Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

17 hours ago, stuthesheep said:

Mass Effect: Andromeda 90% -> 100%

I also have this game sitting on my profile, with 38% trophy progression.
Played it for the last time end of August 21 and as far as I understand, I arrived at Kadara's Outcast headquarters for the first time.
Will try to complete it as my next game.. but returning to games you stopped playing after more then 1 month has passed is hard, at least for me.
I remember what happened so far, regarding the storyline, side missions and stuff. But still, I think that I should just restart the whole game because playing this game now from my last savegames feels .. odd. 
Also I reorganized my browser favorites for this game .. man, I really overdid it with finding information about this game.

What was your starting point from your playthrough for this event? 
How did you handle returning to this game after some time has passed, since you played it for the last time?

Edited by Geridian
Questions added
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for your thorough response. Funnily enough I just made a list this morning of everything left to complete. It was really overwhelming there’s 100’s. But the way you’ve said it makes it feel more manageable Thankyou.

I’m going to attack some today. I’m so stuck on some of them though so I just give up if they start to get annoying ?

• Like 2

Managed to make enough progression to offset the addition of new game to my catalogue. I've drilled into Deep Rock Galactic, Muv Luv Alternative, Dying Light 2 and Sukuna: Of Rice and Ruin. I still want to add some new titles but I think until I get 2-3 platinums I'm going to keep my library closed for now. Have a great week!

Spoiler

Start 51.98% > W1 52.10% > W2 52.18% > W3 52.23% > W4 52.26% > W5 52.29% > W6 52.32% > W7 52.31% > W8 52.25% > W9 52.25%

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Geridian said:

What was your starting point from your playthrough for this event? 
How did you handle returning to this game after some time has passed, since you played it for the last time?

Since it had been so long since I last played it - and I barely just made it to the first planet and only got one trophy before tapping out last time - I just started from the beginning. Vaguely seem to remember giving up after trying and failing to use the jump jets to get over a small chasm a couple of times and thinking something like "Sack this, Imma play Fallout 4 instead" , so it was basically like playing a new game for me. Sounds like you're a decent way through, but might be worth starting again in case you missed something along the way. Depends how much spare time you have!

I loosely followed a full text walkthrough on trueachievements.com since I was slightly concerned about the missable symbol trophy and that guides you through how to make sure as many trophies (including that one) as possible are unlocked in one run, including the relationship one - so you can't really go wrong.

• Like 1

@stuthesheepFound the guide you mentioned. Yes, this one is definitively helpful. Thank you for mentioning it.
Decided to continue my started playthrough and if I miss something, then I play NG+.
Thought about it and feels like a waste of the time I spent in 2021 when I start fresh now.
Also after the current main mission  I am on (Hunting the Archon) only 5 or 6 main missions are left.. and all the sidequests I already completed.. I just continue and hopefully I will get the platinum in 2 weeks or something like this ?.

Edited by Geridian
Wording
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS4) 12% --> 28%

I did just finish LEGO Marvel Super Heroes a few weeks ago and was really burned out of the LEGO games. I didn't think I'd try to clean this off of my backlog so soon. I was planning on doing Kena instead, but it's been so long since I've played I just didn't have the energy in me to re-learn what I was doing and how the game works. So I killed time here instead and made some progress. Hopefully the grind isn't as bad as Super Heroes was. 

I think you will have more fun with Avengers then you had with Super Heroes.
Avengers has no open world. You can do almost every race with Quicksilver, so a car is not needed.

Also I found the episodic style of the missions in Avengers more enjoyable, since every mission is tied to one of the movies.

Hope, you will at least find some joy while playing this game.

Imo all LEGO games with a large open world are just a terrible grindfest.

• Like 1

February Update: yeah, I'm late posting. 

Screenshot-20220308-163429-Sheets.jpg

Two new games started, three completed. A good ratio I wouldn't expect to see this month. I'm playing games for the KYC event right now because who doesn't like making this one more challenging? They'll be plenty of time left in the year to meet my goals. 

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 4

**PSA**

To those of you who (like me) have Fall Guys sitting on their profile unfinished:

There is a new event for the next 5 days that makes it REALLY easy to rack up a bunch of wins and get Infallible! My son earned it earlier today without even realizing it. He was just playing it and was surprised to see the trophy pop up! So if you want to finally clean it off of your backlog, now's the time!

On another note, now my only trophy needed to get the platinum for Fall Guys is Squad Goals (win a show while in a party of 3 or more). This event makes this pretty quick too. If anyone else needs it and wants to knock that trophy out this weekend, send me a message or something and we'll get it done.

Edited by Llobster12
  • Like 4