Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

Update 22. 6/13/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 53.81%
Current PCG    53.82%
Goal = 60%

Games -

Anthem 59% 67%

Monster Hunter Rise took over my gaming time last week but I did manage to make a little more progress in Anthem.. I'm hoping to finish it off this week for plat #225. Then I'll probably tank my completion % by trying some games from the new PS Plus collection. Oh well, at least it will be fun!

Have a good week!

• Like 3

I'm now needing the luck of the gaming gods to be on my side. All I have left on Fat Princess piece of cake is to beat level 54. (Heard level 55 is a cake walk compared to it). Then I be done with this game. Hope my level 10s can pull it off so I don't have to grind more. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

I'm now needing the luck of the gaming gods to be on my side. All I have left on Fat Princess piece of cake is to beat level 54. (Heard level 55 is a cake walk compared to it). Then I be done with this game. Hope my level 10s can pull it off so I don't have to grind more. 

I think most of mine were between 12 and 16. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 0:36 AM, Yuna said:

? I don't wanna think about games for other consoles.... There are so many SNES games under my bed, as well as PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA, even DS games I abandoned long ago ? Everything is fiiine if we just count Playstation trophy games I swear! 

What would be a good site to collect avarage difficulty and time to beat for games that don't have trophies? Because I too did a spreadsheet of my own that ordered by those 2 informations and has every disc and digital game I own for PS3/PS4 but I would be VERY interested in adding gaming from other platforms to my spreadsheet

On 21/06/2022 at 2:04 PM, Pauloxzak said:

What would be a good site to collect avarage difficulty and time to beat for games that don't have trophies? Because I too did a spreadsheet of my own that ordered by those 2 informations and has every disc and digital game I own for PS3/PS4 but I would be VERY interested in adding gaming from other platforms to my spreadsheet

the best I can think of is ‘how long to beat’ website, people add times for simple playthrough or completion times. It’s crowd sourced so take with a pinch of salt but it probably closest thing available.

Edited by Arophous
  • Like 1

Wow, second update in one month for me, probably because summer holidays started for me the end of past week.

Update 3 - June, 23rd:

Starting PCG: 56.90%

Previous Update: 57.97%

Current PCG: 58.61%

Short-Term Goal: 60.00%

Goal: 65.00%

Long-Term Goal: 75.00%

Games:

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: 100%

Final Fantasy X-2 HD: 100%

Astro's Playroom: 100%

Tera: 100%

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart: 100%

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: 52% ==> 100%

Rime: ??% ==> 100%

Dirt 5: 0% ==> 100%

Clicker Heroes: 42%

RPG Maker MV: 1%

Elden Ring: 10%

X-Blades: 5%

First of all I uncrossed X-Blades from my list because it is still on what is equivalent to Psnow on the new PS plus service, which I am very happy about! Haven't really checked the new service out but I definitely will the coming days. And try to play games I know I will complete

Right now I'm feeling great because I have so many games I want to play that I almost can't decide which is the opposite of some months ago, where I felt like I didn't want to play anything. But I'm going to start a new game, AI: The Somnium Files, because I got reminded how much I love the Nonary games and found out the same team made this game. So the next time I will probably go all out on mystery visual novels and the like. 

I finished my exams last week and this has given me enormous amounts of free time, except for the next 10 days where I'm going on a festival. One of the courses was a programming course, which has kind of given my an itch for the RPG Maker MV game that has been sitting dormantly for so long. But now I feel like have the surplus energy to actually do something creative and make something for fun for myself. 

Although I had exams I managed in the spare time to complete Yo-Gi-Oh! Which in total has been taking almost 7 years (I have not played near that time). I ended up making an absurdly broken Exodia deck, after which the game was basically a joke. With my friend we created a bit more fair but still powerful deck, so some of the duels would be a bit more fun to complete. I feel like the game really should have a platinum because it is actually absurdly long, and takes very long even though you win every battle first try, which I didn't until I had my powerful decks, because I used the story decks. It was getting a bit tiring with story decks because you basically had to learn a new strategy for each duel.

