Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

9 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Hurricane_Tanya
Original Starting PCG: 58.26%                Total Earned Trophies: 63
Goal PCG: 70%                        Total Earned Platinums: 3
Current PCG: 58.29%                    Total Games Started: 5
Total Increase: 0.03%                    Total Games Completed: 3

I am actually surprised that I had any increase on my completion percentage because of all the new games I started. Still I’m happy with that small amount and I’m hoping to finish off a couple more games before the end of the month 

• Like 3

Monday Another Tuesday Update (Monday's must be too busy):

Snagged two more points in the monthly competition: Raise my PCG by one who point. My starting percentage was 72.56%, raised it to 73.56% today. Took a bit to move the needle. Played some from the backlog including, Lego Marvel's Avengers on Vita, VOLUME also on Vita, and Chess Knights: Viking Lands on PS4. That last one was a little buggy in the end, but got it done and deleted it from the system, no room for buggy games. 

The other point is for playing a free gameHiQ Ace (EU) on PS4. Its a freebie jigsaw puzzle game that you can complete without any in-store purchases if you want. 

Lcd80e8.png

Total competition points: 7

Starting PCG: 72.56% Current PCG: 73.64%

January PCG Increase: 1.08%

Starting Trophies: 8152 Current Trophies: 8376

Trophies Earned: 224

Platinums Earned: 9

• Like 4

And another game done: Final Fantasy VIII

• Played this game many years ago on PSX, never completed it.
  • Was nice to finally play and finish this RPG classic.
  • The integration of FMVs into the gameplay is still enjoyable to look at.
  • It was a good decision to keep the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Event stats:

• Original Starting PCG: 94.29%      
  • Goal PCG: 96%                             
  • Current PCG: 94.80%                    
  • Total Increase: 0.51
  • Total Earned Trophies: 44
  • Total Earned Platinums: 2
  • Total Games Started: 0
  • Total Games Completed: 3
  • Unearned trophies before: 482
  • Unearned trophies current: 438

==> Climbing the ladder to my first Goal PCG in small, but noticeable steps.

Completed so far:

1. DANTE'S INFERNO (2 trophies)
  2. MAD MAX (36 trophies)
  3. FINAL FANTASY VIII (6 trophies)

==> Thinking about what to play and complete next.

Edited by Geridian
Fixed an issue
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Geridian said:

And another game done: Final Fantasy VIII

• Played this game many years ago on PSX, never completed it.
  • Was nice to finally play and finish this RPG classic.
  • The integration of FMVs into the gameplay is still enjoyable to look at.
  • It was a good decision to keep the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Event stats:

• Original Starting PCG: 94.29%      
  • Goal PCG: 96%                             
  • Current PCG: 94.80%                    
  • Total Increase: 0.51
  • Total Earned Trophies: 44
  • Total Earned Platinums: 2
  • Total Games Started: 0
  • Total Games Completed: 3
  • Unearned trophies before: 482
  • Unearned trophies current: 438

==> Climbing the ladder to my first Goal PCG in small, but noticeable steps.

Completed so far:

1. DANTE'S INFERNO (2 trophies)
  2. MAD MAX (36 trophies)
  3. FINAL FANTASY VIII (6 trophies)

==> Thinking about what to play and complete next.

If you want to stick to backlog killzone or moss are the least demanding in terms of getting initial platinum.  You just have a lot of time sinks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

If you want to stick to backlog killzone or moss are the least demanding in terms of getting initial platinum.  You just have a lot of time sinks

Yeah, I actually was thinking of Killzone Shadow Fall or Bayonetta (Last trophy in this game earned 27. April 2014 ?).
/edit 2: And I did return to Bayonetta first ?
PSVR is in another room, so I will probably return to Moss later this week.
/edit Also I will return to Tales of Arise in the next evenings.

My long time plan is:

1. Complete some games.
  2. Play FF XIV to get the PS4 trophies out of the way.
  3. Start FF XIV on PS5.
    1. Yes, I know that I would get the PS5 trophy set this way, but I like to continue playing this game someday. 
    2. Still, imo FF XIV is one of the best FF games SE made in the last years.
Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 2

Picked up another couple of points...

