Worst VR game ever?

Smashero

Great! A VR Guitar/Band Hero! Awesome! Check the description! 

"VRock is a unique Virtual Reality experience that allows you to experience what it is like to be part of a rock band with music created especially for the title. Being able to choose between different instruments, you have to manage to complete the songs and achieve the success you deserve. As you beat levels, you will evolve in your style and play to larger audiences in larger venues.

VRock is a unique experience, it is easy to learn to play each of the instruments and fun to master them. Also, there are a ton of songs to play with in the base game.

Immerse yourself in the best combination of music, rhythms and musical instruments that this unique gaming experience offers you. Master the songs and levels created to gain prestige in the world of music completely in Virtual Reality. Learn fast with simple and intuitive controls that are easy to learn and fun to master. Climb the music charts and become a rock star. Test your ear and skill with each instrument to become the best."

Ok, sounds nice! Let's be a rock star!

Then trophy list - looks SUPER easy. You have to play Guitar and Drums songs! Sweet! Probably you will use Moves as sticks, right?!

Then actual the gameplay...

Wtf? This looks... Awful... 

So you have VR and you use L1/L2/R1/R2 on DS4 to simply catch falling notes in a "game" with graphics from early PSOne?! 
And all that for $14.99!

What a crap...

Edit: Why I have this strange feeling that you do not have actually even "try" to play it and get the plat anyway? :D.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, jhill_what said:

One of the trophies is bugged. I missed every note on every song I played so far and no trophy, so this plat is unobtainable right now. As if this game needs more odor to steer clear of it lol 

Yeah, in this YT video guy mentioned that between 5:20-7:00.

I have this thought: despite the trophy description "I Do Want to Miss a Thing - Miss any note in any song" since it is actually a GOLD trophy maybe you have to beat a song with full combo instead? I mean, without missing any note?...

Is there even possible to have the perfect run there? :D.

Edit: Or only miss ONE note?...

Edited by Smashero

This game seems like it was made for me, being a Terrible VR Rhythm game with easy trophies, so I'm more than happy to bite the bullet and figure out what the hell this game is.

Going off of the gameplay, it genuinely seems like this game has basically no reason to be a VR game, so I might try it out with no headset on and see if that works. Regardless, with no Steam version to go off of, I'll do some experimenting myself and see what the deal is with that last trophy. Wish me luck

• Like 1

UPDATE: Alright, I think I've seen enough of this game to make a judgement. For starters, I've FC'd a song, FC'd a song with 1 miss and just about everything in between. Nothing I've tried will unlock that last trophy from what I can tell, so if that's what you're here for, then you very likely won't be able to platinum this game without a patch. So who do you contact about that? Well the store page says that this game at the very least is published by 'Gammera Nest SL' who I didn't know until looking them up that they are the creators/developers/whateverers behind the Nubla series, which I thought was strange since I believed that the series was made with some sort of collaboration with Sony. In reality, they were made as some part of the 'Playstation Talents Program' in Spain, which to my knowledge is Sony's only collaboration with the Nubla series.

Despite this however, nowhere on Gammera Nest's website is VRock mentioned, which I thought was strange for 2 reasons, one of course was that they're credited on the store page, but the second is that when booting into the game, it doesn't show their logo at all. Instead the credit is given to 'Adamastor Studio', who after looking at their extensive backlog of 3 developed games, I found that they've made 2 mobile games, and 1 VR game, which is the game in question. On their site is a link to a trailer which has been delisted from 2020 that shows a slightly different menu screen to the one you can see above, and looking at their channel is this even stranger demo showing a very different menu, showing off even a Career mode and Multiplayer mode, neither of which have actually made it into the game. Still though, if you are actually interested for whatever reason to try to platinum this game, I would assume they are the one's to contact.

So what's left?