I was actually very productive because I also completed both Rime and Dirt 5, Rime because I had finished the story long ago but hadn't taken time to do the easy platinum, and then I felt an itch to play a PS5 game with some adaptive triggers. It wasn't as good triggers as other PS5 games I've played but I think sometimes you could actually feel the weight of the cars. Rime was short and sweet, Dirt 5 however I do not recommend the 100% and here's a mini rant about why:

Dirt is all in all a great racing game. Very chill which was exactly what I was looking for. And the main game was fine. I just really have a problem with the amount of tracks they are reusing. And reusing is fine in racing games, but they made a campaign when there are almost no tracks in the game. So be prepared to play the same tracks so many times but sometimes reverse, sometimes in rain with one set of cars or in the night with another set of available cars. One thing I got to credit is that I loved almost all the tracks the first time around and the reverse tracks works very well for all of them. But omg I do not want to play them 100's of times in the campaign. If I wanted that I would play online or freeplay. And I'm not even gonna get into how awful I think all the ice tracks are or how boring the circuit tracks are. "All the ice tracks" there are like 2 or 3 and you play maybe 20 ice tracks in the campaign.

Then I found out the game has dlc which I missed, and I promised myself I would complete the games I started, so I ended up playing it. Also I needed a lot of miles for the drive 1000 miles trophy. So I played all the dlc as well. And in 4 dlcs there are maybe 3 new tracks in total. They reuse all the old tracks, not even in new ways. There was a time trial mode, which is just driving through all the same stages. And even after doing everything in main campaign and finishing all the dlc and doing extra things called showdowns, not required for trophies, I still didn't have enough miles drove. I still needed about 150 miles. I just think it is absurd they want you to drive this much, when they don't have enough content to do it. And then thinking about how they reuse everything constantly and not have enough content I get very upset at this game. So I probably won't be playing anymore dirt games in the near future

Elden ring is still sitting on the shelf until I get home from festival, and then I think after AI: Somnium files I will start it up again, because I actually have the time to properly invest myself in the game again, which it deserves. I'm also playing Clicker Heroes on the side, because it is very afk, and I want to finish it soon. I got tired of it back then when I played it, but when I returned new features like transcend had come. So now I transcended and I think it's going to get a lot better from now. Still have so many games in my backlog I really want to play, and hopefully I'll get to most of them this summer. Crash 4, FF7R, Warriors Ultimate, Aliens Isolation and so so much more lol. Those are just games at the top of my head without actually diving in to my backlog. 

I'm at 58.61% so I'm pretty close to my short term goal, and I hope I can reach it over the summer holidays. Hopefully those visual novels that I'm about to play will bring me up to what I need. Also RPG Maker gets some easy trophies from what I saw on the trophy list. Good luck everyone

• Like 4

My long mega update for May and June.

May

@da-Noob123

Original Starting PCG: 86.74% May Earned Trophies: 98

Goal PCG: 91.74% May Earned Platinums: 1

May Starting PCG: 88.25% May Games Started: 0

Current PCG: 89.27% May Games Completed: 1

Month Increase: 1.02%

Total Increase: 2.53%

May began with Hitman 3. I started it by finishing the DLC's first since they are just Hitman 1&2 and the majority of them autopopped so I had like 5 to do. After that I  did some miscellaneous trophies that are basically the tutorial levels. After the refresher I put a pin on the game and went onto Dark Souls Remastered. 