Completed a game for another event ( What the hell is that still doing there?):

Sb17e4a.png

and earning 1055 trophies from the start of the year, I have raised my percentage

by one whole point from 73.55% to 74.55%  ..... the grind is very real, lol

Edited by damage_6-9
typo
  • Like 4

Not a great deal happening this month for me. 

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart:

I earned the plat early this month. Was a fun little shooter platformer. Not really sure it was a good as it looked in the trailer tho. The "seamless shifting between rifts" gimmick was really just cutscenes with a small boss battle section in-between. 

Dirt 5:

Started this this week. Played the game on PS4 on a friends console and while I enjoyed the game, it didn't really light me up enough to buy it. As it is the PS+ game this month, I thought I would give it a go on PS5. I'm glad it's an easy plat because after the first 10 tracks, it is very repetitive. Same tracks, same 5/6 cars (once you get to 500k, you have enough money to buy the best cars and its a breeze). Rubber banding is insane as well. I can be winning by 5 seconds, make no mistakes and in 3 corners have 2 AI cars behind me. Like wise you make a mistake and the AI pretty much stops so you are only over 3 seconds behind max. And the graphics and frame rate are atrocious. I don't normally care about graphics as gameplay and interesting ideas will always trump flawless graphics, but as a PS5 game it is terrible. I will begrudgingly buy the DLC so I can finish it 100% and then delete and forget I ever played this pile of trash. 

2022 plans:

Broken record time (pretty sure this has been my list since I tried and failed at the backlog challenge 4 years ago)

Dishonoured (70-80%)

AC: Black Flag (70-80%)

Bioshock Infinite (DLC)

War in the North (70-80%)

Metro 2033 (Plat)

Metro: Last Light (Start and Plat)

Metro Exodus (Start and 100%)

Tomb Raider (70-80%)

Other Goals:

100 plats

89% profile completion

less than 1000 unearned trophies

(Also shameless plug - I have started paining Pokemon Skateboards - if you like this sort of thing, give me a follow on Instagram @Poke.boards)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sofa King said:

Got my 11,000th trophy this morning, though PSNP doesn't count it as a milestone. I didn't realize after 10,000 the next one jumps to 15,000!

Oh well, no challenge points but I'm really happy about it as a personal milestone anyway.

Still at home with the 'rona so I'm just trying to make the best of it gaming-wise

There's challenge points?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Man of Inaction said:

There's challenge points?

From Original Post:

"

Monthly Challenges

Below will be list of goals that can be claimed during a month. These are extra options to find ways to increase your completion percentage.  You can get complete more than one goal in a month but you do not get points for completing the same goal twice. For instance, one goal could be to complete a new game that you added to your profile that month. You cannot use that goal twice in one month, you can though get points for say also completing a game in another community event. You also cannot use the same game for various goals.  The next month you can again gain the points from any goal. For a game to count for a goal it must be from atleast the month prior 

Scoring

Each individual goal is 1 point

10 points will be awarded when you hit the 5% goal or short term goal if you were over 90% to begin with. 

hit that longer term goal and 25 points is yours. 

get points from every category, it will net you 50 points. 

Monthly goals:

Complete the game with the most common rarity on your profile. .

Complete the plat with the most rarity on your profile. 

Complete all the multiplayer trophies in a game. 

Complete a free game.

Complete a nonplatinum game

Complete a game for another community event

Complete the game with the highest completion percentage on your profile. For example, on my profile, Halloween forever sits at I believe 95% complete. This gives the motivation to finish those games that have those hard trophies. Must be from 2021 or before.

Complete a story mode from a game that you have not played in a year or more. 

Complete the oldest game on your profile. 

Complete a PS Plus game.

Snag 100 Trophies

Hit a PSNP milestone on your profile.

Finish a DLC for a game you have already completed. 

Move 5 games up in rank :IE( e-d, d-c, c-b, b-a, a-complete) One of each.

Complete a new game added to your profile that month. 

