Card Counter Trophy, on what item have you gambled on?

Afura_33

Hello,

I am still missing the gamble trophy, I do have a gold barb and gamble a lot on rings and amulets, but haven't been lucky yet. On what items have you guys gambled to get this trophy? Would you also get the trophy when you take an unique item from someone that he/she got from gambling? 

Edited by Afura_33

It doesn't matter what type of item you gamble. You have a flat 1/2000 chance that a gambled item, or any type, will be unique. There's no way to change that. I got it from gambling a ring I think (Nagelring maybe?), but it's just always 1/2000.

I doubt that you would get the trophy from trading a gambled unique item from another player, but I don't know for 100% sure. I don't think the game actually stores that information on the item anywhere though.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

I manged to get a green amulet so far lol, but never got an unique from gambling. 1/2000 is not a very high chance lol, looks like this trophy will take a while :)

Would be cool if a picked up gambled unique from someone else would pop up the trophy, but I think you are right, thís information will probably not be saved somehwere. 

Edited by Afura_33

1 hour ago, Afura_33 said:

Hello,

I am still missing the gamble trophy, I do have a gold barb and gamble a lot on rings and amulets, but haven't been lucky yet. On what items have you guys gambled to get this trophy? Would you also get the trophy when you take an unique item from someone that he/she got from gambling? 

If you're doing the safest method to get the plat like most, with an offline hardcore character. You can dupe gold on your shared stash just like how items are duped on the PS4 version. Don't have updated intel on how it works now for the PS5 version though but some friends on PS5 say they are still able to do it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

If you're doing the safest method to get the plat like most, with an offline hardcore character. You can dupe gold on your shared stash just like how items are duped on the PS4 version. Don't have updated intel on how it works now for the PS5 version though but some friends on PS5 say they are still able to do it. 

You don't even need to dupe -- just backup your save file, spend money, re-load your save file. This will always work, even if they ever finally patch the duping method on PS5.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

You don't even need to dupe -- just backup your save file, spend money, re-load your save file. This will always work, even if they ever finally patch the duping method on PS5.

Oh yes you're right! I just did that with my first 2.5M gold to get a perfect stash. Faster to roll gambles that way with max gold on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

Make a level 11 gold mule, share stash all the gold to it and gamble for the unique Gull Dagger.

Every gamble costs around 1k gold at that level instead of 50k for rings. Level 11 makes it so that the unique is just within the level range.

This is a very good idea, I haven't thought of this, thank you for the hint. 

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

One thing that can help (not with odds, but with cost) is the unique grand charm (Gheed's Fortune) which will lower to cost of shop items, and this includes gambling.

Other than that, you just need to buy until you win ...

Yep I am using it, I am also using an edge bow to lower the gold prices even more. 

1 hour ago, Gattusso02 said:

Oh I didn't know that such a glitch does exist in the game. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9.2.2022 at 10:14 AM, Eruyom said:

lv 11 characters and gamble for daggers to get Gull still a pain in the ass but it was cheaper and faster 

also got Highlords gambling for amulets, but already got the trophy it was only couse a nedd a freaking amulet with +skills

I got the trophy thanks a lot :) , I had to spend 3 millions lol this took me a few hours ^^

• 8 months later...

Hello forum.
So you guys got that unique item from gambling on a OFFLINE character you can re-upload after spending all gold ?
I am a lvl 11 Sorc right now - trying to get that GULL dagger, spend few hours today but still no luck.
I think I gambled more then 2000 times yet no GULL - am I just that unlucky? Are chances Online/Ladder are higher ?

Edit.
Well I started to gamble for 
Hand Axe's like Flakers_1908 wrote and I did get The Gnasher very soon after. Cheers.

Edited by Mr Green
Change of situation.
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, does the game remember or save the amount of items which already have been gambeled with a char so far or count the 1/2000 chance everytime new when i start a new game and try to go for this gambling trophy? I did three trys whith a lvl 5 char yet and bought roughly 1500 items overall (200/300/1000) and no trophy popped yet ;)

Any kind of reply much appreciated :)

52 minutes ago, Bananajoe90 said:

Hi, does the game remember or save the amount of items which already have been gambeled with a char so far or count the 1/2000 chance everytime new when i start a new game and try to go for this gambling trophy? I did three trys whith a lvl 5 char yet and bought roughly 1500 items overall (200/300/1000) and no trophy popped yet ;)

No, its just a chance

its not a guarantee that on your 2000th gamble you will get a unique

its just an odds that if you had enough gold to sit there for 2000 pulls, youll get a unique once

57 minutes ago, Bananajoe90 said:

Nop the game doesn't have any counter for it. 

Edited by Afura_33

• 6 months later...