Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

Update 29. 8/1/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 54.70%
Current PCG    54.76%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Dauntless 34% 46%
Gems of War 14% 15%
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate 15% 17%
Stranger of Paradise FFO 83% 100%

Dauntless has been taking up most of my gaming time lately, even more than Sunbreak. Just one more trophy to go for the base game, but it's the "reach Mastery level 40" one so that will take a while. I'm currently at mastery level 34 though so it won't be too bad. Plus. there's plenty of expansion trophies to work on while grinding away at that level 40 one. I also eked out a couple more trophies in Gems of War, but now I'm truly done with the game for a bit. It would take too much time and / or money to progress further and I don't really feel like spending either on it right now.

Started working on Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate for the summer challenge and I should be able to finish it by Wednesday. I'm just following along with videos to make clearing the levels go by faster, and will self-boost the multiplayer between my PS4 and Vita. And lastly, I got all the Trials of the Dragon King trophies done in Stranger of Paradise so I'm back up to 100% in that. I played some of it normally, and then finished it out with the Liberator + Extra mode trick and farming that one mission shown in the guide for Dragon Treasures. I still plan on messing around with it some more to level up more jobs, etc, but it's nice to have the trophies out of the way.

For this week, more Dauntless and Pixeljunk Shooter. Then Axiom Verge is up next for the summer challenge.

Almost forgot to say thanks for the big monthly update. Thanks! Have a good week, everybody!

Edited by Static_Rook
formatting
  • Like 3

My Sporadic Updates Continue....

Elden Ring

This is my first Soulsbourne game and I gotta say I'm loving the ride so far. Trophies are few and far between and have been plugging away. I was following the Platinum Walkthrough, but am easily distracted by shining object and stray off the walkthrough path - if i was following the guide to a T i would be roughly level 44 - I'm sitting at a measly level 109. I have died too many times to my own self confidence and stupidity. 

Crash 4

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for Crash. I have waited on this but could pass it up due to it being free. I downloaded it, wanted to start it in my holidays in 6 weeks but the temptation was too great. Feel different but very familiar. I'm dreading the platinum relics but will have a crack. 

Horizon 2

It has grown on me and I have really enjoyed playing while I was in ISO from COVID. I think I'm having a second bout and will pick this up again and finish it if I test positive. 

My big learning is that I need to stop starting games at months end.....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Update 13 (July Update)

Games started:

Month: 134-->135 (+1)

Year: 120--->135  (+15)

Plats Earned:

Month: 95--->97 (+2)

Year: 75--->97 (+22)

100%'s Earned:

Month: (107--->113) (+3)

Year: (87--->113) (+26)

Completion Percentage: 

Month: 86.12% --> 86.71% (+0.59%)

Year: 78.83% --> 86.71% (+7.88%)

Goal: 85% ---- (+1.71% beyond goal)

New Stretch Goal: 90% --- (3.29% to go)

I had a great month! I managed to get some trophies that I'm really proud of and finished off a couple of really old backlog games.

Games I played this month:

S117b9e.pngFinal Fantasy XIII (PS3) 59% --> 100% Plat #96 Achieved!

I finally finished this after... 10 years, 5 months!! I think that this was the oldest possible game on my profile, so it was really nice to get this one finished finally. It wasn't too hard, just took some time commitment and a willingness to be organized outside of the game with a spread sheet to keep track of everything for the Treasure Hunter Trophy. Overall, I enjoyed the game. I can see why a lot of people don't like this as a Final Fantasy game, but I enjoyed it for what it was. I like the stagger and paradigm battle system as a nice change of pace. That Treasure Hunter trophy was a serious headache though.

Sfbb60b.png Titanfall 2 (PS4) 0% --> 100% Plat #97 Achieved!

A friend from work and I each challenged each other to complete a game that we ourselves had already done. I gave my friend Resident Evil, and he gave me Titanfall 2. What a great game this is! The campaign is fantastic and I can see why everyone is asking for Titanfall 3. I was really unsure if I'd be able to complete this one since I am terrible at FPS on console (I usually play any FPS with a mouse and keyboard) but I did manage to pull it off in the end. It took a lot of practice for the ...Becomes a Master trophy, but it finally happened.  I went from realizing that I wasn't good enough and that I'd probably have to forget about the plat, to a few hours later after seeing slow steady progress finally getting that one magical run. I was so excited to finally have it done that I forgot to save the gameplay of the run. So I went back the next day to see if I could replicate the feat.... and after 3-4 hours I still couldn't do it again. It really was a one in a blue moon occurrence.

Sa61c3c.pngUrban Trial Freestyle (PS3) 33% --> 100% (non-plat game)

With my new found confidence of pulling off something I didn't think I was capable of I moved over to this game. The game requires you to 5-star every track in the game (40 of them) and I had tried previously and had low-key given up due to the difficulty and the requirement on many tracks to both utterly perfect the track AND get lucky. Well, after much perseverance (many tracks took many many hundreds of attempts to pull off) and going through the same cycle of "this is entirely impossible, I'm giving up" to "I'm so close, it'll happen any run now!" on most every track I finally managed it. It's probably the single most difficult trophy I've ever earned and I'm super proud of myself. *self back pat*. This was another really old game cleaned off of my backlog at 9 years, 5 months. So yeah, super pumped about this month's trophy accomplishments.

Up Next:

- I'm thinking I'll do something quick and not so difficult and go back and do the DLC for Bugsnax.

- I'm debating on doing another old backlog game since I'm on a roll. I'm thinking maybe either Uncharted 4 or The Last of Us Remastered. Any recommendations from anyone on one of those (or any other game on my backlog) that they think isn't too bad?

