Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

Hey guys. Hope it's been a good week. I've dabbled in a few titles but most of my progress was in Cult of the Lamb. This week I hope to platinum Salt and Sacrifice and finish the DLC for Outerwilds... should pust me over 53% completion. Have a nice one.

Spoiler

Start 51.98% > W1 52.10% > W2 52.18% > W3 52.23% > W4 52.26% > W5 52.29% > W6 52.32% > W7 52.31% > W8 52.25% > W9 52.25% > W10 52.26% > W11 52.32% > W12 52.37% > W13 52.54% > W14 52.54% > W15 52.61% > W16 52.65% > W17 52.70% > W18 52.75% > W19 52.82% > W20 52.92% > W21 52.83% > W22 52.74%  > W22 52.93% > W23 52.87% > W24? > W25 52.94% > W26 52.72% > W27 52.77% > W28 52.84% > W29 52.67% > W30 52.84% > W31 52.88% >W32 52.92%

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Arophous said:

I would say go easy on yourself this week off and get Ratchet restarted, will be super satisfying given how long it’s been since you last played it and put a good chuck of completion in.  Also means the mother in-law won’t wonder what all that head stomping at night is about…

So I did start a game but went with Dead Space on Impossible mode purely cause I couldn't think when else I would actually start it and I actually wanted to see how hard it was. 

Four deaths in chapter 1 as I ran out of ammo. Had to do a few running away from enemies until I got to the start of Chapter 2 and could use the cheats to generate some credits and nodes. Then going to do the Chapter 2 credit glitch to try and make life a little easier. 

I think I'll stick with the Plasma Cutter rather than mixing it up with other weapon types because it can be powerful and is accurate. 

I'm doing *tons* of DIY this week so may end up going to Ratchet and Clank if I'm too shattered to deal with the difficulty on Dead Space. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CptToffer said:

So I did start a game but went with Dead Space on Impossible mode purely cause I couldn't think when else I would actually start it and I actually wanted to see how hard it was. 

Four deaths in chapter 1 as I ran out of ammo. Had to do a few running away from enemies until I got to the start of Chapter 2 and could use the cheats to generate some credits and nodes. Then going to do the Chapter 2 credit glitch to try and make life a little easier. 

I think I'll stick with the Plasma Cutter rather than mixing it up with other weapon types because it can be powerful and is accurate. 

I'm doing *tons* of DIY this week so may end up going to Ratchet and Clank if I'm too shattered to deal with the difficulty on Dead Space. 

When to start it? Dead Space is perfect for October! There is a DLC I bought that was really cheap when I did my Impossible run that gives you a great suit to tank some damage though it will get much easier once you start upgrading via duping.

Think I might get the sequel for me to play this October but the hardcore run does intimidate me...

• Like 1

Update 31. 8/15/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 54.99%
Current PCG    55.45%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Axiom Verge 5% 65%
Bouncy Bullets (PS4) :platinum: 8/9/2022
Bouncy Bullets (Vita) :platinum: 8/9/2022
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate 59% :platinum: 8/11/2022
Rumbleverse 0% 19%
Thunder Paw (PS4) :platinum: 8/9/2022
Thunder Paw (Vita) :platinum: 8/9/2022

(Cult of the Lamb PS4 0% 14%) - trophies not synced

Picked up a couple of Ratalaika games in the current sale so that gave me a nice boost. I also finished off Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate for the summer challenge, and am working on Axiom Verge for it right now. Just got done with the Hard 100% run in Axiom so I just have the low % speedrun to do tomorrow. Starting Rumbleverse bumped me back down a little, and I'll take another % hit whenever the PS4 trophies for Cult of the Lamb sync up server side, but it was still a good week overall.

Plans for this coming week are to finish Axiom Verge as well as Croixleur Sigma, and maybe sneak in Foreclosed from PS+ since it's supposed to be quick. I'll be starting a couple more new games near the end of the month so I could use the buffer. Also starting to plan for plat 250. I'd love to line up another Ultra Rare for it if I can. We'll see.

Have a good week!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

When to start it? Dead Space is perfect for October! There is a DLC I bought that was really cheap when I did my Impossible run that gives you a great suit to tank some damage though it will get much easier once you start upgrading via duping.

Think I might get the sequel for me to play this October but the hardcore run does intimidate me...

Yeah I spawned 250,000 credits last night and did the first part of Chapter 2 and only died once. Tbh, once the Plasma Cutter is fully upgraded and I have enough money to buy ammo, this should be a breeze. Will be the fourth or fifth time I've completed it so, not a problem. Will be good to get only my 3rd Platinum of the year. 

I ain't going anywhere near Dead Space 2 or 3. I played DS2 on the Xbox and that hardcore run trophy can get in the bin. 

