Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

Man having a TV show addiction is bad for this year long competition.  I am just glad I have a vita and a backlog to go with it to balance the force.

Can't believe I am attempting to complete fat princess piece of cake with it only having an offline mode. Hope I'll be able to Crack some of the trophies since not being able to get power ups easily is making this a challenge

it can be a grind but it is doable. I completed it last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Man having a TV show addiction is bad for this year long competition.  I am just glad I have a vita and a backlog to go with it to balance the force.

Can't believe I am attempting to complete fat princess piece of cake with it only having an offline mode. Hope I'll be able to Crack some of the trophies since not being able to get power ups easily is making this a challenge

I'm currently benefiting from 5 weeks of leave from work. Even then I'm primary childcare so I don't know what it's all going to look like once I go back to work. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CptToffer said:

I'm currently benefiting from 5 weeks of leave from work. Even then I'm primary childcare so I don't know what it's all going to look like once I go back to work. 1f605.png

Yea I know how that is with regards to taking care of your kid. Part of the reason why last year I barley did any gaming since wife worked 12 hour days so I was every role.

• Like 2

I'll sign up. I'm currently sitting at 95% with 76 games on my profile.  So my obvious goal is to get 100% long term. 

Short term goal 98% while adding/completing 4 games(80 total).

Long term goal:  100% while adding 24 games (100 total).

If you can recommend a different approach or have some suggestions, I'm all for it. Will be without internet for the next week or so, but look forward to making progress. Lot of fun gaming ahead of me this year. 

• Like 2

Thanks to the inspiration from @CptToffer I finally got the Multi-tasking trophy in Star Wars Battlefront 2 !

Just stuck with it and managed to have a few good rounds, taking down 4 in one of them. I think on the last one the player must've guessed I was after the trophy as they just seemed to fly in a straight line and allowed me to pummel them. Thanks random pilot!

I'm at level 41 now and just need to finish the 500 hero kills and get to lvl. 50, then the plat is mineB)

• Like 4

Still working my way through Bayonetta PS3 trophy set.
Finished hard mode minutes ago.

Was easy with the glitch I read about here: https://bayonetta.fandom.com/wiki/Glitches_(Bayonetta), kudos to all people writing the content on fandom sites!

Infinite Flute Glitch

• By setting the Magic Flute item to the rightmost item slot Right and activating it from the items menu Select , the item will be used without using it up.
  • This also generates invulnerability frames when Bayonetta uses the Magic Flute.
  • If the Magic Flute is used, just go back into the menu Select and repeat.
  • Be aware, that using the Magic Flute through the dpad shortcuts will still be counted and one Magic Flute will be consumed.
  • Also when you use the Magic Flute over the menu this way, the game will not count the item as being used for the stats!
    • But be aware that the game will use the item placed at the Down dpad shortcut when you are using the Magic Flute this way.
    • So just place any item you really do not need as Down dpad shortcut and you are fine.

Nonstop ∞ Climax will be done at Sunday, I think.

Also now my PCG changes from 94,29% to 95,01. ?
Only 0,99% missing to my first goal PCG of 96%.

Event stats (28.01.2022):

Original Starting PCG: 94.29%      
Goal PCG: 96%                             
Current PCG: 95.01%                    
Total Increase: 0.72
Total Earned Trophies: 63
Total Earned Platinums: 2
Total Games Started: 0
Total Games Completed: 3
Unearned trophies before: 484
Unearned trophies current: 421

• Like 3

If I cared for the point section of this competition I would be around 6 give or take completed.  But here I rather just complete this back log instead... 

Wish I had the dedication yall star War fans do with those mp trophies.  As much as I would love the battlefront 2 plat I don't think I have it in me

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Will also play HFW when I get my physical copy.
And my guess is: More of the players here in this challenge will play HFW also :D

You're probably right, I know I've been looking forward to it. Also have Elden Ring coming as well and I'm really hyped to play it too! 

Too many games and too little time

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

Also have Elden Ring coming as well and I'm really hyped to play it too! 

Yes, I thought about buying Elden Ring.

But since Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls 2 (PS3 and PS4) version, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro are still in my backlog pile since ages, I do not buy it because when should I play it? :D I did plat Dark Souls 1 on PS3 and had fun with it. Thought I would never finish NG in it, but as you become more adjusted to the game as a player you get better and in the end even NG+ and the half of NG++ is doable.

But I must say that I would buy Elden Ringe before I buy FFO: Stranger of Paradise.

FFO: Stranger of Paradise looks like a PS3 game, a bit better then Bayonetta PS3 version i am currently playing. The first demo made me not even want to grind a bit to be able to finish the endboss, just tried to fight him.
And the second demo for FFO: Stranger of Paradise was only playable during a limited period, but could still be downloaded even after the period it was playable.

So, yeah, hard pass from me for FFO: Stranger of Paradise.

==> Anybody here looking forward to the release of FFO: Stranger of Paradise?

Too many games and too little time

You go to work to buy video games, but because of work you do not have enough time to play videogames. This is really a  vicious circle :D

Edited by Geridian
Spelling
  • Like 4

I got 100 trophies this month now, but my percentage is going to be way down in the February summary because I decided to get 1 trophy in a bunch of games today as an extra challenge (they’re games I’ve had for years and never even played)…apparently I just need 600 more trophies to hit my target. We’ll see how that goes

• Like 3

On 27/01/2022 at 4:26 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Right, so I wanted to start the week by 100% completing Minecraft (PS3) as with CookiestMonsterr's trophy world I was able to get the bulk of the 30 remaining trophies I had left. This worked mostly but I ran into issues connecting to their world due to an known issue that was never fixed. At this point I had 8 trophies left including the platinum. So I decided to go for them on my own until Cookiest decides to next host the world. 

