Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

On 1/14/2022 at 8:44 AM, malachi1987 said:

@kingofbattle8174 why not add an end challenge for the biggest percentage if backlog removed?

This way be a good incentive to tackle what you already started vs just adding more games and completing them to balance out the percentage. 

I like that idea! 

I'm trying to keep a happy medium between new and incomplete games myself. Most of my backlog is either a grind or games I haven't touched in so long I'd be better off starting over.

Unfortunately I don't own a PS3 any longer so those games will stay in limbo for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Ratchet and Clank is an easy one as you say and I'm about 75-80% the way through the platinum for Dead Space and there's no DLC for that either 

Dead Space was excellent and was a decent challenge. I'd love to do 2 and even 3 but it is like 60-70 bucks to get them digitally on the PS3. Keep hoping and praying for a trilogy remaster to come out before the Remake.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

I like that idea! 

I'm trying to keep a happy medium between new and incomplete games myself. Most of my backlog is either a grind or games I haven't touched in so long I'd be better off starting over.

Unfortunately I don't own a PS3 any longer so those games will stay in limbo for the foreseeable future.

Yea right now I'm trying to focus on backlog of the easier trophies in games that I started and just dropped them without a thought. 

Enjoying and hating super monkey ball. Will be able to get a few more easier ones before I'm stuck with the grind 

• Like 1

Two weeks in.

Week 2 STARTING PERCENTAGE 65.69%

Assassin's Creed: Origins 43% -> 86%

Week 2 ENDING PERCENTAGE 66.53% (+0.84%)

Finished the base game, including completing all 405 locations, which took total game completion to 71%. As that's lower than my challenge target of 72.5% I decided to push on and get it completely out of the way, otherwise it would just fester uncompleted on my profile for months. So 2 out of the 3 DLCs are now in the books as well.

Hopefully get the remaining one out of the way this week, gaming time might be a bit more of an issue this week because of the Australian Open tennis and Sir Andrew's relentless march to glory, or at least the fourth round. Sleep is for the weak.

• Like 2

Hi guys. Hope you've had a good week. I managed to platinum Visage as well as making some dents in my other backlog titles. I started Battle Brothers, dropping my completion a bit. I feel Feburary is going to tank my completion as I plan to play Dying Light 2, Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West and Elden Ring.

Spoiler

Starting percentage: 51.98% Last weeks percentage: 52.10% This weeks percenrage: 52.18%

Have a good week!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I had a ton of unfinished PS3 games too. So I actually bought a PS# again this year, they are pretty cheap. And most of the games I either had 'bought' as Plus or are in the Now subscription or if that fails I buy them for a couple of Euro's . It is surprising how many people are still playing PS3 games.... As for FIFA; I am in the same boat as you but I am not trying to get those done anymore.

Yeah I've got quite a few that I'm going to need to go back and finish will be good to get some of them done. Others, however, will just never get finished. Annoying but is what it is. 

4 hours ago, Geridian said:

I even do not recommend this game (Mad Max) in any form.
Story is okay, but the grind for the collectibles is horrible and even the hunt for the scraps can bug out.

Update:
Guess I am Lucky: Reaper of The Harvest challenge completed with 191/191 and the corresponding trophy Looked Everywhere popped.
Ground Combat challenges are completed.
Working on Car Combat and Wasteland challenges now. 

Oh really? I'd heard the trophies were buggy but the game was kinda alright. I liked the idea of driving about and wrecking stuff but I'll give it some thought before diving in. Thanks :)

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Dead Space was excellent and was a decent challenge. I'd love to do 2 and even 3 but it is like 60-70 bucks to get them digitally on the PS3. Keep hoping and praying for a trilogy remaster to come out before the Remake.

I LOVE Dead Space. Got the artwork book for Christmas. I lost a bunch of progress due to a corrupted save which is why it is sitting unfinished. That and I originally completed it on the 360. 

I'd never go near number 2 because one of the trophy requirements is pretty insane. I've neve played 3 actually. 

I'm very excited for the remaster of the original. 