@Llobster12@Llobster12 Dude, I'm up for the Uncharted 4 stuff. It needs done my end. I'll fire it back up next week and see what the state of it is for. Drop me a DM and we'll discuss timings etc?

• Like 3

Dead Space Chapter 2 and 3 done,  Impossible Mode. Got into a groove with it now. Sticking with the Plasma Cutter is paying off because it's maxed out bar capacity. Just got to slog through it now. 

I'll do this and keep going with AC Unity until October. At that point I'll ditch everything and do the two Spyro games in an effort to meet my target before the end of the year. 

• Like 2

Another Update. 

Elden Ring

Beat Radahn second go. Bird farm has been so good for over levelling and making sure the bosses are relatively easy. Just cruising through the capital ATM.

Horizon Forbidden West

Finished the last story mission a couple of days ago. I planned it so I achieved the Story, Level and last machine trophy at the same time - earning 4 trophies in the space of 5 mins. Didn't enjoy the story enough to go for the New Game + trophies. 

• Like 2

On 10-6-2022 at 9:41 AM, Arophous said:

Been a couple of weeks since last update, in that time I managed to complete Horizon Zero Dawn 100% and begun Horizon Forbidden West. The first game had so much tight polish and I'm already feeling that there was too many mechanics put into Forbidden West causing me to tone down difficulty in order to just focus on the storyline.  Since the update with NG+ / Ultra Hard difficulty came out, I'm probably going to park the DLC for the future and come back, especially as I will certainly be Horizoned out by the time I get there.

I also caved and picked up Final Fantasy XIV which had the complete edition on sale.  Having already played quite a bit on the free trial I decided I would go for it and make this my ongoing game after deciding Destiny 2 was just not giving me the same 'fun' anymore.  Knocked out 37% of the trophys in that first week or so, around level 45 so nearing the end of the original campaign.  Plan with this game is to get through as much of the main story questline and get most of the crafting trophys completed before the 30 day subscription finishes.  Can see why everyone says it's an RPG first and an MMO second.  I will use the sub time to consider taking breaks as I'm conscious the main storyline to the latest expansion is some considerable # hours, see how hooked I get 1f609.png.  Also as simple as the mechanic is, I don't think the 1k fishing trophy will be hard - I could chill to fishing in games all day long... possibly my strangest gaming fetish.

I have also had Beyond Two Souls installed and ready to replay with a second controller for the platinum, might get started on this, I want it to be plat 39 and knock one of my annual goals of completing some of my incomplete PS+ titles.

Hope everyone is having a rad week 270c.png

Started: 75.09%

Last week: -% (I was too afraid to look after hitting 78%)

Current: 76.55%

New games started: Horizon Forbidden West & Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)

Milestone: none

Do you have digital ore disc games i was wondering that a while now 

Edited by sword-blaster45

3 hours ago, sword-blaster45 said:

Do you have digital ore disc games i was wondering that a while now 

Mixture of both - both Horizon games were digital but have a small collection of physical (GTSport, Elden Ring, Dark Souls trilogy, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Red Dead 2, Battlefront 2, Kingdom Hearts collection, Monster Hunter Iceborn master edition, Destiny, Destiny 2, Persona 5 Royale).  Everything else is digital, normally from great sales/PS+.

17 hours ago, Arophous said:

Mixture of both - both Horizon games were digital but have a small collection of physical (GTSport, Elden Ring, Dark Souls trilogy, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Red Dead 2, Battlefront 2, Kingdom Hearts collection, Monster Hunter Iceborn master edition, Destiny, Destiny 2, Persona 5 Royale).  Everything else is digital, normally from great sales/PS+.

mine is most of them digital because most of them are ps plus free taken and great sales from ps store  i saw that you have alot of platinum trophies and are the souls games hard to do i got all of them and i want to earn trophies ??again i have taken a break after my platinum from diablo reaper of souls started a game assasins creed syndicate lvl 4 at the moment in the game and i have been thinking to do the games where i am at 1 percent to finish those games ore what do you think i should finish and i got also disc games the last of us part 2 saints row the third elden ring far cry new dawn to name a few titles but its getting a bit out of hand i got 100 disc games and 263 digital games 

Edited by sword-blaster45

Guys, this is going to sound like the stupidest question but I just want to make sure of something. 

I'm not starting any new games because I don't want to tank my completion percentage. I'm assuming that if I did start something new and worked to platinum/complete it,  it wouldn't benefit me overall because there's no way my percentage for completion would get any higher than it already is? Does that make sense?  ?

FML

So in preemptive preparedness for eventually playing The Elder Scrolls Online I have been logging in daily to the daily rewards. Unfortunately, today the reward popped a bronze trophy and I have now just added 123 unearned trophies to my account... Guess I won't be hitting that 5% goal after all. ?

