Help with keyboard and mouse

Hello, I have decided to buy a keyboard and a mouse to play this game, I would like to know how I connect it since it would be the first time I do it, do I need an adapter, usb cables or something like that? Also if you can play with a s d w or do I need the arrows. I tried to watch videos on youtube but I don't understand them much and they lead to install applications almost always, thanks in advance

Sorry for my english.

Ok so in order to play with a keyboard you need to use an adapter. This allows the game to recognize your keyboard in a way. You can buy the one recommended in the guide or buy a cheaper one it doesn't matter which one you get as long as it works properly. The app you install on your pc is required so you can remap your buttons on they keyboard. For the most part you will need both the arrow keys and w a s d keys (my recommendation is to use the arrows for movement and w a s d f for spells and throwing the dagger space for bombs). 
if you need anything else feel free to ask me.

Note that you don't need a mouse for this game but you can use it on other games if you like.

On 2021-12-17 at 8:56 AM, PumpedBySanty12 said:

Hello, I have decided to buy a keyboard and a mouse to play this game, I would like to know how I connect it since it would be the first time I do it, do I need an adapter, usb cables or something like that? Also if you can play with a s d w or do I need the arrows. I tried to watch videos on youtube but I don't understand them much and they lead to install applications almost always, thanks in advance

Sorry for my english.

• Like 1

Thanks, I will have to buy an adapter too, there is something that I do not understand and that is to reassign the buttons, could you explain?

Another thing, a nisuta mechanical keyboard and a nisuta mouse work with the adapter?

In case the nisuta brand is not compatible with the xim4 I have found an adapter of the nisuta brand in a store that I could buy, although I will still wait for you to answer me and resolve my doubts

Could you send me a link to buy the xim4 adapter or tell me the price because I have searched a lot on the internet but couldn't find it anywhere

I also want to know why I need the adapter, I am afraid to buy one and that it will not work, could you tell me how to use the adapter or send me a video that explains it, thank you 

Edited by PumpedBySanty12
More questions

• You can reassign the buttons in-game as well in the options. Which means for controller players they have the ability within the game settings to change the buttons configuration. Example move with Triangle, X,O, Square buttons instead of the default D-pad.
  • I'm not sure if Nisuta keyboard works with Xim apex. But I think there is a high chance it does because most keyboards I tried work with my Xim apex; I tried Logitech G915 TKL Tenkeyless LIGHTSPEED Wireless USB dongle, a cheap lenovo office usb keyboard, an old Razer BlackWidow Chroma mechanical keyboard I had for 6 years, Genesis thor 300 keyboard, and razer v3 chroma tkl keyboard.
  • XIM APEX OFFICIAL HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST:
  • I got my Xim apex used not brand new, it was about 60-90$, I forgot exactly because it was 2 years ago. But I think new ones go for around 100-200$
  • Xim Apex Quick Start Guide 
  • Like 2

wow the xim apex is too expensive and unattainable for me for now, I think I will try that Nisuta adapter that I saw before, or else I will need an adapter much cheaper than the xim apex. In case it does not work I will leave this game for later when I can buy the xim,

so to remap the buttons in keyboard is done inside the game? I don't need anything else to change them?

Edited by PumpedBySanty12

6 hours ago, PumpedBySanty12 said:

so to remap the buttons in keyboard is done inside the game? I don't need anything else to change them?

The keyboard remapping is done on a computer using the adapter’s software. You connect the adapter to a computer, install the app/program specific to your adapter then remap the button. Remapping is done so you can link the keyboard buttons to the

controller buttons, for example: you choose Space as L1 while is R1 and so on…

• Like 2

I believe the XIM apex and XIM 4 are the best adapters. Next comes stuff like Cronus Zen and Cronusmax. I did not try the Dynacom c92, but if it is cheap I think it is worth trying it. I know some one who used this cheap adapter for coda: (Fantech AC3000) https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Keyboard-and-Mouse-Converter-For-Console_1700003399355.html it looks exactly like the Dynacom c92

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2022 at 0:11 PM, PumpedBySanty12 said:

I'm about to have the adapter to start this but I had another question, once I stop playing should I unplug everything from the adapter or can I just unplug the adapter and plug it back in when I play?

It depends on what you prefer. I think all ways work. for me, I keep it plugged in the entire time and use another controller when I play other games.

• Like 1