Congrats on the progress everyone and happy trophy hunting!

Hey dude. Can certainly recommend both Uncharted 4 and Last of Us Remastered. They're both on my to-do list so if you want to take a run at the multiplayer for either, I'm up for it. Timings may suck but I need to get them done at some point. ?

• Like 1

After getting the plat in God of War the previous week I dabbled in a few titles before setting, earned a trophy in Persona 5 where I making exceptionally slow progress in my first blind play through - just beat another palace and waiting for the timer to come up for a guaranteed trophy!

Ended up settling into Last of us part 2, finishing my half blind play through already, got 8 more trophies typical in a first play through and i did enjoy the story, still not a patch on the first game though.

This week I intend to continue flipping between Persona 5 and last of us 2, following a guide on the latter for collectables alongside permadeath.  Oh and the daily grinding of fates in Final fantasy XIV.

Have a good ? week everyone!

Started: 75.09%

Last week: 80.85%

Current: 81.25%

New games started: None

Milestones: none

Edited by Arophous
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Hey dude. Can certainly recommend both Uncharted 4 and Last of Us Remastered. They're both on my to-do list so if you want to take a run at the multiplayer for either, I'm up for it. Timings may suck but I need to get them done at some point. ?

yup great indeed @Llobster12, and if you guys want to do the DLC of Uncharted 4 I will be up for that too!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arophous said:

After getting the plat in God of War the previous week I dabbled in a few titles before setting, earned a trophy in Persona 5 where I making exceptionally slow progress in my first blind play through - just beat another palace and waiting for the timer to come up for a guaranteed trophy!

Ended up settling into Last of us part 2, finishing my half blind play through already, got 8 more trophies typical in a first play through and i did enjoy the story, still not a patch on the first game though.

This week I intend to continue flipping between Persona 5 and last of us 2, following a guide on the latter for collectables alongside permadeath.  Oh and the daily grinding of fates in Final fantasy XIV.

Have a good 1f3c6.png week everyone!

Started: 75.09%

Last week: 80.85%

Current: 81.25%

New games started: None

Milestones: none

i going to switch between detroit become human sekiro shadows die twice and persona 5 for trophies because i unlocked 2 trophies yesterday from persona 5 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I heard and I never started it. But you have to do it MP right?

9 minutes ago, CptToffer said:

Yeah. I think it's widely regarded as being impossible to do so solo. Need a team of folks, ideally with headphone/mics I would think 

I have only beaten each level once on the easiest difficulty but solo Crushing is possible:

It takes a ton of work to do, from the little poking around on the subject I have done, it would take like 40-50 hours for all leveling and unlocks needed. Occasionally people will put up a session to carry others so I check that every once in a while, even then though it takes around 2 hours to complete all 10 stages.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I have only beaten each level once on the easiest difficulty but solo Crushing is possible:

It takes a ton of work to do, from the little poking around on the subject I have done, it would take like 40-50 hours for all leveling and unlocks needed. Occasionally people will put up a session to carry others so I check that every once in a while, even then though it takes around 2 hours to complete all 10 stages.

brrr 40 - 50 hours is for now too much for me....maybe slice and dice it?

1 minute ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

brrr 40 - 50 hours is for now too much for me....maybe slice and dice it?

Yeah, it's a time sink. A very boring time sink. Doing it solo even on Easy I was so bored, can't imagine a whole work week worth of it. 

To nab those 10 trophies it was worth a few hours, but 40+ on the last 2... I'll wait my turn to be carried if I ever bother with it.

5 hours ago, sword-blaster45 said:

this month and the next months i going to platinum more games i have made some progress with persona 5 and i going to switch between few games assasins creed syndicate detroit become human and i hope at september to start with the souls games 

Hoping this is me to be honest. I've got about 3 or 4 games that just need a little bit more time on each. I'm hoping August and September will be decent for it. I am changing jobs too though. 

I plan to make October all about doing Spyro 2 and 3 as a bit of a last ditch attempt to boost my %

19 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Hey dude. Can certainly recommend both Uncharted 4 and Last of Us Remastered. They're both on my to-do list so if you want to take a run at the multiplayer for either, I'm up for it. Timings may suck but I need to get them done at some point. 1f605.png

16 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

yup great indeed @Llobster12, and if you guys want to do the DLC of Uncharted 4 I will be up for that too!

Well, that settles it for me then, I'm gonna go to Uncharted 4 next then, and if the timing works out it would be great to do the MP stuff with you guys. I'll try to add you guys on PSN if that's cool with you. Thanks!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Well, that settles it for me then, I'm gonna go to Uncharted 4 next then, and if the timing works out it would be great to do the MP stuff with you guys. I'll try to add you guys on PSN if that's cool with you. Thanks!

Sounds good to me bud. Let's go for it. 

17 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

yes but after my holiday ...

I also see that you can actually buy weapons with real money?!

Yeah. There were microtransactions in it but sod that for a game of soldiers. I ain't parting with cash. 

I've got a job change coming up in 2 weeks so my schedule is likely to be all over the shop but as and when you boys are free, let me know and I might be about to squeeze in a couple of sessions. 

1 hour ago, CptToffer said:

Yeah. There were microtransactions in it but sod that for a game of soldiers. I ain't parting with cash. 

I've got a job change coming up in 2 weeks so my schedule is likely to be all over the shop but as and when you boys are free, let me know and I might be about to squeeze in a couple of sessions. 

for me this after Summer period anyway

I played the game from the original disc, sold that and I do have the Uncharted collection from a plus month. Is that the same trophy list?