Temtem is herehere! (Trophy Thoughts)

IntroPhenom

20 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

So I have realized that this game is still technically in "Early Access".  I am not sure what that means game wise, but it does make me hesitant to jump onboard.  Still, I have added it to my wishlist, and will keep an eye on it.

The last island is out and the main story concluded for the game. But it will probably stay in early access until their confident the game is at where they want. At this point think of it like the many online games that are in "constant beta" it's not that there isn't a full game available now there is, but it's just a way to remind people they're still working on fine tuning it.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

The game has fully open multiplayer and playable in co-op or solo. You can actually partner up with a friend and hunt TemTem in the wild, compete battles and yes even battle some bosses available in Co-Op.

Main story bosses and Dojos as far as I remember though are still only available to single player but they may change that later.

Mrs. Bee and I picked this game up on the weekend (her on PC, me on PS5), and we got as far as completing the first Dojo.  I can report that everything up until this point so far has been fully co-op.  The way co-op works, is each of you only have access to the top 3 Temtem on your team, to make a team of six.  Your partner can switch out into one of your Temtem if the situation calls for it, but then you control it going forward. 

It had a few syncing issues, and the odd disconnect, but even on those we never lost any progress.  All in all, I would say we are having fun so far.

As for missable trophies, the only one that concerns me so far is "Fisher: Show a 5/5 Koish before showing a 4/5."  Now I have no idea what this actually means, but it does sound like it could be missed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

As for missable trophies, the only one that concerns me so far is "Fisher: Show a 5/5 Koish before showing a 4/5."  Now I have no idea what this actually means, but it does sound like it could be missed.

It's not missable but will be heavily affected by RNG for "most people". In the game there's a specific type of TemTem called Koish. Koish is a unique fish TemTem that has multiple variations you can catch by fishing. Every week there's a special challenge where you have to catch and show one with possible traits. Catching and showing one with 4/5 traits will net your rewards, showing a 5/5 will offer better rewards plus the 4/5 rewards. Basically for this trophy you have to be lucky and show a 5/5 trait Koish first.

Now here's the big thing and this is why it's heavy RNG for "most people". It's entirely possible to get a guaranteed 5/5 Koish, but this requires doing 1000 Koish battles that same week before getting it. 1000 battles is alot in any game in general but 1000 battles in a week is definitely gonna test the patience of even the most dedicated gamers. Especially if for whatever reason you mess it up or miss out on it that week and then need to do it all over again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

50 minutes ago, Spontiark said:

I just got the platinum, I'm not making a guide but I will answer questions if someone has any.

How you got the trandsetter trophy? I have head, chest and pants non starter  dye and Nothing.. or must we buy a expensive head and the ≈3000$ are not counting?

3 hours ago, I_Kaoji_I said:

Any Tips for dojo rematch? Its complete insane 

Get some perfect perfect temtem level them to 100, get one with high defense and especial defense, equip it with slingshot, use low power attacks with him, it will become nearly inmortal.

1 hour ago, Spontiark said:

Get some perfect perfect temtem level them to 100, get one with high defense and especial defense, equip it with slingshot, use low power attacks with him, it will become nearly inmortal.

Nope try 5 different good def tem they killt it ervry time ?‍♂️idn what i am doing wrong with slingshot i must maybe 40 attacks for good def that is he nearly inmortal 

2 hours ago, Mezmerize16 said:

impossible to have the tournament trophy on my side since two weeks, there are not enough players to do it, it had to be done at the very beginning when the list of trophies appeared? the trophy seems to me very complicated to obtain from now on.

Last week I tried the 3 times and I was able to join twice(the first one didn't pop), maybe it's about your TMR, mine was 868.

Edited by Spontiark
Typo

20 hours ago, Mezmerize16 said:

mmmm maybe, my TMR is 660, do I have to reach around 800+? is it to separate into several stages?

It goes by intervals of TMR, I just got some lucky wins in my classificatory matches, so I don't know much about it.

I think there is a wiki, and a official discord and many tools you can use to gather info.

2 hours ago, TheAnimalJavi said:

How to get a register of a Zenoreth? I was try a trade my Azuroc with my friend and he back to my and vice versa, but not its works :(

You have to be the one getting the Azuroc so it evolves on your side, I just switched Azuroc for Azuroc with a clan mate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spontiark said:

You have to be the one getting the Azuroc so it evolves on your side, I just switched Azuroc for Azuroc with a clan mate.

Maybe I didn't explain very well. Zenoreth if is evolve, but the trophy checker of PS5 (I have 135/164), He didn't increase the account when I haven't any Zenoreth before.

Thanks for the answer!

Hello,

I caught a 4/5 koish and then a 5/5 today, I did get the in-game success of catching a 5/5 fire koish, but not the other success which is catching a 5/5 koish and then 4/5

Do you have any idea if I should wait until next week and bring a 4/5 to get the trophy?

Thank for the answer

6 hours ago, tobaldou said:

Hello,

I caught a 4/5 koish and then a 5/5 today, I did get the in-game success of catching a 5/5 fire koish, but not the other success which is catching a 5/5 koish and then 4/5

Do you have any idea if I should wait until next week and bring a 4/5 to get the trophy?

Thank for the answer

Seems you misunderstood the trophy, you need to retrieve the 5/5 first, and the trophy is this way cause you won't have access to the special bait you get after retrieving the 4/5, thus making it harder.

If it was posible to make it within two weeks like you are trying to do, everyone who does the event twice will get it, and I'm sorry to say is not that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/16/2021 at 0:33 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Asked in Discord about the possibility of cross-platform progress. It's still on the table, but anything beyond that they can't talk about. Something to keep in mind for people who own more than one version of the game or plan to.

To follow up on this, there was an announcement in discord and e-mail that a kind of DLC called Temtem Plus which will allow for cross-progress. Wasn't mentioned if achievement flags are included in this, but I'm asking now. I'd imagine the answer is yes, but confirmation is king around here.

Edited by Jelly Soup

• 2 weeks later...

So is this game fully released now or what? It's been on my radar for a while now, but there's been literally ZERO talk about it...ever. You kind of forget it even exists. If it wasn't for the fact that I have it on my PlatPrices wishlist, I wouldn't think about it anymore. 

• 2 months later...

I bought this way back and stopped like others to wait for trophies. I see that not many have achieved them. Is it particularly difficult or is it just grindy? Or did people already play before them and adding them didn't bring back the crowd to fill the list? I'm not worried about the platinum, but it looks like most trophies are unobtained. 

8 hours ago, Oisterboy said:

I bought this way back and stopped like others to wait for trophies. I see that not many have achieved them. Is it particularly difficult or is it just grindy? Or did people already play before them and adding them didn't bring back the crowd to fill the list? I'm not worried about the platinum, but it looks like most trophies are unobtained. 

Well the game is not that well known, and also by far the hardest in the pokémon like that I have ever played, but that's not much to say. Took me 150 hours but I was not totaly trophy focused and there is also some afk time.

There is no glitched trophies, with the exception maybe of the one for participating in a championship that doesn't always unlock at the first try and they are 3 times a week but there is not always enough people.

So is not a walk in the park but completely doable.

Edited by Spontiark
Typo
  • Like 3