Get a UR trophy. Game must be atleast two months old. 

Raise your score by a whole PCG point. 

If there are more goals I am open to adding them. 

Get a trophy from every platform you own ( PS3/PS4/Vita/VR/PS5)

If you do not own the game/ system anymore or it is unobtainable, move on to the next one in that order that could be allowed for that specific goal. 

These goals are not mandatory. You can as always just have fun, push up that completion and inspire each other to finish those games that have been left behind because there are too many games and not enough time. "

Back in college so my updates are now on Wednesdays.

Update #3

Last Week - 83.56

This Week - 83.36%

Kinda went backwards this week when I started a new game. But it will surely rebound. Didn’t really do much besides the new game

BACKLOG

One Piece: Pirates Warriors 4 - Was 11% now 19%

I can easily finish this game in a few days. It’s not a hard game. Just finding the time to do it.

Ark Survival Evolved - Was 2% Now 3% 

MAKING PROGRESS. Still enjoying playing this game with my sister. So far we got metal tools and getting ready to get our first guns. Managed to knock out a few animals and now got some flying pets to travel around better. It’s pretty fun. Just wish it wasn’t so buggy.

NEW GAMES

Super Meat Boy - Currently at 25%

Told myself I’m going to play this game and make it my new rarest platinum (Currently it’s, I am Bread). It’s pretty tough If you tell me. I managed so far to get no death runs finished for light and dark forest and light hospital. I also have all the bandages collected up to Hell along with A+. Managed to get Kid which took my almost 5k deaths. God if I didn’t want to pay $70 for a new Duelsense I would’ve chucked that thing around my house when I died at the last spike for Kids Warp. 

I plan to get at least all the way to The Salt Factory light and dark no death run by next week. Depends if I go insane or not. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Back in college so my updates are now on Wednesdays.

Update #3

Last Week - 83.56

This Week - 83.36%

Kinda went backwards this week when I started a new game. But it will surely rebound. Didn’t really do much besides the new game

BACKLOG

One Piece: Pirates Warriors 4 - Was 11% now 19%

I can easily finish this game in a few days. It’s not a hard game. Just finding the time to do it.

Ark Survival Evolved - Was 2% Now 3% 

MAKING PROGRESS. Still enjoying playing this game with my sister. So far we got metal tools and getting ready to get our first guns. Managed to knock out a few animals and now got some flying pets to travel around better. It’s pretty fun. Just wish it wasn’t so buggy.

NEW GAMES

Super Meat Boy - Currently at 25%

Told myself I’m going to play this game and make it my new rarest platinum (Currently it’s, I am Bread). It’s pretty tough If you tell me. I managed so far to get no death runs finished for light and dark forest and light hospital. I also have all the bandages collected up to Hell along with A+. Managed to get Kid which took my almost 5k deaths. God if I didn’t want to pay $70 for a new Duelsense I would’ve chucked that thing around my house when I died at the last spike for Kids Warp. 

I plan to get at least all the way to The Salt Factory light and dark no death run by next week. Depends if I go insane or not. 

I think you're already insane pal. SMB Platinum? No thanks, hard pass. Best of luck! 

• Like 1

Took another small hit as I now have started RPGolf Legends. This is not your standard Kemco title. It doesn't even have the pay to beat quickly dlc like most of their other games. Not that you need it here. If you have ever played a golf game on any system you can play this one with a zelda like game as the rpg. Weird combination but it works.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Took another small hit as I now have started RPGolf Legends. This is not your standard Kemco title. It doesn't even have the pay to beat quickly dlc like most of their other games. Not that you need it here. If you have ever played a golf game on any system you can play this one with a zelda like game as the rpg. Weird combination but it works.

But is it fun?

Sometimes I wonder why I trophy whpred back in the day. I played some rather horrible games and kept me from playing enjoyable games.

Some of the games I'm cleaning up just to write the wrong of this. Ie spiral splatter,  seen fast completions and golds a plenty and didn't realize till after i loaded many years ago the vita version was the pain in the ass version. Made significant progress on it but wish I could just delete this from my mind.