I managed to get 7/8 of the remaining trophies and am at 99% completion. I have lain most of the groundwork for earning the last one as well but would prefer to just join the trophy world and bada bing pop it as doing it myself will entail a few hours more work and I have had more than my fill of Minecraft.

I made a little progress in Yakuza Like a Dragon as well but not much.

That all took place over the weekend. Monday I ended up admitted to the hospital and was discharged Tuesday evening, Wednesday I mainly rested and that brings us to today. No trophy progress this week but I am feeling better after my brief stint in the hospital. 

Looking at my beginning stats, starting % was 86.75 and currently I am at 88.10. Chalk up another monthly goal - earn 1 full percentage point. I also have earned over 100 trophies this month, went from 7,752 at the start of the year to 7,866 as of 1/26. So one more monthly challenge completed. 

I am approaching the zenith of my possible completion % at this point in time as I do not have a PS3 capable of playing the disc versions of several games in my backlog. There are a couple of PS4 games I am trying to rent from the library which might get me 89% but everything else will most likely be a new game not already on my list which will subtract from my total until I 100% it. Still this month was surprisingly productive for me and it's not even over just yet. Who knows what the next 11 months will bring. 

Hope you feel better and that it isn't anything serious :)

9 hours ago, Sofa King said:

Thanks to the inspiration from @CptToffer I finally got the Multi-tasking trophy in Star Wars Battlefront 2 !

Just stuck with it and managed to have a few good rounds, taking down 4 in one of them. I think on the last one the player must've guessed I was after the trophy as they just seemed to fly in a straight line and allowed me to pummel them. Thanks random pilot!

I'm at level 41 now and just need to finish the 500 hero kills and get to lvl. 50, then the plat is mineB)

?? You're welcome. Can't believe I inspired someone to tackle that. ? Well done! 

6 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

If I cared for the point section of this competition I would be around 6 give or take completed.  But here I rather just complete this back log instead... 

Wish I had the dedication yall star War fans do with those mp trophies.  As much as I would love the battlefront 2 plat I don't think I have it in me

The MP stuff isn't honestly too bad. I'm gonna start the Tomb Raider MP soon and I'll let you know if that's worse 

• Like 4

94.37% -> 94.70%

My goals for this month were to complete Vampyr and Superhot and try to work through some of the Fallout 4 DLC trophies. I've managed to complete Vampyr and get a few more trophies from Fallout 4 but only managed to get 1 more trophy from Superhot, but have still made a lot of progress with the challenges so will hopefully finish it in February. I also managed to get two more trophies from Friday the 13th which I really want to finish this year but I still have over 1000 games in that to go... 

I'm going to be pretty busy in February but I want to continue with Superhot and Fallout 4 and I am going to start Resident Evil 2 and hopefully complete it. ?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rebeccafar said:

94.37% -> 94.70%

My goals for this month were to complete Vampyr and Superhot and try to work through some of the Fallout 4 DLC trophies. I've managed to complete Vampyr and get a few more trophies from Fallout 4 but only managed to get 1 more trophy from Superhot, but have still made a lot of progress with the challenges so will hopefully finish it in February. I also managed to get two more trophies from Friday the 13th which I really want to finish this year but I still have over 1000 games in that to go... 

I'm going to be pretty busy in February but I want to continue with Superhot and Fallout 4 and I am going to start Resident Evil 2 and hopefully complete it. 1f60a.png

What's SuperHot like to plat? I've done it on the PC and enjoyed it. Good luck with Resident Evil 2 - got a physical copy for my birthday a year or so back and haven't touched it yet. 

10 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

I've done that partially on ps3 and gave up due to boring crap that it is

Son of a... Well, I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I don't really know anything about the multiplayer - I just don't like playing things out of chronological order and I don't want platinums for the second and third game but not the first ? 

Also don't like leaving things unfinished. Although a lot of this I started before I got into trophy hunting. Which is why at some stage I've got to finish Battlefield V and The Division and other such pain. 

I need help. 

9 hours ago, Sofa King said:

It's just one of those games that I've been neglecting to finish for a good while so seeing you talk about it here, the multi-tasking trophy in particular, got me thinking it was about time.

Plenty of downtime thanks to Omicron didn't hurt either.

On a side note, I'm loving how everyone involved in this event has been so active and motivating in this forum. I didn't spend much time around here last year due to some personal issues so to be back more actively lately and be part of a group like this has been very cathartic. Thank you everyone!

Yeah the trophies for Battlefront II aren't actually too bad now the double and triple XP is in. It's just the Starfighter trophies that provide a bit of suffering but nothing too horrific. 

How's the 'Rona? 

Yeah I totally agree. This is the most active site/ forum I've been on since the website I wrote for closed down. It's a really great community and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm quite impressed at the total lack of swearing and trolls ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Yeah I totally agree. This is the most active site/ forum I've been on since the website I wrote for closed down. It's a really great community and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm quite impressed at the total lack of swearing and trolls 1f602.png

You're in the wrong topic to see the trolls and swearing lol