Maps in every area

DamagedLopez

Question for anyone playing so far i have gone through quite a few of the areas but found the map guy only twice does anyone know if he is in every area or just a few. I like the game i feel like the blacking out of the map kinda sucks makes me feel like im missing on so much when exploring. 

Yes he is in all areas. He's hard as hell to find in some though. Took me my third exploration to find him in the abandoned mines. Still haven't found him in light tower, but I've found him everywhere else. I'm on the 5th fragment now. Also the exploration is retroactive. So once you find him the areas you have already been through will be defogged. 

• 1 year later...

This is a bit late, but I've just started the game not too long ago and finished the oracle's quest. He's a pain to find, but typically he's not too far off from where you first enter the new area. The Tower of Light was a bit of a climb in the first section, but he was there in the first offshoot to the left. I think there was a throne on the opposite of the main room, which he's typically not too far from one of those either, though there are a couple exceptions. 

But definitely a tricky dude to find.