Without even working trophies to back it up, all that's left is an incredibly mediocre rhythm game with awful hit detection, no calibration settings, in fact this game has no settings at all past music and sfx volume, not to mention the fact that getting to settings requires you to turn 180 degrees, which I'm sure many of you will know that the PSVR isn't really meant to do. And in doing so, you'll be presented with a settings screen that is flipped horizontally, but not that it will matter much anyway. The gameplay is about as bad as you can see in the original post, with some nice stock 'likely copyright-free' music akin to what you'd find in something like BoxVR. But while that game has some sort of motion controls to justify it being a VR game, this game does not. It is completely playable without the headset on, keeping it on with whatever you can find to stop it turning off (I used a desk fan personally). If you are in the market for some sort of Guitar Hero-type game, this isn't it. Go play Rock Band or Clone Hero or something.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2021 at 11:14 PM, jhill_what said:

One of the trophies is bugged. I missed every note on every song I played so far and no trophy, so this plat is unobtainable right now. As if this game needs more odor to steer clear of it lol 

Based on the list I was going to pick it up and Plat it in an hour but confirmed glitched = hard pass. Not giving money towards BOTH a broken list and terrible game 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BrozYn88 said:

I have contacted developer via whatsapp, he left number on his page.

https://gammeranest.com/contacto/

He read that but not responded, maybe someone from spain or someone who speaks spanish may call him and ask about fix? :D

Why I have this strange feeling that the number disappeared already, lol? :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrozYn88 said:

Ok, I have tried to be nice, and seems like the patch will not come.

That's too bad actually... There is one user who got 23/25 trophies except for one mentioned above, which again confirms that the plat can not be achieved :(

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14984-vrock/godcannon

Ahh sorry, link to whatsapp was not removed, you have to click on facebook icon, then on facebook you dont have chance to write on messenger, there is a link to whatsapp there instead, so calling him is still an option, any brave guys? :D

Edited by BrozYn88

Can’t be as bad as Paranormal Activity VR that has the worst controls especially when you had to grab a letter by bumping into your TV no wonder I didn’t stack the other game, no glitched trophies but this game here might just take the cake. The only “Good” VR games I can think of is Rick and Morty VR except the Rhythm Puzzle and LA Noire VR and Skyrim VR. 

1 minute ago, Anxiety said:

Can’t be as bad as Paranormal Activity VR that has the worst controls especially when you had to grab a letter by bumping into your TV no wonder I didn’t stack the other game, no glitched trophies but this game here might just take the cake. The only “Good” VR games I can think of is Rick and Morty VR except the Rhythm Puzzle and LA Noire VR and Skyrim VR. 

I agree on LA Noire VR, I played that a few months ago and I loved it. Although I hadn't even played the normal version until after lol. There are some good VR games out there for sure, but some are just... not up to scratch. However, the same goes for non-VR games. 

I will throw out Job Simulator and Bravo Team being good VR games but that's based on personal opinion. I did like Fated though, that was quite relaxed for the most part.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

There's a patch out now (1.01) which fixes the trophy that was glitched, and now the trophies for playing all songs aren't unlocking, so the patch made things even worse for those playing this. Wonderful. 

I can vouch that the 'miss a note' trophy is now obtainable, whereas the 'play all songs' trophies are not. Bit of a shame too, as I could've gotten those back in the v1.00 of the game except I deleted it because I didn't think this dumb game was ever getting patched.

In theory, I guess you could rollback to v1.00 if you were to use one of the methods to do so, but to my knowledge none of them are currently working on PS5, so it kind of leaves me shit out of luck there. I'll give this game maybe an hour or so on v1.01 to see if there's anything to fix these trophies, but it isn't looking great right now. Bit of a mess this game is.

Update: I HAVE THE PLATINUM

I can confirm that it is somehow possible to obtain on v1.01, however, I don't know what I did differently this time. I can say that since my original post, I started on a fresh save file, and ran through every guitar song followed by every drum song in order, getting around 1,000 points each (roughly, I got 0 stars on every song either way). The trophies for each song will unlock at the end of the track, but the 'all songs' trophies won't unlock until you return to the main menu. Somehow what I did caused the trophies to unlock, but that's about all I can really share.

Edited by wltrsjcwvita
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Anxiety said:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission was fun too :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

In theory, I guess you could rollback to v1.00 if you were to use one of the methods to do so, but to my knowledge none of them are currently working on PS5, so it kind of leaves me shit out of luck there. I'll give this game maybe an hour or so on v1.01 to see if there's anything to fix these trophies, but it isn't looking great right now. Bit of a mess this game is.

Yeah, and I'm not hooking up the PS4 again to the VR just to downgrade this game either haha. You're right, you cannot downgrade digitally on the PS5, so it would require PS4 VR.

However, you were able to get the trophies to work on the latest patch and on PS5? @wltrsjcwvita

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1