1 minute ago, da-Noob123 said:

FML

So in preemptive preparedness for eventually playing The Elder Scrolls Online I have been logging in daily to the daily rewards. Unfortunately, today the reward popped a bronze trophy and I have now just added 123 unearned trophies to my account... Guess I won't be hitting that 5% goal after all. ?

Bloody hell. Sorry my dude. 123,  jesus. 

13 minutes ago, CptToffer said:

Guys, this is going to sound like the stupidest question but I just want to make sure of something. 

I'm not starting any new games because I don't want to tank my completion percentage. I'm assuming that if I did start something new and worked to platinum/complete it,  it wouldn't benefit me overall because there's no way my percentage for completion would get any higher than it already is? Does that make sense?  ?

Correct, if you add a new game and complete it 100% it will just get you back to where you were beforehand.

Actually any game you have at 100% doesn’t affect your completion percentage, only those below that threshold. 

Simply put, to increase overall completion percentage, you need to reduce your current amount of unearned trophies.

Edit: The math nity grity can be seemingly complex but that's because trophies are weighed differently. Platinum trophies are not counted towards overall completion percentage, bronze gets you 0.01%, silver 0.03%, and gold 0.06% IIRC. (At least this is how much I get with 8k+ trophies.) So to understand what this means, adding a game with say 40 trophies 1P, 2G, 7S, and 30B, your percentage drops by 0.63%. Then you earn all 30 bronzes and happens to get 10 golds from other games that were incomplete. Your percentage would go up by 0.9%.

Edited by da-Noob123
More info

6 minutes ago, CptToffer said:

I'm not starting any new games because I don't want to tank my completion percentage. I'm assuming that if I did start something new and worked to platinum/complete it,  it wouldn't benefit me overall because there's no way my percentage for completion would get any higher than it already is? Does that make sense?  1f602.png

Unless your percentage is 100% when you start that game, it WILL help your overall, even a little, since that completed game would add weight to increase it.

IE 3 games, overall 66% (2 games complete, 1 not complete)

Complete a 4th game, overall would go to 75% (3 games complete, 1 not complete).

As you get more completed games, adding new games affects it less and less, while completing unfinished games adds a more noticeable increase (since you don't have an initial decrease).

This is an over simplification of the numbers, but the idea is correct.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CptToffer said:

I'm not starting any new games because I don't want to tank my completion percentage. I'm assuming that if I did start something new and worked to platinum/complete it,  it wouldn't benefit me overall because there's no way my percentage for completion would get any higher than it already is? Does that make sense?  1f602.png

A new game added and completed will get you a small gain in completion but not nearly as much as finishing games already on your profile.

25 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

FML

ooof, unlucky :(

I too only have a single trophy unlocked on ESO.

If emperer wasn't a thing, I'd probably make an effort to go for it tbh.

6 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

ooof, unlucky :(

I too only have a single trophy unlocked on ESO.

If emperer wasn't a thing, I'd probably make an effort to go for it tbh.

I'll go for it one day, maybe. Sergen posted a solo build for it that can do it but it is definitely not for a first playthrough. 

I figure I can play it while waiting for TESVI for the rest of my life.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback ya'll. I appreciate the guidance as much as I appreciate the lack of mocking ?

Slowly grinding out the Battlefield V stuff tonight. Last class to do is my least favourite -  Recon. Then a final 100K grind in XP and that's all the multiplayer done and then four outstanding SP trophies. 

Also good to know that finally doing the last gold trophy in Dead Space will net me...just a gold trophy if the platinums don't count towards it ?

• Like 3

Update 33: August 20th

Starting Completion percentage: 93.46%

Week 1 Completion (93.56 (+0.10% From Start)

Week 2 Completion (93.62 (+0.16% From Start) (+0.06 From previous week)

Week 3 Completion (93.62 (+0.16 From Start) (No Change From previous week)

Week 4 Completion (92.96 (-0.50% From Start) (-0.66% From previous week)

Week 5 Completion (93.70 (+0.44% From Start) (+0.74 From previous week)

Week 6 Completion (93.02 (+0.56% From Start) (+0.32 From previous week)

Week 7 Completion (94.06 (+0.60% From Start) (+0.04 From previous week)

Week 8 Completion (93.75 (+0.29% From Start) (-0.31 From previous week)

Week 9 Completion (93.86 (+0.40% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 10 Completion (94.07 (+0.61% From Start) (+0.21 From previous week)

Week 11 Completion (94.18 (+0.72% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 12 Completion (94.59 (+1.13% From Start) (+0.41 From previous week)

Week 13 Completion (94.76 (+1.30% From Start) (+0.17 From previous week)

Week 14 Completion (94.73 (+1.27% From Start) (-0.03 From previous week)

Week 15 Completion (94.83 (+1.36% From Start) (+0.09 From previous week)

Week 16 Completion (94.67 (+1.21% From Start) (-0.16 From previous week)

Week 17 Completion (94.81 (+1.35% From Start) (+0.14 From previous week)

