Platinum duration and difficulty?

I don't have the platinum, but I've hundreds of hours on each of the original GBA games as well as the Nintendo Switch version. It's going to be a very long one even with clear goals, familiarity with the game, and exploiting glitches. 

Edited by Vrisnem
  • Like 1

I have the plat and my console lists me as having 96 hours in the game, though some of that may have been idle. I had never played the game before and made tons of mistakes so luckily I don't think anyone needs to worry about it being a >200 hour plat. I see somebody has a sub 3 day plat time so it must be possible to progress very quickly with a focused plan.

I would rate the difficulty at about a 3 out of 10, the game won't challenge your skills, just your patience for the grind haha. The most important thing you can do to cut down on time is keep track of which dishes you have cooked and eaten. Oh and for getting the X wool you don't have to wait an entire week for your sheep to regrow before trying again! Save right before you shear and reload if you get platinum instead of X. There is a 1 in 255 chance for X wool so it might take a while but it is still a huge time save versus waiting a week for another chance to shear your sheep. So in conclusion, not too bad at all. Hopefully more people chime in with plat times so we can get more of an aggregate but I do feel comfortable saying it will be much less than 200 hours. 

• Like 1

I've gotten all the achievements on the switch version and put a total of 280+ hours in it but this was due to playing a few hours a day for a year and a half. It's def not a game I'd advise to try and quickly platinum. It's a long grind with a lot of patience even if you know the ins and outs. Games like these our mainly for leisure and relaxation. You won't have a good time at all if your aiming just for the platinum. The person who platinum the game in less than 3 days clearly had a strategy, used a guide or better yet played the switch version. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I dont know how it is possible in 3 days with all that RNG involved, for example fishing drives me crazy. If you got the right equipment why is the chance to catch those damn guardian fish still at 1 out of 1000? This is just annoying! 

I'm a good 50 hours in, close to ending the first year, got a lot of stuff done so the coming 4 years should go faster.