• Like 2

Update 2 (week 2)

I made great progress this week, managing over 1% increase. This is an outlier though. I probably won't have another week like this all year. Most of my time was spent working on old backlog games that were holding my % down, and the few games I did start were short enough that I also finished them.

Games started (Jan 1 ---> current)   (120--->123)  (+3 from start of year, +3 from last week)

Games completed (Jan 1 ---> current) (87--->92) (+5 from start of year, +4 from last week)

Platinum Trophies (Jan 1 ---> current) (75--->78) (+3 from start of year, +2 from last week)

Completion percentage (last week ---> current) 79.46% --> 80.55% (+1.09% from last week)

Completion percentage (Jan 1 ---> current) 78.83% --> 80.55% (+1.72% from start of year)

Goal: 85% ---- (4.45% to reach goal)

Games I played this week:

Along Together (PSVR) 0% --> 100% Platinum #77 achieved

Short (3.5 hours) platinum. A simple puzzle/platformer that I never would've played, BUT since it's in VR, I really enjoyed it as I haven't gotten over the novelty of how cool everything in VR is.

Maneater DLC (PS5) 0% --> 100% (Platinum previously achieved, game now at 100%)

I had platinumed the base game over a year ago, but finally got around to pushing this game back to 100% by completing the DLC. I really enjoyed it. Much like the base game, it's great dumb fun for awhile. The length is perfect. It's short enough that the admittedly shallow gameplay never gets old and is always fun from start to finish.

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS4) 11% --> 12%

Played one more level with my wife. We will finish it someday!

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) 0% --> 100% Platinum #78 achieved

I had played this on PC when it first came out and loved it. I've always wanted to go back and play it again and this game me an excuse. Spent a couple evenings and knocked out the plat.

The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (PSVR) 0% --> 100% (non-plat game)

Even shorter (1 hour) VR game. Another little game I never would've looked twice at, but since it's VR, it was a super cool little experience.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS4) 20ish?% --> 35%

Finished the main story mode with my son. Now that I've finished the story with him I can cleaning up the completion when he's not looking.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4) 24% --> 65%

This one's been sitting on my backlog unfinished for a long time and I'm finally going to get it done. This week I did one playthrough on hard getting all the collectibles. Then I did a playthrough on crushing to unlock brutal mode. Now I'm going through my Brutal playthrough. Currently on chapter 17, so I'm passed the infamous train level.

Up Next:

- Continue my Brutal playthrough on Uncharted 2. I've got some of the parts behind me that I was dreading, but still have some tough parts yet to go. After that I'll do the speedrun trophies and then mop up whatever misc trophies I have left.

- Pick away at the LEGO Marvel games as I can when I get to play with my kids.

- Start a new game on VR. I'm thinking either Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin or Moss

- I didn't touch Kena again this week, maybe next week.

I've enjoyed reading about everyone's progress, good job everyone! Happy trophy hunting!

• Like 4

Another challenge in the books: Snag 100 trophies

Started playing Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy today for another event. Not bad so far, standard TT fare. Once it's done I'll be 10 trophies away from 11,000. Gotta figure out what I want as that milestone as well.

On a crappier note I have to get tested for Covid tomorrow. Not feeling too bad so far so I hope it's just a mild case.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sofa King said:

Another challenge in the books: Snag 100 trophies

Started playing Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy today for another event. Not bad so far, standard TT fare. Once it's done I'll be 10 trophies away from 11,000. Gotta figure out what I want as that milestone as well.

On a crappier note I have to get tested for Covid tomorrow. Not feeling too bad so far so I hope it's just a mild case.

Hope the test either comes back negative or if it is positive, it isn't too severe :) Well done this week. ?

• Like 2

Made significant progress in super monkey ball banana splitz on vita. This was saving grace with backlog this week since I also enjoy TV shows.

I am getting to point in game where I might be at a stopping point due to harder courses and luck base rng trophies.

Will be also tackling lego ninjago on vita and hoping to finish it.

If I turn on console might go for kena (suppose to have 1.05 installed so if I don't screw it up platinum will be a cake walk) and also tackle terminator resistance. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Geridian
Original Starting PCG: 94.29%       Total Earned Trophies: 36
Goal PCG: 96%                              Total Earned Platinums: 1
Current PCG: 94.64%                    Total Games Started: 1
Total Increase: 0.35%                     Total Games Completed: 2

Hi. I think you can set the counter for Total Games Started: 1 back to 0 for me.

