with this crap? Because both Platinums are now basically locked out to me and not because of servers. I don't want to hear people defend this with "Well, you've had X years. It's your fault." because it was Codemasters' decision to lock the multiplayer behind a stupid online pass that no longer exists.

Edited by benoski55
  • Like 2