Have to play single player connected to network?

I'll start by saying I love this game, have played it before, been wishing for a blood dragon remaster for years. I played the first mission on ps4 and put the console in rest mode to do life.

When I came back later on, there was a message saying connecting to Ubisoft network was mandatory to play the game.

It ejected me to main menu and I didn't have a save, as I didn't manual save and it didn't auto save. 

I'm now starting a new game now and I'm pissed that this is how you have to play a single player ps3 game. I don't think this game even has network features other than rewards. So why mandatory connection?

WTF Ubisoft. How can you screw up a classic like this. But this is just dumb and serves no purpose.

Make sure you save manually. Don't rely on rest mode like me.

I have been holding off on Valhalla and FC6... Definitely won't support Ubisoft while they make it hard to play there games.

EDIT. You can't save during a mission. No saving, no rest mode, must leave console on until you can save. I get PS3 didn't have rest mode. But it's still dumb.

Edited by LeathalDolphin
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, LeathalDolphin said:

I'm not talking about online. I'm talking about Ubisoft connect an online feature. This game is having trouble recconising my account and since I'm not signed in it won't let me stay logged it while in rest mode.

It's just dumb Ubisoft. Same thing happened with their games on Series X using quick resume. 

• 3 months later...

This way they’re able to track player base and they make more money etc, a lot of games do this now, i feel your frustration it’s a disgrace really, not an issue for me I was annoyed enough that they chose not to give the new remaster a platinum, it’s the only fc without one and made sense to include one with it being re released, Ubisoft are only getting worse as well, they’ve essentially turned their ips into how sports games operate, pump a new one out every year, with no changes other than a re skin, I never buy any of their games new anyway, if you’ve played 1 you’ve played them all, yet every year pre launch they lie and tell us all how they’ve changed it all and it’s all new etc, but it’s not, it’s the same mind numbing game you’ve played 15 times already, the fact you have to log in to play a single player experience only turns the screw further