Week 18 Completion (94.91 (+1.45% From Start) (+0.10 From previous week)

Week 19 Completion (94.79 (+1.33% From Start) (-0.10 From previous week)

Week 20 Completion (94.75 (+1.29% From Start) (-0.04 From previous week)

Week 21 Completion (95.10 (+1.64% From Start) (+0.35 From previous week)

Week 22 Completion (95.78 (+2.32% From Start) (+0.68 From previous week)

Week 23 Completion (96.07 (+2.61% From Start) (+0.29 From previous week)

Week 24 Completion (96.15 (+2.69% From Start) (+0.08 From previous week)

Week 25 Completion (96.22 (+2.76% From Start) (+0.07 From previous week)

Week 26 Completion (96.02 (+2.56% From Start) (-0.20 From previous week)

Week 27 Completion (96.24 (+2.78% From Start) (+0.22 From previous week)

Week 28 Completion (96.02 (+2.56% From Start) (-0.22 From previous week)

Week 29 Completion (96.14 (+2.68% From Start) (+0.12 From previous week)

Week 30 Completion (96.24 (+2.78% From Start) (+0.10 From previous week)

Week 31 Completion (96.26 (+2.80% From Start) (+0.02 From previous week)

Week 32 Completion (96.37 (+2.80% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Current Completion: (96.41 (2.95% Total Increase) (+0.04% from last week)

Outer Wilds 82% -> 100%
Lost Grimoires 3 0% -> 100%
Watch Dogs: Legion 83% -> 85% -> 97% -> 100%

A Plague Tale: Innocence 0%->100%

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection 0%-> 4% -> 100%

Blood Bowl 2 4% -> 100%

Horizon Zero Dawn 98% -. 100%

Bridge Constructor Portal 0% -> 100%

Horizon Forbidden West 0% -> 30% -> 77% -> 100%

Final Fantasy XV 45% -> 60% ->66% ->100%

Glass Masquerade 0% -> 100%

Glass Masquerade 2 0% -> 100%

Bridge Constructor 0% -> 100%

Elventide: Slavic Fable 0% -> 100%

Elventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror 0% -> 100%

Elventide 3: Legacy of Legends 0% -> 100%

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink 0% -> 100%

Dark Arcana: The Carnival 0% -> 100%

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav 0% -> 100%

The Dark Eye: Memoria 0% -> 100%

Nine Witches: Family Disruption 0% -> 100%

Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 0% -> 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor 72% -> 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 0% -> 88% -> 100%

Team Sonic Racing 0% -> 100%

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom 0% -> 100%

Tales from The Borderlands 0% -> 100%

Final Fantasy IX 0% -> 48% -> 100%

Rogue Aces 0% -> 100%

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments 0% ->100%

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus 0% -> 100%

Sly 2: Band of Thieves 0% -> 100%

Sly 3: Honor among Thives 0% -> 55% -> 100%

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 0% -> 39% -> 100%

Fallout 3 9% -> 29% -> 100%

Fallout New Vegas 53% -> 90% -> 100%

Fallout 4 32% -> 85% -> 100%

Fallout Shelter 0% -> 100%

Anna's Quest 0% -> 100%

My Brother Rabbit 0% -> 100%

Gris 0% -> 100%

Silece 0% -> 100%

Lego Movie: The Videogame 0% -> 100%

Lego Movie 2: The Videogame 0%  -> 100%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots 0% -> 31% -> 100%

The Pathless 0% -> 100%

Strange Brigade 0% -> 46% -> 68%

Kena: bridge of Spirits 0% -> 100%

The Last Door 0% -> 100%

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes 42% -> 100%

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain 21% -> 29% -> 56% ->92% -> 100%

Nuecromunda: Hired Gun 0% -> 100%

Weekly Update Time

Finally finidhed off Metal gear Solid 5, which I did enjoy, but I feel it outstayed it's welcome by a few hours(far too many repetitive side ops), shame teh game was never fully completed also.

Thats all the MGS games done now-  I refuse to go near survive. I may one day do Rising, if I can find a reasonably cheap copy of it. I do hold out some small hope that we see morre of the Snake's one day, a proper remake of mgs would be nice, or even of the original 2 Metal Gear's.

Also played and finished Necromunda: Hired Gun this week, which whilst nothing special, was perfectly enjoyable, felt a bit like Doom, but considerably more faster paced.

• Like 2

my percentage have slightly increased to 17.46 due to my platinum trophie from diablo reaper of souls+dlc but i am going to continue with dark souls remastered for unlocking the platinum trophie do anyone have platinum dark souls ps4 version and with assasins creed syndicate aswell my games are all digital and some of them are disc version games wich i have done 4 of them and i hope to increase my percentage to 25% this year and i am not going to add games anymore to my psnprofile othetwise i am not going to have my percentage up