DSR was my first ever FromSoft game and I didn't really care for it too much. I spent nearly a whole day in the Undead Berg and yeah I was elated to finally beat the Taurus Demon but as time went on I realized something. It's not about getting good it was about being patient in two ways. First by learning enemy attack patterns and timing your own and second have the patience to go through an area countless times until you can finally beat the boss and proceed. After beating the Iron Golem, I decided that the game had wasted enough of my time and I duped souls until I was soul level 242 and all attributes were at their soft cap. This made the game more enjoyable and I even did the DLC, Artorias is no joke. Blightown was easy as long as you proceeded slowly but the Catacombs and the Tomb of the Giants pissed  me off to no end with its ever present darkness. By the end of my first run I had almost everything needed for the platinum, just needed one Miracle and 6 weapons. I blitzed the game until I reached the Giant Blacksmith and forged 3 of the 6 weapons left and got the last Miracle on the way. For the last 3 weapons, I was lucky enough to meet up with another player in the forums who dropped them for me and the Platinum was mine. I do own Dark Souls 2&3 and even intended to play them back to back but decided not to play 2 at this time. 

Previously I mentioned how I rented Call of Duty: Ghosts but the disc didn't work, well the Gold Edition went on sale so I picked up. It was a great pallet cleanser and I actually really enjoyed the campaign, so much so that I was very disappointed that it ended on a cliffhanger that has a 0.00000000001% chance of ever being resolved. After the campaign I did the Safeguard mode until round 20, this was harder than I thought it would be but I found a YouTube video that showed an excellent camping spot that worked for me and survived all 20 rounds for that trophy, but that still left Extinction. Extinction is zombies but with aliens. I started it solo and it was quite the slog, luckily there is trophy where you have to beat it with 4 players all surviving. While going for this I actually enjoyed Extinction and decided to go for the rest of the trophies while squadded up instead of solo.

I took a break from Ghosts and dipped into Uncharted 4's Survival mode to get the relatively easy trophies for beating each of the 10 levels for the first time. The 2 remaining trophies would probably take 30-40 hours solo as they require you to get at least 1 star on all levels and 3 stars on all levels... on Crushing. I think the only way I would do this is to join a session where I was carried the whole way. Still, it was nice to get 10 of the 12 trophies in this DLC. 

To finish May, I went back to Hitman 3 and beat the first level.

June 

I'm doing June's update now as well as I am currently in the hospital for a follow up surgery to the one I had in April so I doubt I will be earning any more trophies this month.

I began this month by platinuming Ghosts. The Gold Edition came with 1 free DLC, Onslaught which is a new map for the Extinction mode. I started it but have been having internet issues recently but I do intend to finish it. I might even get the rest of DLC maps if they get a decent sale price.

Minecraft got another trophy update so I jumped into Fill_Fill's trophy world to recapture my 100% in it. I pray the PS4 version stops getting support sooner rather than later. 

The rest of June was spent on really digging into and enjoying Hitman 3. It was a great time and I simply can't get enough of it. I  eagerly anticipate IOI's next game.

I'll probably edit this when I get home to add in the monthly goals I completed, it's too hard on my phone. Plus my thumbs are killing me after typing all of the above. ?

• Like 4

Update

So tell me how I reached a full 1% increase this month but went back to my current percentage thanks to my brother-in-law and his annoying ass of wanting me to play Elden Ring despite of me telling him that I don’t like FromSoftware game ??? Now it’s on my profile and I’m gonna have to platinum the game, someday.

However, overall it’s been a good month with me completing Overcooked: All You Can Eat, Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V, the latter being on my profile for over year. I should be able to get done the DLC for Bugsnax. 

Original Starting PCG: 80.45%
Goal PCG: 95%
June Starting PCG: 85.29%
Current PCG: 85.61%

• Like 3

Hey guys. This week I bagged the plat for Paradise Killer, holding just under 53% completion. Have a good week.

Spoiler

Start 51.98% > W1 52.10% > W2 52.18% > W3 52.23% > W4 52.26% > W5 52.29% > W6 52.32% > W7 52.31% > W8 52.25% > W9 52.25% > W10 52.26% > W11 52.32% > W12 52.37% > W13 52.54% > W14 52.54% > W15 52.61% > W16 52.65% > W17 52.70% > W18 52.75% > W19 52.82% > W20 52.92% > W21 52.83% > W22 52.74%  > W22 52.93% > W23 52.87% > W24? > W25 52.94%

• Like 4