Another awful port from Ubisoft, just like FC3 Classic Edition

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

There's your first problem. I don't know why you didn't expect this, especially since you've already had your fingers burned by the atrocious Far Cry 3 Classic.

I don't know what to tell you mate. You've no one to blame but yourself.

1 minute ago, kindajustin said:

Buying a game plus season pass for full price at release in 2021:

I'd never pay a full price for that, god forbid. But it still sucks, really thought that since they're selling it in addition to PS5 and Series X versions, means we'd get current-gen versions of this game....

• Like 2

Thankfully I didn't play FC3 classic right away. By the time I played it it seemed fine to me. My biggest issue is that the aiming and shooting feel really off. I was also dissapointed that there wasn't a PS5 version. The way it was announced it made it seemed it was going to get a native PS5 version. I am surprised it is still locked at 30 FPS. Hopefully they will patch these issues.

• Like 4

That's why it's best to wait a month or two on new games until they patch it enough to get the game where it should've been at launch. I played the Far Cry 3 port a few months after it was released and it played fine, don't see why people rag on it so much unless they played it early and it really was as bad as they say. I'll wait on this one as well. Many games people have said perform so bad I've never had an issue with. Then again, my standards aren't as high as others seem to be. As long as the game plays and isn't glitchy or crashing every 10 minutes then it's good enough for me. I don't see why being locked at 30fps is such a big issue. That's how it originally was. It's a port, not a remaster or remake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

I don't see why being locked at 30fps is such a big issue. That's how it originally was. It's a port, not a remaster or remake. 

I picked up FC3 on sale but literally couldn't play it because the 30fps was unbearable for me, probably because the motion blur in the game is awful. And it wasn't just a straight port, if you look at the ps store's description it says it's been "enhanced", though I think resolution is the only thing that's actually better. At $30, which it launched at and still sits at when not on sale, people deserved more and better for a game that was 6 years old. There's no reason the consoles at the time couldn't run it at 60fps except for laziness (not of the devs of those in charge of decisions)

Edited by DeadmanStrife
  • Like 3

While Far Cry 3 was brilliant port Blood Dragon is pile of dog shit, dont get me wrong the game is still fun and Ill have fun playing, but it looks terrible and outdated, worse thing for me is controls! My main reason I purchased season pass was Blood Dragon to, but thx got the Vaas dlc was brilliant and looks like ill be same for other to dlc's, so money well spend.

55 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's Ubisoft people. What did you guys expect?

Assassin's Creed III/Liberation, the Ezio Trilogy (Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations), Far Cry 3 Classic and Far Cry: Blood Dragon have all been lazy ports.

You raise a fair point, but considering they implied there would be next gen versions too I think it was fair to assume it would be better. Oh well.

• Like 4

On 12/16/2021 at 9:44 AM, GumiDeLaGumi said:

I'd never pay a full price for that, god forbid. But it still sucks, really thought that since they're selling it in addition to PS5 and Series X versions, means we'd get current-gen versions of this game....

Yeah I get it. Look I don't judge you negatively in any way. I hope you let the burn from this guide you for a long time. In 2016, I was tricked into paying full price for No Man's Sky. I'm 1000% more skeptical these days. Everybody makes mistakes ? Be safe, stranger!

• Like 4

I think its also poor that Sony continue to allow shit like this to continue. Sick of stuff like this happening and Sony doing nothing about it, if i was Sony the game would be removed until its fit for release. Devs/publishers will continue to do this and continue to break games and not fix them (Mafia) because they get away with it. 

Last game i bought on release day was Black Ops 2. Not many Devs/publishers i trust anymore. I wait at least 2-3yrs before i buy a game. I think this is the best way to play as you know what you're getting and i pay a fraction of the price for a more finished game. 

Nowadays most games are released as a work in progress. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TJsTrophies said:

It's simply not playable in it's current state, input lag of half a second is not ok lol.

Its the same on FC3 Classic and Ghost Recon Wildlands, yet many say it's not there. I just get how some can't notice input lag. Rainbow Six Siege also has input lag, yet its a popular competitive game.... Like wtf? Streaming games on PS Now has less input lag than a lot of Ubisoft games. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its the same on FC3 Classic 

I don’t recall feeling any input lag issues with FC3 Classic :hmm:

Granted, I’m not someone who gets into the weeds on this stuff - I don’t go sleuthing over digital foundry tests, or care about ‘Gamer’ TV setting or any of that nonsense - but I still feel like if it was a half second of lag, I would have noticed just playing it like a normal human :dunno:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don’t recall feeling any input lag issues with FC3 Classic :hmm:

Its not half a second but its a lot. Most games have below 100ms response, and stuff like Cod have around 40ms. Far Cry 3 is around 300ms. Loads complaining about it and now complaining again with Blood Dragon.

Was a better video showing the lag but you can still clearly see it here, put it on 0.25 for better result. You should be moving before you have finished moving the analog stick, which is the case for most games. But as you can see the game responds well after the analog stick is fully moved. That is high input lag. 

If you don't notice lag then don't go looking for it, because once you see/notice it there's no going back, I can't play games that have high input lag and its the first thing i notice. 

• Like 4