The 1 started game was the Witcher 3 GOTY trophy set which I could only delete on a PS4.
Now even PSNP adjusted the stats and shows 207 games played, which should be the same stat when the event started.

Everything else looks alright.

/edit Atm only one of the 2 PSNP signatures is adjusted correctly. :D

/edit2 Hours later, both signatures reflect the change.

Also I wish you the best of luck with Dead Cells. Games with achievement bugs are just awful. :(

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Today I decided to give Final Fantasy 8 another go, since only a small amount of trophies was left:

1. Eden - Unlock Guardian Force Eden
  2. Obel Lake Secret - Complete the Obel Lake side quest
  3. UFO - Complete the PuPu side quest
  4. Omega Destroyed - Beat the Omega Weapon
  5. End of Game - Finish the game
  6. Lionheart - Obtain all trophies

Got the first 3 trophies already today, but since I do everything the game has to offer, although not needed for trophies (Collectiong all Triple Triad Cards at least once and such), the last three trophies will be achieved later the week.

Wish you all lots of fun with your games!

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Another Monday, another update!

A good week in gaming, not super in earning trophies.

Demon Souls - PS5

I am now in world 5 and I did fall so many times to my death 1f605.png.  LOVE this game! It is such a joy trying to get through it. On my play list this week....

Uncharted - PS3

Inspired by the challenge ' complete the oldest game on your profile' I did pick up this one again. Officially it was my 3rd oldest but since I am not planning to buy and grind Far Cry 2/BF Bad Company, I decided that this one is my oldest. I had 3 trophies left back in 2008 (!!!...yes more than a decade ago...!!!) when my PS3 crashed and all my save data was gone. I never re-started the game until this week. Had to do a run on ' hard'  in order to unlock ' crushing'. I must admit I have died more in this game than in Demon Souls. Gosh, the controls are pretty crappy, head shots are not always registered which makes it sometimes hard with the scarce ammo lying around, and crushing means that enemies take easily 6 - 8 shots to the body. There was 13 years , 1 month and 3 weeks between my first and last trophy!

Current Status

Screenshot-2022-01-17-104354.jpg

Plans for next week

- Play more Demon Souls 1f601.png

- Picking up 'new' game for this week , probably one on the PS3

Happy trophy hunting everybody!

I'm planning on going back through all the Uncharted games and doing the DLC. It's one of my favourite series - my PS4 is the Uncharted 4 limited edition one :)

Good luck with Demon Souls. That's a big fat 'nope' from me!

12 hours ago, VoltrefferNL said:

Time for update #3.

Great seeing all the engagement this challenge is attracting, love reading what everybody is up to! @CptToffer I had a bit of indecisiveness last year, overthinking what to play, or what to do! I think the beauty of this one is that you can play a nice mix of old and new. Just pick a game you'd like to revisit from your profile and start playing, now 100%'ing it is another story, but any progress helps you get to your goal!

This week: Good week for me! A full % point increase due to finishing up most of Doom. Will probably slow down a bit in the coming weeks.

Doom 2016: Finished up most of the achievements here, unfortunately, the Runes one glitched on me which put a bit of a downer on it. Meaning I'll have to do a new playthrough to go over the runes again.

Battle Rock Galactic: Played some extra levels and got a few more trophies, like most here this will be a slow burn.

A Short Hike: What a lovely little game, relaxing while exploring an island. Really enjoyed this one!

Mafia III: This will be my Feb backlog project. I noticed the DLC was included in the PS+ offer, and I've kicked things off!

kPjwYRm.png

Next week:

Focussing on the Ultra Nightmare Thropy for Doom, as well as cleaning up the arcade DLC. I'll see if BRC and Mafia get some playtime as well.

Yeah exactly. I've got a lot of PS3 games to go back over and some of them I played for reviewing purposes so I never really tracked what I was getting or when but it will be good to finish off the ones that I can.